Lost Season Two Thread

Zamode

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I threw some stuff out there, also a co-worker at work sent me an interesting discussion on what may be causing the electro-magnetic disturbance and also had a pretty cool map inside the discussion:

http://forums.go.com/abc/primetime/lost/th...15&forumStart=0

definitely check out the links to the maps as those are pretty neat.

Although at this point I think the questions about Why and Who are more interesting than the How questions.

I felt bad for Locke, he had so much faith and so much conviction and the moment he lost it it ends up destroying him and it took down others who had kept their faith. Locke obviously has an obsession with not being fooled cause of his Dad but he always let his Dad sucker him and he got screwed because of that and this time he chooses not to believe and it turns out to be awful.

Now it will be interesting to see if Locke/Eko/Desmond actually died in some big explosion of some sort or whether turning the key did something else.

I felt bad for Locke, he had so much faith and so much conviction and the moment he lost it it ends up destroying him and it took down others who had kept their faith. Locke obviously has an obsession with not being fooled cause of his Dad but he always let his Dad sucker him and he got screwed because of that and this time he chooses not to believe and it turns out to be awful.

Now it will be interesting to see if Locke/Eko/Desmond actually died in some big explosion of some sort or whether turning the key did something else.

I really like the Desmond character and am glad he's back - at least, I hope he's still alive! Also Eko. I can't imagine Locke not being back, so maybe all of them survived. :pray:

Someone on another forum noticed that Kelvin - the guy who rescued Desmond when he first washed up on the island - was the same man who captured Sayid and made him torture his superior. I knew he was familiar from somewhere . . . .

And Libby's "chance" meeting with Desmond, and just happening to have the kind of boat he needed, and being willing to give it to him for free. What role does she really have in that, do you think?

And is Penelope going to be their rescuer in the end? And why was she looking for an electromagnetic anomaly in the first place? :noclue:

Aaannnnddd - will Michael and Walt really break free from the island, or will they be like Desmond said - "trapped in a snow globe" - which coincidentally is something that apparently showed up last season in that magazine Walt was reading.

So many questions . . . . so few answers. :huh:

And it makes sense he ran away from his military position since he was doing something so distasteful...now the question is did he leave the military to do this or was this a new position for him within the military? Anyone have a screen shot of the booklet Des showed Libby of the Penelope's father? I wanted to see the little bit of writing beneath the photo.

And is Penelope going to be their rescuer in the end? And why was she looking for an electromagnetic anomaly in the first place?

I think she has an idea of what her Dad is up to and so knew how he was going to get Des away from her for good and what she needed to look for if she was going to have a chance of finding him.

Here is a reasonable explanation for the stone formation and statue, from the ABC message board:

"This message is from my 12-year old daughter...

Ok. I am in 6th grade and a BIG Lost fan. For one of our projects in social studies (world cultures) we had to watch this one video 'The Voyage of the Mimi 2.' In episode 9 or 12 there was the exact same stone formation that was shown where The Others camp was. This stone formation was a Mayan astronomy tool. Every time that a year past, the sun would be directly in the middle of the box. ALSO about the four-toed foot, people have been thinking that the 'foot' was a Greek god foot, but I really think that the foot was that of a Mayan god. If you have heard of the Mayans you probably know that they lived in the west side of South America. This is where the Losties could be since they supposedly crashed in the South Pacific. Any thoughts??"

Edit: Someone else adding something in support of this: "Good ideas. Especially since a Mayan Calendar can be seen in the De Groots office in the Swan Orientation film."

Edited by Devils731

And it makes sense he ran away from his military position since he was doing something so distasteful...now the question is did he leave the military to do this or was this a new position for him within the military? Anyone have a screen shot of the booklet Des showed Libby of the Penelope's father? I wanted to see the little bit of writing beneath the photo.

I think she has an idea of what her Dad is up to and so knew how he was going to get Des away from her for good and what she needed to look for if she was going to have a chance of finding him.

Walt got big!

Under the picture said

CHARLES WIDMORE

Industrialist - Philanthropist

well that was next to the photo.. there was nothing under the photo.

Definitely a lot of questions without many answers as many have pointed out....they seem to kill of only the characters who've had their backgrounds told so my guess is Desmond is a gonner...I would be surprised if Locke is gone but not so surprised if Eko is...although he is a great character and I'm sure a lot can be done about him....I'm also thinking that Libby's background is going to be told solely through the eyes of other people now...we will eventually find out how she went all nutty....anyway I guess I'll fess up to it but I watch the O.C. and found it quite hilarious because the guy who played Whidmore is the same guy who played billionaire Caleb Nichol on the O.C. and the boat Desmond got from Libby had "Newport Beach" on it which is where the O.C. takes place :D ....that was kinda funny...anyway...the freakiest thing was the statue to me however I am very interested in why Henry Gale did what he did because apparently he is the leader of the Others.....I also am curious to see what Jack has up his sleeve because I don't think "the plan" he was talking about was Sayid....thats why we got the little nod to Kate and then her with the deliberate single blink back....I think he has something else up his sleeve...something Sawyer isn't aware of...anyway it really sucks we are going to have to wait another 5-6 months before we see what happens....

yai felt bad for sawyer during that jack/kate communication...

and... i sure hope we wont all ahve to start watching OC to get other LOST connections haha...can you imagine.. its gonna be some whole conspiracy..

I think the others caused Misha Bartons character to die and I think Gallaghers eye brows are fake like the beards!

Who remembers which episode we saw those men that were playing chess.. was it the one when Henry had to push the button.. i know ti was recent but I totally ignored it cause it was abrely attached to the episode and I thought maybe it was someone mocking the show... I think it was the other episode with the hanso commercial, but I could be wrong.

all i can think is it was that episode since the hatch went on like a lockdown so maybe it triggered something on their computer and thats why we briefly saw them during commercial break. There was no explanation and i just forgot about it and thought it was something i didnt get and had nothing to do with the show.

Then the end comes here and there they are.

So weird

Its just starting to get insane with the commreicals and websites and phone numbers.. im gonna be really freakin confused soon.

And this better not be one of those shows that comes to an end when they run out of ideas but leaves ya hanging with a whole bunch of unanswered stuff from 4 seasons.

Its just starting to get insane with the commreicals and websites and phone numbers.. im gonna be really freakin confused soon.

And this better not be one of those shows that comes to an end when they run out of ideas but leaves ya hanging with a whole bunch of unanswered stuff from 4 seasons.

The "Lost Experience" game apparently involved calling up the voicemails of the people at the Hanso foundation to get special passwords and such to access the next level of clues on the website.

My friend just said Libby's last name is supposedly Widmore as well so that could explain why she "accidently" bumped into Desmond and then so quickly gave her boat to him. Charles Widmore could have asked her to.

I would guess if she is pens sister they dont know one another or wouldnt Desmond ahve met her at some point or seen photos?

Are we suppose to assume Libby was in the ward before that meeting or after?

I would guess if she is pens sister they dont know one another or wouldnt Desmond ahve met her at some point or seen photos?

Are we suppose to assume Libby was in the ward before that meeting or after?

That's why I made the Obi-Wan remark...maybe she was kept hidden in that institution and he sprang her for this?

Oh ya.. i dont get star wars references :)

haha

she didnt seem nuts.. but she said her husband had just passed so maybe that was all made up then. Cause Im pretty sure she wouldnt ahve a husband right out of an institution.. could have been lies to get him to accept the boat.

Aha! I knew that guy looked familiar, and he did say he had a military background.

Clancy Brown :wub: Did I say i thought he'd just about have to back because it'd be a shame to waste a cool actor on one small episode?

Did anyone think the Russian in the end looked like Jack?

My husband really hates Lost :giggle: I'm glad they have a pulp novel out -- I'll read it for fun i think. ANYTHING that gets people reading is good to me!

My husband thinks Lost is trying to make people feel either stupid or smart. He thinks it's a waste of brain power to play stupid games have inside jokes and stuff. I think it's fun though!

OMG El Diablo! I forgot!! :giggle: