It's time

sundstrom

SUNDSTROM- I really think you haven't been all that observant lately. How would you figure trading away Scott Gomez would work? I mean, he's the only guy on the team that can carry the puck across the blue line, and is actually putting up points...

He's one of the top 10 play-making centers in the league, and is not making a big salary...

Agreed, trade away a defenseman, but Gomez you must keep!

SUNDSTROM-  I really think you haven't been all that observant lately.  How would you figure trading away Scott Gomez would work?  I mean, he's the only guy on the team that can carry the puck across the blue line, and is actually putting up points...

He's one of the top 10 play-making centers in the league, and is not making a big salary...

Agreed, trade away a defenseman, but Gomez you must keep!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i assure you that i've been quite observant. i've seen all but two games live or on TV. I see gomez's ability, but I see it twice a game. Sure he can skate up the ice across the blue line. And then he either skates right into 3 guys on the other team or comes down the wing and makes a one in ten chance pass that, even if it went through, would not set up a particularly good scoring chance. his decision making has been terrible this year. he is as much a reason for the PP being brutal as anyone else.

looking at his point total isn't indicative of his all around play. he's a -7 on what is the devils top scoring line. what does that tell you? he's giving away more goals than he's creating. he is tied for 72nd in the league with 15 assists and he's got one guy that's scored 18 goals and another that has the talent when open to score with the best of them.

while it's true that he's quite affordable for what he is, i'm not sure that he's right for this team anymore. he hasn't gained the maturity that you'd like for a guy who's been around this team as long as he has. he was quoted as saying that he looks around the room and realizes he's been there longer than most guys there. yet he still doesn't get it.

again, i'm not saying trade him for nothing. but i believe that if lou feels that he wants to take a shot at improving this club THIS year, he's gotta make a trade and the only real tradable chip the devils have (outside of brodeur) is gomez.

Agree 100%. Gomez is doing very little for this team. Not nearly what is expected of him. I for one am sick and tired of seeing him catch beautiful passes that should be one-timed and stickhandle, wait, smoke a cigarette, have some coffee, call a friend on the cell phone, wait some more, let the goalie get really REALLY set, then launch a very average wrist shot any NHL goalie could stop. When the game is on his stick, the other team wins.

On top of that, he just doesn't seem to care. He's always smiling and laughing on the bench - even when the team is losing to a mediocre opponent! I don't need guys like that on my team.

I also can't wait for Langenturnover to get traded. The guy is so utterly predictable it's pathetic. Every time he gets the puck he either 1). Turns it over, 2). Skates down the right side and takes a useless slapshot the is either 2 feet wide or right in the goalie's chest, or 3). Makes a hurried and panicked pass that is utterly uncatchable.

Unfortunately, he gets HUGE amounts of ice-time. They put him on with whatever line is hot hoping he'll score, and then that line innevitably goes colder than a glacier. They put him on the pp constantly, and we're like 2-for-62. Larry had him out at center for a 5-on-3 pp face-off in a losing game with only a few minutes left in regulation!!! I've got to wonder if he has incriminating photos of Larry and his gay lover or something!?!?

Anyway, trade Gomez and Langenturnover NOW!!!

Now that we are losing you guys want to trade gomez and langenbruner? When we were winning they were a main reason for it. Langenbruner is in a slump, but we all remember what he can do when he is hot (2003 playoffs). You have to ride his streaks, trading him now while his stock is low makes no sense.