Islanders At Devils Game Thread

NJayDevil

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-elias is defintely back on board. he was making some highlight reel moves tonight. he's the team's leading scorer now, which is where he should be, despite this being a poor year for him.

-gomez was flying. but that's the thing with him, he could be awesome one game and invisible the next.

-elias-gomez-bicek line has chemistry. bicek by himself isn't anything special but the line as a whole is worth keeping together.

-rupp had another strong game. he's a pretty good skater, has decent skills, is very good on faceoffs, and looks to be finishing his checks now even though i was under the impression that he wasn't an overly physical player. the end to end rush would've been sweet if he finished it off, but still a great show of skills. needs a couple more games to be fully evaluated.

-berglund is really hustling. i hope he gets more top line ice time, maybe replacing bicek.

-brodeur, oustanding. should be a vezina finalist.

If Brodeur continues at his current pace, he will definitely be a Vezina finalist.

His competition will be Turco, Thibault, Lalime, and Belfour.

Broduer's save% coming into tonight was .913

The others had save%s in the .920s

But he is the current league leader in wins.

And like the others, his GAA is right around 2.00

Langs is still tied with Elias after he scored the 5th goal

a few things:

- Mike Rupp was a big part of this win, I know he didn't score, but The Isles keyed on him when he was on the ice, and that left breathing room for everybody else.

- The Isles were a hot team, and we creamed them. Don't believe that 27 shots on goal crap, a lot of their shots were from their own blueline when they couldn't clear the zone or needed a change. Nevertheless, Marty did a superb job in goal

- Sergei Brylin's goal was sick. Just sick. Take the sickest goal you've ever seen and multiply it by 10. That's how sick it was. I think he is one of the most talented Devils, and I don't know why he doesn't score more. He makes up for it with his hustle though.

- 13 different Devils registered a point tonight. 13. That means only two Devils got two points (Friesen, Langenbrunner). Everyone else except Stevens, Rafalski, Daneyko, McKenzie, Rupp, and Brodeur registered a point.

If Brodeur continues at his current pace, he will definitely be a Vezina finalist.

His competition will be Turco, Thibault, Lalime, and Belfour.

Broduer's save% coming into tonight was .913

The others had save%s in the .920s

But he is the current league leader in wins.

And like the others, his GAA is right around 2.00

Marty's save % took a hit with that Tampa game. The shutout tonight should repair it a little. As much as I would like him to get the Vezina, there's something I want for him more this season. 35 wins puts him in a class by himself for most consecutive seasons over 35 wins. 40 wins makes him the only goaltender ever to win 40+ games 4 times in a career.

He reaches those goals the Devils are in pretty good shape for the regular season. To quote Al Davis:

"JUST WIN, BABY!"

And on a side note the "hometown" Bruins are getting SHUT OUT BY THE PANTHERS. Yeah that's right shut out by the team which had 18 goals against in the last 2 games.

So when will Robbie get fired again?

Another great win for the Devs. Another great game for the scorers, the usual great game for the D and Marty and all against a team that usually gives us fits and has been playing well lately (the Philly loss notwithstanding). Life is good right now.

Any more trade talk or missing the playoffs talk for the next few days and I'll go certifiably crazy :angry::lol:

Sue:

So when will Robbie get fired again?

I'd put the over under on about two months. Especially since Boston didn't hesitate to let more accomplished coaches go recently :lol:

Unfortunately for Robbie, fired three times each inside of two years would almost certainly spell the end of his NHL head coaching career.

Wow! Is everyone happy now? I think we should be - a shutout for Marty after the Isles came on hard at the beginning of the game; all four lines are looking good; very balanced scoring throughout; I even saw Pat Burns smiling behind the bench! Things must be going well!

Now if Joe could just get #500! I hope he gets it before Hull gets his 700th (2 to go)! Come on Nieuwy!