RANGERS ACQUIRE PETR SYKORA

langs15

The story behind the NYR success to date this season is their defense. They've only allowed 106 goals, putting them tied for 4th in the league in goals allowed. They have only scored 6 more goals than the Devils. Oddly, no one talks about the Rangers being starved for offense. How do these sprots writers keep their jobs, when they ignore reality?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl: well there's a shocker... not.

RATS! :rant: Yet ANOTHER reason to wish Stevens hadn't retired.

Thing of it is is that if things go south for real for the Rangers there's A LOT of baby whining egos on that team now... Of course they aren't really set up to go South with the talent --as long as it stays focused and motivated.

After the initial shock of seeing Sykora in a NYR sweater, it will subside.  And when the Rangers start losing and Sykora finds his way into Renney's dog house all will be forgotten.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah-- see as Jagr can help motivate Petr -- he can also drag him down into a wallowing whiney well of self pity and lazy team-wide implosion. A calculated risk and NOT the set up of a Dynasty... but one winning season could be a very real possibility. I'll enjoying seeing how this develops either way

I'll take the very strong stance of sitting on the fence for this trade. Sykora has been playing pretty poorly, despite his goal totals, for the past few seasons so if that play continues it will hurt the Rangers, especially since they've had good work ethic this season. On the flip side Sykora could be the guy to help spread the scoring around a bit so it isn't so much on Jagr and his line. So in the end it'll probably amount to a wash in actual improvement for the team but an additional salary on the cap, which isn't really hurting the Rangers right now anyway.

Sykora had been a huge disappointment with the Ducks after the 2003 Finals appearance.

I liked him being able to play with Elias and Arnott, but he is incapable of elevating himself to be a leader on a line.

He will likely play a nice little role on a line with a Nylander.

But, Sykora isnt likely to do too much.

In case anyone noticed, I didn't post anything about this. There's a reason for that.

In any event, there's a heated debate going on at outsidethegarden about this topic. Some fans are incensed while others aren't.

It's 17 pages long:

http://outsidethegarden.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13780

Edited by Derek21

I've never seen so many people talk up a 4th round pick as on that board right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it's the same pick they traded with Gillies for Rucchin. And that makes it okay in some people's books because Sykora is a rental.