2005-06 JHL Trade Talk

NJayDevil

bruins, were you gonna counter or turn down my offer? Or are you mulling it over? Yahoo! might have still been having some issues when I put the trade up a couple days ago. I had to take it off for the time being cause I want to move a LW now, this depth/platoon is getting silly.

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To whoever's offering me a LW (I know who but I don't like making light of anyone's trade proposals publicly), I don't mean to be sarcastic but look at my roster, a LW is the absolute LAST thing I need right now :lol:

And CuJo's not tradeable, I'd rather stick with the best goaltending tandem in the league. I do have Fleury and/or basically any of my LW's available for anyone that's interested :P Right now I guess I could use help at defense the most. Maybe center if I could get a top-flight guy but otherwise I'll stick with what I have there.

Edited by Hasan4978

good to see I'm not the only 1 having some problems  w/ the maximum games played thing...

just cannot seem to get my centers back down.. 

trying to just leave 1 c spot vacant for 2 weeks and see if that helps...

too bad I cannot pay 1 of my centers at goalie.. have alot of games left there!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

red, you need to leave both spots empty for a few days to see it start to decline.

how many over are you?

red, you need to leave both spots empty for a few days to see it start to decline.

how many over are you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

C is +11, LW +5

everything else is OK....

Problem is I want to play my guys when they are hot and sit them when they are not!!

I'm going w/ 1 c & 1 LW for the next 2 weeks hopefully that will help...

Edited by redruM

Red we have a deal. It was tough to get rid of Demitra but I think with Thorton in San Jose that should take a lot of pressure off Marleau and I need all the FW I can get.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats great DR, when Havlat went down I needed a RW really really bad...so its works for everyone!!!

A few people have offered me trades involving Heatley over the last week. I've turned them down. I know my team isn't doing that well and I know I need goaltending but I'm not trading Heatley for:

1. Goalies on the IR who have a career record of spenging large chunks of the season on the IR and who generally aren't long-term starting goalies anyway.

2. Goalies who started out like a house on fire but who haven't won a game in over a month because they are life-time AHL goalies who the league has now figured out.

It isn't happening. I WILL trade Heatley for a goalie but it has to be for one who has a career track record of stopping the puck with SOME regularity in the NHL and, in general, staying healthy. If you don't want to make that kind of an offer, I completely understand, given the scarcity of goaltending in this league. But PLEASE don't make the kind of offers I have received and expect me to accept them.

Geez, I hope mine's closer :lol: Not asking for Heatley though, I know I'd have to give up Hedjuk to have a prayer of getting him with the goalie I'm offering up and with my luck Hedjuk'll probably go back to his 50-goal pace if I ever traded him :P

(I don't really want the second player I asked you for, if subbing someone else would make a difference)

Edited by Hasan4978

Geez, I hope mine's closer :lol:  Not asking for Heatley though, I know I'd have to give up Hedjuk to have a prayer of getting him with the goalie I'm offering up and with my luck Hedjuk'll probably go back to his 50-goal pace if I ever traded him :P

(I don't really want the second player I asked you for, if subbing someone else would make a difference)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not like I ever play him (the second guy), so you are welcome to him. Someone might as well get some use out of him. The problem is, if I take your trade I'd have to drop a player and I like most of the guys I've got right now except for the second one you asked for and, of course, my goalies. But I need to hang on to all of my goalies because my goaltenders have played so little (in the NHL) I need to get them in SOMETIME, if they are ever healthy (Cloutier) or get to play (Budaj). Let me think about it and counter. Some version of this might actually make sense for both of us. The goalie you offered might not win that often because of the team he's on but he CAN stop the puck. So at least the save % and number of saves might help me out. And the first guy you asked for is doing pretty well, he'll do you some good.

Heh figures the first game I would get Stoll for has to be against the Devils :lol: But I'll take it, I was actually looking at him as a possibility for a couple weeks given your depth at center (having Handzus and Yashin playing well) but didn't have enough to get him at the time. Now that Drury's playing somewhat better than he did early on and I picked up Fleury and he had a few good games - though all in losses - figured it was worth a shot. Hopefully it works out for both of us.

Got another offer for sammy - don't worry I won't pull this one before you get to look at it :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Yeah, I looked at Drury's play over the last month and he's been OK. And Fleury's numbers are fine, except the w-l, of course, his team just can't score enough for him to win (who woulda thunk?). So as long as you were willing to take the albatross that is Parise off my hands, I didn't drop him because I couldn't find anything on D, G or RW worth replacing him with, it seemed like a decent deal to me.

Best of luck with Stoll. May he score for you, just not against NJ or any of my goalies. :evil: Not that any of them except Fleury are likely to play again soon. :P