TIRED DEVS FALL FLAT

Rock

hopefully not to you because you should be sitting in the rafters for a while after last night's display

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hard to believe we're basically hoping to get malakov back in the lineup now, eh?

Sean Brown should not sit out anymore - the only thing I can think of is that larry is acting on orders from above to showcase mcgillis and malakov in order to get them trade-able - but with mcgillis' play when he's in there, let's face it, we're stuck with that mistake, no team in the league is taking him off our hands.

I get the feeling the dev's are going to have to just outright waive m&m when elias is ready to return (and bring up hale, resign albeline to a 450k deal to replace the m&m's) - vanderbeek's just gonna have to pay those contracts while the two of them go skiing or something this winter. No team in their right mind would take either of them at this point.

Gomez (I am a big Gomer fan too) has played like he is drinking 4 beers before the start of the game. That benching was deliberate. Larry is unhappy with him.

Gomez has one year left on his contract? Then he's a UFA. He might be gone too.

"These things are going to happen," McGillis said. The only thing that would make Lou more mad than McGillis' play would be a remark like that. That kind of thing is going to get him waived.

Was it me?  Or was the Flyers time of possession about 58 minutes?  It looked like the little brother trying to punch the big brother while being held away by the head.

Don't exaggerate. We did have a few power plays, which we controlled the pssession for about 1/3 of those.... so I'd say the Flyers had 55 minutes of possession.

That's more realistic. :ph34r:

Dont blame hands of Steel McGillis :doh1:

I still have nightmares from when I heard the Devils signed him.....

As for Gomer...great guy, good player...wont be back when his contract is up...

I see him going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay northwest to be closer to home.

As for Gomer...great guy, good player...wont be back when his contract is up...

I see him going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay northwest to be closer to home.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could he be the one the Devils trade to make room for Elias? If Lou doesn't think he's coming back, it might be better to try and get SOMETHING for him.

"These things are going to happen," McGillis said.  The only thing that would make Lou more mad than McGillis' play would be a remark like that. That kind of thing is going to get him waived.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We could put together a collection of idiotic quotes from the first half of the season.

Things that make you say ARRRRRRRGH!

Gomez (I am a big Gomer fan too) has played like he is drinking 4 beers before the start of the game. That benching was deliberate. Larry is unhappy with him.

Gomez has one year left on his contract? Then he's a UFA. He might be gone too.

"These things are going to happen," McGillis said.  The only thing that would make Lou more mad than McGillis' play would be a remark like that. That kind of thing is going to get him waived.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's all this talk about Gomer being a UFA? Maybe RFA. The new CBA doesn't lower the UFA age to 27 for a few years, and last time I checked Gomer was what, 25? Maybe in three years he becomes UFA?

it's not the age that will get gomez unrestricted. it's the years of service. he is RFA next year (at the end of this year going into next) and UFA after that. if they do not agree to a contract, they can go to arbitration and lou can agree to one or two years, or walk away. i think they'll try to lock up gomer as he's one of the few true offensive weapons that they have. it'll be interesting to see what $$ he's thinking though. I would give him 4 years, $10MM.

I don't know about that Tri. I think Thornton and Federov are examples of teams having with big problems with large salaries within a small cap framework. Particularly, with arena's still being half full during the week.

Even players in the $3 million area will eventually be used as trade bait. Scotty should sign in the $2 million-2.5 million area.

well, he definately like NYC, so as much as some think he'll fly back out to the north west, I'm of the opinion he tries to stay right around here. If he does decide to try to leave the area, LA/Anahiem would be my next most likely gomer destinations.

I really hope he stays here though - he is amazing to watch, just wish he had some players to pass to - Kozlov and Geo are a nice fit, but I think we can do better still.

I really hope he stays here though - he is amazing to watch, just wish he had some players to pass to - Kozlov and Geo are a nice fit, but I think we can do better still.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this the Patrick Ewing/Joe Thornton "if only they had given him something to work with!" argument? Becuase in my NHL, centermen make their wingers better, not vice versa. And honestly, the onyl time Gomer played like an all-star was when his wingers were carrying him.

<JESTER>

so you're saying gionta would have more goals if he wasn't saddled with gomez? Gomez has been draggin those guys down? Elias blows away the 50 goal plateu a couple years ago if he'd been paired with some other center, not that scrub Gomez? Gimme a break. All I was getting at is that gomer would have even better numbers this year if he had a legit scorer (like when he played with elias, or the first go-round with almo - right now he's playing with guys who'd be 3rd liners in ottawa.

Is this the Patrick Ewing/Joe Thornton "if only they had given him something to work with!" argument? Becuase in my NHL, centermen make their wingers better, not vice versa. And honestly, the onyl time Gomer played like an all-star was when his wingers were carrying him.

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow I thought I was harsh on Gomer early in the year :lol:

Actually, the only time Gomer plays like an All-Star is when coaches get on his ass. He didn't like Burns' tough love at first but he had his best year in '04 and now is even a more complete player after a slow start when Larry shoved a boot up his rear end. I'm not even sure the wingers are carrying him, Gomez has scored several goals himself and is actually winning faceoffs and sticking to defensive responsibilities lately.