Rags Putting Trottier Out Of His Misery Soon?

SueNJ97

True, but someone of Dunham's calibre wasn't available over the summer. Unless he wanted to overpay for CuJo or Belfour.

Kinda funny you should say that, since LOTS of Ranger$ fans were bellowing how they got ripped on that trade and how Dunham ISN'T VERY GOOD :blink: Of course now many of them are saying that he's great, LMAO.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albany has very few prospects that are supposed to make the NHL.

Uchevatov, Foster, Jokela, Ahonen, Clemmensen, and right now I think that's about it. Birbraer and Rupp are longshots and will only be NHL fringe players if they do make it. The rest are either low round Devil picks, free agents signed by NJ that don't have much of a chance, or minor league veterans. Go ahead and crow about how good the Devils prospects are in Albany, Derek, most of the good prospects are in college or in Europe.

Tri, I think Devs have less reason to be worried than the Ranger$ because they'll be getting more prospects in Albany in the next few years and their NHL club is BETTER than the Ranger$. NY is a mess and their farm system isn't much better.

Plus I seem to remember a college coach telling Madden he'd most likely never make the NHL :P .. NO ONE really knows how some of the prospects will pan out. But, I've noticed more often than not, Dev fans are more NEGATIVE about their prospects rather than overly positive (like some Ranger$ fans LOL). This was going on even back in the days of Brylin and Elias, when fans would tell me they'd never be that good. wtf?

Kinda funny you should say that, since LOTS of Ranger$ fans were bellowing how they got ripped on that trade and how Dunham ISN'T VERY GOOD :blink: Of course now many of them are saying that he's great, LMAO.

True, but myself and Duguay were not among them. We both liked the trade when it happened.

Maybe it was karma or maybe it was everyone's lucky day...I had a post that when I tried to submit was told I wasn't logged on...that limit of inactivity has to be increased...it happens a lot...anyway here is the gist:

Who the hell cares what Rag fans think??? They can't argue with Derek at the Cafe so they dew it here? And yes, they started with the name calling. Who cares about Leetch? Not I. I would venture to say not many Dev fans. Has he slipped on any ice lately??? Who cares what Rag fans think of Stevens or any other Devils player??? I, for one, hope the RanJuhs never see another playoff round in their lifetimes. I hope Holik never sees another playoff round in his career. I hope the Dolans go belly up. I hope Cablevision stock tanks. I don't care if Lindros gets his melon handed to him. I don't care if Tibbets dates a Ranjuh's daughter. I hope Captain Cranium has eternal pain in his shoulder. This constant bickering and weak attempts at one upmanship is getting older than the span of time between RanJuhs hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup :wacko:

Derek...dew yourself a favor and ignore these bozo no no's :wacko:

Friggin Rag hypocrites...the arrogant audacity of them to call people on not knowing the game or players and then post what they post...are they so shallow as to think people can't see thru them as easily as thru a piece of cling fil,m??? They just don't realize we were all born in the dark just that it wasn't yesterday for most of us as it was for them...go ahead...take your feeble attempts at ripping at me...don't hold your breath waiting for me to care...on second thought, please dew :uni:

I know Dew essentially said this already but I'll say it too: Can you three just get a divorce and be done with it already? Kovy doesn't like Doogs and C, Doogs and C don't like Kovy; why do you two bother extending your feud here? The two of you are turning him into a martyr. If you don't like Kovy don't go out of your way to deal with him. He's gone from the Cafe, so why must you fight with him here? He's no angel himself we all realize that but compared to you two he looks like one; for crying out loud you two are obsessed. Starting fights here is not gonna win you guys any respect.

Yeah right, you guys only show up when Kovy begins talking Rangers.

And then you three always get into stupid arguments about the Rangers Cafe. The Rangers Cafe should not be mentioned on this board.

Sather has failed in his task.. what he set out to do is return confidence and a winning spirit to the Rangers.. they have a lot of players with swagger.. Messier, Bure, and Barnaby.. then to add Holik and Kasparaitis.. those are guys who don't let themselves get beaten easily, or at least they didn't before they donned the Ranger sweater..the problem is, for every guy like that, there's a wimp like Lindros, Dvorak, or Malakhov. Sather's hubris should have been just like that of the team.. the idea that the Rangers would be difficult to play and would show everyone what winners they were.. Slats has completely failed there, even after getting several untalented Edmonton squads to the playoffs as GM in the late 90s.

Kovy you know full well why you got kicked off the Cafe'.

Some of you might say you never want the Rangers to make the playoffs again, sorry I just cannot believe that. When both teams were good in the mid-90's it was a very exciting time, I cannot see how or why any of us would not want to go there again. Your telling me you wouldn't love to beat Rangers and Holik, just like the Flyer fans wouldn't love to stick it to Lindros? Like I said, cannot believe that.

Agree bg, I'd love to see the Rangers in the playoffs so the Devils could kick their ass.. I'm rather disappointed that the Rangers have flopped yet again, this is getting old and cliched.

#10 you still love to talk crap even after your team clearly didn't read your predictions this summer.

Well, being a Devils fan and have been laughed at for it for many years by Ranger fans, I love when the Rangers don't make the play-offs. The Devils were in the SCFs and I was told the "Devils suck". Most, but not all Ranger fans suck. Besides, we have play-off rivalary with the Leafs, Phailures , and Canes to enjoy.

I just want to point out this thread has 140 posts, and it's not all because of the war between NYR Cafe members. Ranger hockey, whether the team is good or bad, is a hot-button topic for Devil fans.

For many of us, hating the Rangers is a big part of being a Devil fan -- not the only part, but a big part......a FUN part!

Maybe some of you want to chase off the Ranger fans, but I don't. They're not personally attacking anyone, and frankly, this thread is more interesting than the numerous "let's shuffle the lines like a deck of cards" threads.

:soap:

I think there's room in this forum to talk about the team we hate, don't you? It's HELL, not HEAVEN! All with the stomach of Petr Nedved need not apply.

Maybe some of you want to chase off the Ranger fans, but I don't. They're not personally attacking anyone, and frankly, this thread is more interesting than the numerous "let's shuffle the lines like a deck of cards" threads.

I think there's room in this forum to talk about the team we hate, don't you? It's HELL, not HEAVEN! All with the stomach of Petr Nedved need not apply.

i agree, it IS fun to read about the rangers woes, etc. also, can't stand it when people get irritated about non devils talk in the hell forum, while the heaven forum collects dust. makes ya wonder why that forum even exists, since all the talk is here.

Give me a break. :angry:

We were all talking hockey until one of the regulars here asked why we didn't just take this to the Cafe, so I answered. Someone then asked for a further explanation, so I obliged. I would not have brought it up otherwise.

There aren't any "personal agendas" on our part.