Brodeur Trade Discussed?

JerseyDevil86

I was always under the impression that the only reason Cloutier was stilla round in Van City was because Brian Burke had some weird confidence in him.. Have no clue why..Kesler would be a great addition as well as Baumgartner, love those two..MOOSE ALUMNI!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have no goaltending..PERIOD!! Cloutier is terrible and Auld..well...i have a massive hate for Auld, I wouldn't be suprised if the Canucks wanted to get rid of Linden...he's useless...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you serious...

cloutier has been great when healthy. He had that rough game in minnesota and LA, but other than those 2 he's been really good for the nucks, his problem though has been his health. I still remeber that dominant game cloutier had against the avs, his first game back, one of the best goaltending efforts all year.

cloutier has proved everything but the playoffs, this is his year.

Auld is very good for a rookie. Everybody's made a big deal about emery, but auld's been solid. He has the worst 5 hole i've ever seen, but his positioning, rebound control, and poise are outstanding. He's faded a lot recently, and my friend's homerism towards auld, makes me distaste auld a bit, but auld is a solid goaltender. He's not a starter yet, but he's getting there...I don't know if he'll ever be more than a simply "average" no.1, but he's solid.

And linden's useless? his work on the penalty kill for the canucks has been invaulable, any team would love what he does on the penalty kill. I know i would love him on the bruins, if we can get the nucks to take mr. i can skate, but do little else mchchrean. and linden is mr. canuck.

to say the canucks have no goaltending is stupid. They have consistent goaltending. Something a lot of teams this year would die for. I know the bruins and flyers would both love that. just to name 2.

Edited by bruins4777

bruins, I would like to point out to you that Cloutier is one of my goalies on my fantasy team this season and (1) he's awful this year and (2) this is the second time he's been hurt this season. He's been out for about 2 weeks this time and there doesn't seem to be any sign of him coming back.

bruins, I would like to point out to you that Cloutier is one of my goalies on my fantasy team this season and (1) he's awful this year and (2) this is the second time he's been hurt this season.  He's been out for about 2 weeks this time and there doesn't seem to be any sign of him coming back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the first time he was injured bumgaurtner checked brunett into cloutier who got his head rammed into the post, 2nd time i forget how he got injured...i think he pulled his hamstring or something.

His stats suck ya, but his play has been much better than the "fantasy" will tell you. His stats have been mostly killed by a few awful games.

i'm pretty sure he's somethign like 8-3-1 anyways.

Edited by bruins4777

O well I guess i'm stupid then, that's my opinion, I dislike their whole goaltending situation, Auld was crap in my eyes all last year for the Herd and Cloutier, whatever.

the first time he was injured bumgaurtner checked brunett into cloutier who got his head rammed into the post, 2nd time i forget how he got injured...i think he pulled his hamstring or something.

His stats suck ya, but his play has been much better than the "fantasy" will tell you. His stats have been mostly killed by a few awful games.

i'm pretty sure he's somethign like 8-3-1 anyways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, yeah, He's won more than he's lost. With an absolutely abysmal save % and GAA. It's AWFUL. I've actually done better with him not playing.

Oh, yeah, He's won more than he's lost.  With an absolutely abysmal save % and GAA.  It's AWFUL.  I've actually done better with him not playing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

at least you haven't had belfour or kolzig who get crappy stats and don't win.

and in the "new nhl" those around 90 sv percentages and his gaa is reflective of the team.

at least you haven't had belfour or kolzig who get crappy stats and don't win.

and in the "new nhl" those around 90 sv percentages and his gaa is reflective of the team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ummm...his save % is well BELOW 90. Around doesn't really describe it. Not the last I looked.

This is Dan come playoff time:

cloutier8ia.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMAO.... There's the Clouts I know!!!

Cloutier has the trade value of Malakhov: he's overpaid, is signed for two years, and sucks. Yeah he has a few very good games during the regular season, but they are few and far between. He is probably the worst playoff goalie in the league. Linden will most likely get his number retired in Vancouver, he's goin nowhere. Bertuzzi is tied with Gomez in goals, no thanks.

BTW - over on Calgary Puck they have a word filter on "Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)" that changes it to something like "some random loser on the internet with a blog".

So, "According to Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate), the Panthers are looking to trade Luongo, with Atlanta and San Jose the suggested partners" turns into "According to some random loser on the internet with a blog, the Panthers are looking to trade Luongo, with Atlanta and San Jose the suggested partners". :)

Guys, keep dreaming...although Luongo for Brodeur seems like a good deal, Marty's presence in net, and off the ice, is what will ultimately keep him here until the end of his career...

Marty's the Devils only franchise guy right....

no brodeur = no cup in '95 = no more hockey in new jersey...

talk of trading brodeur is absolutely retarded

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this has NOTHING to do with the past. there are few people here who think we win 1 cup, let alone 3 with someone other than brodeur.

but this is a different time and a different game. marty is at his best when he's on AND he has a system in front of him keeping good shots to a minimum. since the Wings series in 94-95, he has NEVER stolen a series or really won a game on his own. that was always our knock on him. i don't want to trade him either. but i'm not the type that holds onto a player for sentimentality's sake. if there is a deal you can't refuse, don't refuse it just because of his past.

Man. What a waste of a thread. The Devils can't afford to trade Brodeur. He's their franchise goalie and they don't have one that will be ready for a few years. Maybe Frazee becomes the next one. And goalies take time to develop.

And the PR hit would be too much.

So, let me get this right. The Bruins offered both Thornton and Raycroft for Luongo and a prospect (???).

Idiots.

This team cant get quality free agents to come here anymore because of the way Lou has treated some of our older stars, now were gonna trade away far and beyond our best player and one of the major reasons we were sucessful in past years? Who will sign here in the future if we dont even treat our great players right? Whats that tell other players? oh you can be a start, have one bad season and the team will forfeit all loyalty to you? come on people