Hey Devils Fans!

metallidevils

Hi, my name is Brian. A few months ago I started looking for a good devils message board, and somehow missed this one. I wound up on the ESPN boards, which are pretty crappy boards, especially with a few gimmicks who won't stop trying to convince us that marty should be traded. Through the ESPN boards, however, I was directed here, and I am so impressed with the site, and I hope to make myself right at home with my fellow Devils fans. I currently attend Rutgers University as a comp sci/math major, am a HUGE metallica fan, and I love the tv show Lost. Glad to be a part of the boards!

Hi, my name is Brian. A few months ago I started looking for a good devils message board, and somehow missed this one. I wound up on the ESPN boards, which are pretty crappy boards, especially with a few gimmicks who won't stop trying to convince us that marty should be traded. Through the ESPN boards, however, I was directed here, and I am so impressed with the site, and I hope to make myself right at home with my fellow Devils fans. I currently attend Rutgers University as a comp sci/math major, am a HUGE metallica fan, and I love the tv show Lost. Glad to be a part of the boards!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well welcome..but on here there are people who are also trying to trade marty and swearing that Clemmonson has been better than Marty in goal this season.

Every board has them i suppose :)

Well welcome..but on here there are people who are also trying to trade marty and swearing that Clemmonson has been better than Marty in goal this season.

Every board has them i suppose :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LG I donot think ANYONE on this Board thought Clem was beter... just that Broduer is by far our greatest asset ( who is now on the wrong side of 30) and if LL was going to strip this thing down and rebuild he was the best bargaining chip we had....

They seem to have quieted down over the last month or so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So have the people who said the devils suck and wins over teams that arent superior dont count.

frontrunners - only root for the team when they are mighty successful.

LG I donot think ANYONE on this Board thought Clem was beter...  just that Broduer is by far our greatest asset ( who is now on the wrong side of 30) and if LL was going to strip this thing down and rebuild he was the best bargaining chip we had....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not true...we were arguing that Clemmys numbers were not as good as brodeur.. people were actually saying that this season Clemmy was better.. I remember..cause we were looking at the numbers which meant absolutely nothing to the person arguing us.

Not true...we were arguing that Clemmys numbers were not as good as brodeur.. people were actually saying that this season Clemmy was better.. I remember..cause we were looking at the numbers which meant absolutely nothing to the person arguing us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When Brodeur returned from injury, Clemmer's numbers WERE better, because Marty had that god-awful start to the season. Some people took this to mean that Clemmer should be the starting goalie, even once Marty was ready to go. I was not one of them, and the numbers have proven that since that point.

haha I didn't mean to spark a debate, thanks again for the welcomes. I think that when Marty came back from his injury, he wasn't even close to being 100%, and was making saves really weird and awkward as to not tweak his knee, and doing so left more rebounds and bigger openings. He's what, 33 now, and that stretch during the first few months was basically the only time in his entire career that that's every happened, and he's obviously regained his form, so he gets the last laugh

haha I didn't mean to spark a debate, thanks again for the welcomes.  I think that when Marty came back from his injury, he wasn't even close to being 100%, and was making saves really weird and awkward as to not tweak his knee, and doing so left more rebounds and bigger openings. He's what, 33 now, and that stretch during the first few months was basically the only time in his entire career that that's every happened, and he's obviously regained his form, so he gets the last laugh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, his numbers got better very shortly after he returned from the injury. It was the games BEFORE the injury where his numbers sucked.

I think he just wasn't back in shape yet after the lockout.