GAME THREAD: Devils @ Islanders

MadDog2020

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parise?  The guy cannot stick handle in the zone for smack...he scored a lucky break-out goal...one that Jiri Bicek could have scored two years ago...I want to see more puck control from Parise...make guys chase you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Parise's goal was sweet, just because the team played bad tonight, don't downplay his goal. He had a good game.

Don't the Devil Whores Girls have that table where you can make signs before the game? Go and do that!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

any suggestions ??? :evil:

I am apt to liking "excuses can't score goals" !

Any reason why Suglobov was returned to Albany after Saturday night's game?  What's the chances of Vrana or Bergfors making a surprise appearance on the team?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

None what so ever.

I think Bergfors has a good chance at seeing some time this season.

Couple of quotes from Marty:

"We're just worried about what we do on the ice," Brodeur said. "Whoever runs the ship will surely be a good fit for us." (in reference to finding a coach for the team)

"Losing a game like tonight is a killer," Brodeur said. "These are four-point games. We have six games left against these guys. Who knows, those points might determine a playoff spot."

:argh: Terrible..just FVCKING terrible :argh: That game was awful..so many damn penalties...I could just....oooooooo!!!!! :argh:

On the other hand, Vancouver/Edmonton is a great game to watch...other than Mcguires commentary, it's all good...AND Kevin Bieksa (#3 Moose) is playing for the big club for the second time..however there was a one on one break and the guy totally burned him..Auldy with a good save!!

O well hopefully one of my teams will win tonight!!

Bet ya a dollar Gomez is... the rest you're right about though

it's one of many things to be pissed off at him for too.... he just doesn't seem to give a damn how bad he IS playing....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TSN interviewed him between periods and asked about the horrible power play and he had a smirk/smile on his face the whole time, I wanted to reach into the TV and slap him. I think he may have been spoiled rotten on this team. Going to the finals three times and winning it twice, when most players are luckey to reach the finals once in their career. Not to mention having Mogilny/Elias/Gionta to play with.

TSN interviewed him between periods and asked about the horrible power play and he had a smirk/smile on his face the whole time, I wanted to reach into the TV and slap him. I think he may have been spoiled rotten on this team. Going to the finals three times and winning it twice, when most players are luckey to reach the finals once in their career. Not to mention having Mogilny/Elias/Gionta to play with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gomez displays NO intensity. NONE. No fire. No passion. I understand he's kind of a happy go-lucky guy- that's his personality. But you can tell he just doesn't take it seriously. He just doesn't. And it's high fvcking time he did. I've always been in the camp against trading Gomer, but ya know what? Being that he's a UFA after this season- we might as well part ways with him should we be able to get a good return. He'll probably leave after this year anyway. If he's gonna loaf night after night and not give a sh!t, then forget it. Another area in which we miss Bursny- he didn' tolerate this sh!t from Gomez and although they weren't the best of friends, Burns got the most out of him. I don't think one individual player has suffered more in Burnsy's absence than Gomez.

I'm glad I didn't expect any carryover from the Ranger win. That way I wasn't disappointed by the dreck that NJ displayed last night.

Welcome to "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood", Mr. Lamoriello. Maybe now you'll understand what made him physically sick. Because that game nearly made ME sick. I was driving back from Jersey City during the first period and so I got to hear about Brown's give-away from our lovely radio announcers. They tried to excuse it by saying he was having a tough time with a bouncing puck. But somehow, Blake was able to handle it well enough to SCORE. Damn, I'm tired of the excuses. These guys just don't care enough, on a consistent basis, to put forth the effort. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen the parade to the penalty box on restraining fouls. I understand the calls on hits...that's fine, that's a judgement call on the part of the official and we've complained about it before - is it really a penalty or not? But you take restraining fouls because you are lazy or incompetent. Period.

And about the trapezoid question and why it isn't a penalty, it's where the puck is, not where YOU are. As long as the puck is in the trapezoid (or in front of the goal line) the goalie can be places you think he shouldn't be playing it.

They just threw away a good effort by Marty. That REALLY pisses me off. Because he did pretty much what he could to keep them in it and they just threw it away with their stupidity.

I have lost all confidence is John Madden's offensive ability, or lack of it.  He has got to be one of the most inaccurate shooters in the league.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, didnt you know Madden has a case of "Pandawfulness" its a rare disease caused by playing with Jay.

I firmly believe the Devs would have won this game if Brown knew how to handle a rolling puck and White knew how to clear the puck.  Those things don't happen that bad every game.  Good luck against the Rangers with the Almo goal and bad luck last night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree.

Everyone (except three guys tonite as opposed to just Langdon the night before) worked really hard again. They got the traffic in front of the net, but the bounces weren't exactly to them or what not.

It was not for lack of trying, especially on Madden's front. He's been awesome the last two nights in particular, but he and Pando are certainly doing whatever they can.

A person's skill is a person's skill. Everyone misses chances on net. Bloody everyone. Ours are just magnified 'cause we have the team of grinders that we do.