Sign in to follow this  
insanity_gallops

Cablevision to add OLN to digital line-up

I think Cablevision ONLY is to blame for the OLN mess. They strong-arm other cable systems & other channels to get what they want, in fact they invented this practice. Then when they're on the receiving end, it is someone else's fault. If the agreement was reached with Comcast last week, then that means that Comcast allowed the broadcast to their systems. Cablevision & Comcast should've tested this way before game time last night. It's actually laughable.

And I agree with the nfl remark. It's not like they leave an early game to go right to the kick-off. They go to 2 minutes of commercials, before kick-off. Also, did the nfl even resolve the problem of last year, when if they showed a game such as that Chargers/Eagles game on channel 2, it wasn't available on nfl ticket. Then if they left early, it should've been made available to nfl ticket subscribers. I don't know if they fixed that, but that was another situation where they screwed over customers paying $100s for their package as well.

For their dumb rules, I blame the nfl & whomever runs sunday ticket.

How about when the NFL pulled out of Chargers-Eagles on 4th down, the biggest play in the game to date, to show the Giants-Broncos introduction?

Or how MLB schedules a 10 PM game in the ALDS/NLDS?

OLN's demand for blackout rights and exclusivity is huge.  Don't you see that Comcast and the NHL very nicely teamed up on Cablevision to ensure they couldn't screw us?  Yes, they're leaving the channel at 408, a complete joke and an assurance that those not looking hard enough won't find it.  But it's part of the basic digital package, as it MUST be, for the NHL to have any chance to succeed on Cablevision in the Northeast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tri, I cannot wait for the day when there is back-to-back NHL games scheduled on a single channel. Let me know when that happens.

Yes, all the East Coast fans bitch about the late MLB start times, but the league must be doing it for a (financial) reason. Money talks, and that dictates when the games are played.

I'm sure I will love OLN - starting next week when the game can be both seen & heard. I'm ecstatic that the Comcast/Cablevision thing has been resolved.

It was simply my disappointment coming thru in my other post.

Listen - the NHL made a mistake by giving the broadcast rights for national coverage to a company that also owns one of the league's teams.

The way OLN is botching their national coverage is proof that Bettman is not a strong leader capable of bringing the league to greater heights.  he's just an empty suit working at the pleasure of the owners.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like when they sold the rights to Disney?

OLN has hardly "botched" the national coverage. The studio show could use some work but the actual game coverage is fine. As for not having the games on Cablevision before now that is not a national issue. It impacts just a small number of people. If you have Cablevision and want OLN on non-digital, call and complain. I am sure OLN would much rather be on a non-digital tier.

now i just need "Urban Cableworks" to add OLN haha =(

Comcast owns Urban Cableworks, which is what I have, but we don't get OLN or FX and a couple other channels. We have like 6 BET channels and Lifetime, Oxygen, WE, and the Hallmark Channel!!