~*IN MEMORIUM: ED BOGAERT*~

Weekes Head

Former Devils Fan Club President Ed Bogaert has died at the age of 67. While he was no longer in charge of the DFC, his presence played a big role. He was loved by many, respected by all.

Ed bled Devils black and red. His love for his New Jersey team was admirable -- he'd do anything for the team. You could almost say Ed was a 7th man on the ice for the three-time Stanley Cup winners.

I got to know him through the fan club, he was truly a great man. When I was a new member to the DFC, he made it his mission to make me feel welcomed by everyone in the group -- he wouldn't have it any other way.

Ed leaves behind a legacy that no one will ever be able to repeat, he will forever be remembered and loved not only for his contributions to the game of hockey and the New Jersey Devils, but his bellowing laughter, cheesy jokes, and bright smile.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Bogaert. We know you are among Angels now -- hope you don't get too much grief for rooting for a Devilish team. :P

:( He was so young.... I met him once -- such a happy guy - high energy - that night anyhow :(

More than RIP - I don't know what to say though... I never do because I do nt know what's next... but peace sounds dull for a Hockey fan :)

I remember meeting him for the first time in 2001. Ally introduced us and he was so bubbling over with openness for everyone he met, esp. us Devils fans. He got me laughing about being a huge Devils fan in Florida.

I just saw him and I could tell he wasn't well, but he was still exuding the same enthusiasm.

He left such a great memory for us to cling to and still follow as fans.

God Bless, Ed.

And that wound up not being the prettiest win in the world, but that one's for you!

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau

I met Ed years ago when I was constantly practicing skating for a beginner hockey league. Ed just joined the league and was looking for any tips a vet ( I joined 2 years before) like me could offer.

Ed was determined to learn and play the game he loved.

Rest in peace Ed. You will be missed at the fan club functions and the games. :(

Edited by Rock

RIP Ed :(

I actually knew him pretty well for a while, back when my moms ran the website. He was always so friendly and enthusiastic. We're all gonna miss him!