Sign in to follow this  
annabelle

Shane Doan

I was just watching satellite hotstove on CBC. They said something about someonoe saying that Shane Doan was making demeaning comments regarding french-canadians, and then some people wanted him off Team Canada because of these alleged remarks. Turns out there was no proof that he had made negative comments, just that he had for sure used "fvck" and "french" in the same sentence.

Give the guy a break, h maybe he was just saying "holy fvck, these french people have good putine!!" LMAO...whatever...anyway he's apparently been cleared of saying these comments and is still on the team...thought it was funny and wanted to share..

Racism is a big topic in Europe...Doan will have a field day taling smack about all the Frenchies that live near the Turin border...

And here I thought this was going to be a "Trade for Shane Doan" thread... to which I would have given my support.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry to let u down..never happen again..promise.. :P

The full story is that a Bloc MP says that there should be nobody on Team Canada that hates french people. How can you play for a country when you hate 20% of its people?

Apparently there was an altercation with a Quebecois referee and Doan said "something derogatory" to him. However, even the referee doesn't know what was said... just that it was enough to earn him 2 minutes in the box for unsporstmanlike.

Without knowing what was said, it's hard to take the complaint seriously.

Secondly, this is further Quebec politicing. Given the election is going on, the Bloc is doing everything in it's power to prove that English Canada hates the people of Quebec. "Look, even the Olympic Committee hates Quebec - they put Quebec haters on the Olympic team!!"

Just like wanting their OWN Olympic team, it's electioneering and throwing mud to see what sticks. I ignored it.

I don't think Doan is like that at all. He seems like a great guy and im glad he is the captain of the Coyotes.

no they just dont like americans

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

duh ?

I Love you... :ph34r:

And people... French & Citizen of Quebec isn't the same kind of people...

Anyway.. i reeeaaally love people from Quebec and all this french canadian...