No Esche on Friday night vs. Devils

olesha

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anything can really be taken from Niittymaki starting...but I always found it pretty funny that Flyer fans just assumed that Esche, a career backup who'd never played more than 42 games in any given season and who had one good stretch, was suddenly just going to take his place among the NHL's elite and become the next big thing. Because we all know that well that plan worked out with Brian Boucher. :rolleyes:

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Let's update the goaltending:

Philadelphia Flyers: Hextall, Beezer, Burke, Boucher, Cechmanek, Burke again, Hackett, Esche, and now Nittymaki. 8 goalies in the past 10 years (that's if I didn't miss any, which is very possible cause there were a lot. Last updated RIGHT NOW.

New Jersey Devils: Brodeur. Last updated 1994.

:devil:

I loathe the Flyers. I was real happy to see the Rangers of all teams come back and meet them. I cheered when Jagr scored those 2 goals. Cheered. For the Rangers. But only because they were playing the sh!tty Flyers.

Philadelphia Flyers:

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Marty's the best by far, Nittymakis awesome, and Esche?? well he just sucks...Nuff said!!

Philadelphia Flyers:  Hextall, Beezer, Burke, Boucher, Cechmanek, Burke again, Hackett, Esche, and now Nittymaki.  8 goalies in the past 10 years (that's if I didn't miss any, which is very possible cause there were a lot.  Last updated RIGHT NOW.

New Jersey Devils: Brodeur.  Last updated 1994.

:devil:

I loathe the Flyers.  I was real happy to see the Rangers of all teams come back and meet them.  I cheered when Jagr scored those 2 goals.  Cheered.  For the Rangers.  But only because they were playing the sh!tty Flyers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Garth Snow was part of that Flyer mess too. Could be more...

Oh yeah...I forgot Dominic Roussel.

Tommy Soderstrom was a big prospect for them too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, you're right Snow and Roussel were apart of that too. It's hysterical how many goalies there really are in that mess. I hope there's more I've forgotten about.

Wow, I forgot about Burke and Hackett. All these goalies look so good too at times. It seemed Esche was going to be the one after last year's playoffs but doesn't that always seem to be the case.

The Starting Goalie for team USA isn't even good enough to start for his own NHL team in the second game of the year.

Edited by devilsrule33

This is killer news but Im really not looking forward to hearing the "You beat us because we had to play our backup goalie" excuse....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't be so sure you'd even hear that. Niity is by NO means a backup, this guy is going to be huge in the NHL -- he could very well steal the starting role from Esche.

This is killer news but Im really not looking forward to hearing the "You beat us because we had to play our backup goalie" excuse....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't be so sure you'd even hear that. Niity is by NO means a backup, this guy is going to be huge in the NHL -- he could very well steal the starting role from Esche.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're probably right but even if he does he'll probably just play the first month of next season. :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're probably right but even if he does he'll probably just play the first month of next season. :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:boogie:

There are lots of folks down here in Flyers territory who have no belief in Esche and want Nitty in goal.

that said ... the reason being given is that Hitch wants Nitty to get a few starts in the first two weeks ....

can anyone say platoon .... :rofl:

I think that Nitty is the better of the two.  Last time Nitty played in the NHL I think he had a damn good game and beat the devils.  may have even been a shutout IIRC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually the last time nitty faced the devils it was preseaon (yeah,yeah, it doesn't count) and he lost 5-3

ya...niity definently won against the devs last year and clearly outplayed brodeur, he's by no means a sieve and neither is esche.

brodeur is better than the two...woooooo i don't see why you guys need to re indulge the fact that you have the best goaltender in the league.

and the only reason people have no faith in esche no around philly is because, frankly, they are stupid flyers fans. Entering the season, you couldn't stop hearing about how esche was amazing in the playoffs and was great, and i support this and i think he is great and a bonafide no.1 But just like every other year one bad game by a goalie its on the chopping block they go.

end of the season, niiity may very well outplay esche, but i doubt it will be because esche falters a la boucher. It will be because niity just played better. For anybody who's seen niity play heavily the past 2 or so years the idea of niity outplaying at least half the goaltenders in the NHL isn't something too hard to believe, i'm sure satan's child would agree with me.

for the first time in the past decade, the flyers top 2 netminders don't have huge question marks, they are truely solid.

one final note, if you guys want to see a goalie rotation galore, go look at boston, have fun with that.

brodeur is better than the two...woooooo i don't see why you guys need to re indulge the fact that you have the best goaltender in the league.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We do it on a DEVILS board. Not our fault you chose to be a Bruins fan, or chose to post here were you might actually see fans of the Devils praising their players! :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NJDEVS.COM ...this is a NEW JERSEY DEVILS message board above anything else. You cannot fault us for liking and praising our own players.