i need help

Ally

sooooo hi! i miss everyone <3 especially elly.

anyway, i'm a poor college student and my school provides all residential students with a free napster account where you get unlimited downloads. sound great, right? the thing is, they make you payyy for the songs if you want to burn them! and i can't put them on my ipod because they are WMA files instead of mp3s. this is really upsetting because, they otherwise don't serve much of a purpose to me.

i figured a lot of people on here are a lot smarter than i at all of this technical stuff. is there anyway to convert the protected wmas to mp3s?

:D

:boogie:

Ah, Napster. Those were the days. I had a whole bunch of stuff downloaded on my old comp. It's still there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That Napster and this Napster are like night and day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This isn't necessarily a good thing, huh?

Ah, Napster. Those were the days. I had a whole bunch of stuff downloaded on my old comp. It's still there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That Napster and this Napster are like night and day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This isn't necessarily a good thing, huh?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not a good thing is right. Napster is now commercialized and you have to pay to download. Back then it was a free file sharing service...kinda like todays limewire or emule.

That moron Lars Ulrich screwed it up for everyone. I mean who wants to download crappy Metallica music anyways?

Not a good thing is right.  Napster is now commercialized and you have to pay to download.  Back then it was a free file sharing service...kinda like todays limewire or emule.

That moron Lars Ulrich screwed it up for everyone.  I mean who wants to download crappy Metallica music anyways?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL...I just wanted to read someone else say it about Lars. And to think there was a time when they were good. Shame. But then again, look what happened to Van Halen.

I know this is going to sound sad because I read Don's I-pod threads all the time and it sounds like everyone has them. But I don't. How good is it?

Can you do a workout in the park with them cause I do about 3-4 miles relgiously when the weather's good.

And how is cost?

Sad, right :P?

To be honest, I don't have an ipod or ipod like device. I'll probably get one soon as I might be doing some travelling next year.

Can you do a workout in the park with them? I don't see why not. You strap it to yourself and you can surely get hours of music out of them.

Cost depends on size (capacity). Anywhere between $100-400.

Also, ipods are not your only choice, there are similar devices made by probably a dozen manufacturers.

That moron Lars Ulrich screwed it up for everyone.  I mean who wants to download crappy Metallica music anyways?

Yeah it's not like bootleg copies of "no life till leather" made the band formerly known as Metallica what they were or anything :P.... ever see the flash files where the guy rips on Lars and James Hetfiled.... NAPSTER BADDDDDDDDD ?? Funny stuff :lol:

I have the Dell Version of the I-Pod, which uses mp3's it's fantastic... no conversions and my new sentra has the input cable for it so no messing with an FM Station hijacker !!

As for Ally... best advice... use Limewire!!! B )

Ally:

It's not easy. But possible. Here is a tutorial:

http://www.zittware.com/Products/CDMaster3...WMA_to_MP3.html

Or you can use Winamp to convert them to WAV files, which are more readily converted to MP3s:

http://blog.kordix.com/marv/archives/000400.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks, ill try that. :dance:

Yeah it's not like bootleg copies of "no life till leather" made the band formerly known as Metallica what they were or anything :P.... ever see the flash files where the guy rips on Lars and James Hetfiled.... NAPSTER BADDDDDDDDD ?? Funny stuff :lol:

I have the Dell Version of the I-Pod, which uses mp3's it's fantastic... no conversions and my new sentra has the input cable for it so no messing with an FM Station hijacker !!

As for Ally... best advice... use Limewire!!! B )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yah that flash is great. MP fvcking THREEEE!

I get calls about those Dell DJs everyday...might pick one up soon...some neat stuff in the pipeline concerning those.

sammy I have like 4 or 5 of those flash bits at home if you want to see them again... funny funny sh!t!!!

As for the Dell DJ, they're pretty damn good! I only wish the interface software let you do more then it does but I can live with it being basic!

sammy I have like 4 or 5 of those flash bits at home if you want to see them again... funny funny sh!t!!!

As for the Dell DJ, they're pretty damn good! I only wish the interface software let you do more then it does but I can live with it being basic!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yah, actually I would like to see those again.

As for the interface software, yah, Dell DJ Explorer doesn't have much and Musicmatch is crap.

Have you heard of Dudebox? It's 3rd party software that is supposed to be much better than any of the standard stuff. I haven't used it but the folks at delldjsite.com seem to love it. Perhaps you can "acquire" that somehow. :evil:

Yah, actually I would like to see those again.

As for the interface software, yah, Dell DJ Explorer doesn't have much and Musicmatch is crap.

Have you heard of Dudebox?  It's 3rd party software that is supposed to be much better than any of the standard stuff.  I haven't used it but the folks at delldjsite.com seem to love it.  Perhaps you can "acquire" that somehow. :evil:

remind me later... I can't bring EVERYTHING to work on the flash drive... esp when i wanted to "find" some songs on the internet here :)

(speaking of... you don't know a place I can get an Englsih copy of MS One Note do ya??)

Dude Box...I love the name if nothing else!! :lol:

delldjsite.com

Looks like they have a DM too! :boogie:

So you Dell guys DO read third-party sites... :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course we do. Certainly not a primary resource but a helpful one at times. Also good for customers when they want to dick around with third party accessories/software that we don't support.