Don

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Clown's most hated two words were just said by the announcers:

"No goal!" :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You gotta see this save Derek. Not human.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow MadDog. You weren't kidding :blink::blink::o. It's one of the best saves I've seen. I'd put it with Hasek, Brodeur, Richter, Roy or any of them. It was that kind of category.

Tell ya what I loved:

1.The idiot Flyer fans who booed when they waived it off.

2.The overhead view is something to watch. I downloaded it off hf before and it took a while. But wow! You can clearly see Caron moving his glove instinctively before Savage shot it. And the puck is right on the line when he brings it back. Just unreal.

3.Crosby's reaction is just priceless. :lol:

Another thing. If you watch the play leading up to the Richards chance, a Flyer got away with a clear penalty on Crosby, knocking him down with a stick. The Pens should have been on the power play.

Anyway, I am not sure this will work for ya'll. But here's the link that I used to download the save. I saved it to my comp :).

http://www.wewantthecup.com/caron.wmv

Edited by Derek21

I saw the save on SportsCenter waking up from a nap, that WAS very good. And no that puck was never over, even if the glove might have been slightly behind the line but I was only looking at the puck and that never crossed. Amusing how Nittymaki did his best Hextall impression, maybe that quells the goalie contreversy (unless Esche allows 6 tonight :lol:) for now. Of course Pittsburgh 'again' lost in OT, they don't have a win yet but they might as well be 2-3 instead of 0-1-4 considering they have four points :P

Damn, Toronto STUCK IT to Atlanta. SEVEN power play goals :blink:

I'd be one of the few people in America that wasn't surprised by the Wild except for the fact that they're doing this WITHOUT Gaborik. But I did think they would adjust better than people thought, they had a lot of speed on their team if nothing else and Lemaire's not an idiot, he can adjust.

Edited by Hasan4978

the most amazing thing about that save is how far he was to the right and than to stretch like that back to the left and than catch it in your glove and not let it go over the goal line is just beautiful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what makes the save so remarkable. He was completely out of position and just instinctively turned his left glove. Very nice.

Just pulled another horrendous goal out of my memory banks. Anyone else recall the one Bourque scored on the Whalers from his own end when there WAS a goalie in the nets for Hartford? At least someone they CALLED a goalie. I think it was Peiterangelo. I was watching the game with my Dad and we always used to say, "Get the puck out, you can't score from your own end." After that, we kind of looked at each other and said, "I guess you can score from your own end against the Whalers - even with a goalie in the net".

That goal was just awful.

BTW, who was in net for the Thrashers in that fiasco last night? I know Lehtinen and Dunham are both out - who is playing and let in 9?

Some poor 22-year old kid named Garnett let in all nine, a third-round pick in '01.

And nice to see that even in an EIGHT goal win, the Leafs are *still* whining...they can change hockey all they want, some things will NEVER change :rofl:

Yahoo! Recap of Leafs Whining

One excerpt:

Toronto general manager John Ferguson was listening to Hartley's postgame news conference and was annoyed when Hartley said that the Maple Leafs "are always whining, and this is no different.''

Ferguson then interrupted to say "That's bull, Bob.''

:evil:

Let's see. They said the specific complaint was that Boulton hit Lindros. Not that he hit him illegally. Just that he hit Lindros. I know Quinn said he 'took a run at him' but in Quinn-speak that probably means it was a perfectly clean check.

Lindros has had concussion problems and if he can't take a hit he shouldn't be out there. But, in fact, he gave a pretty hard hit to an opposing player in a game earlier this week, suffered no known consequences from it and Quinn said nothing when Eric DELIVERED the hit. Only when someone dared BREATH on Lindros. Typical. Once again, if Lindros is going to be out there, he's going to be hit. Quinn should shut the hell up.

I'm glad Hartley said straight out that they whine.

There still was no reason for the absolute cheapshot one of their defensemen delivered on Tucker against the boards. I think they got suspended.

That would be Andy Sutton btw.

And yes, the hit on Lindros was clean and hardly worthy of the Leafs complaining. I'd say they got the ultimate revenge on the scoreboard. 7 for 16 on the PP says that.

Edited by Derek21