Mogilny Scores!

Mitico12

Speaking of Mogilny, the Rats played what I call the Six Million Dollar Power Play Unit last night, consisting of Tallackson, Minard, Mogilny, McGillis, and Ference. I have never seen a more indecisive PP unit in my life! Mogs looked like he would rather have a root canal than take a shot, and not only was McUseless not firing from the point, he alson couldn't keep the puck in the zone if his life depended on it! There were a few times in the third period (after Manchester's lone goal, when the Rats were allegedly desperately trying to tie it) where the boos rained down on them about as hard as the snow was falling outside after some particularly putrid displays of PP ineptitude. What pisses me off is that the younger guys are looking to Almo and McG for leadership, and neither one of them seems to want to step up and take charge of the power play! Arrrrgh! :argh:

How would having Mogilny make the devils allow more goals? Even though I agree with Almo being sent down that does not make sense Don.

His -8 was well earned with his inability to back check....

The same things that made Mogilny useless to the Devils will make him just as useless to the Rats.

The problem is unrealistic expectations for Almo, guys like Marshall, Pandolfo, and Madden are allowed to skate around for weeks and do nothing, shoot pucks into goalies chests and make bad passes, but that's tolerated. Almo, at 37, needs to be Steve Larmer. Even if he is scoring goals, they'll point to his +/-. Mogilny is not a defensman. We have players on this team who can't shoot, or pass, or skate, and one is even getting his number retired. Mogilny gets to be the scapegoat.

The problem is the players you mentioned aren't SUPPOSED to score, AlMo is. He's not supposed to pass to Cam Janssen on two-on-ones. Each win without Mogilny just justifies Lou's decision more :P

BTW Mogilny wasn't even scoring either, he had 6 points in his last 15 games (3 goals) and was a -7. If he can't score he's useless really.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/AHL/2006/...396397-sun.html

It didn't take Mogilny, who joked with reporters upon his arrival ("some guys play here on the way up to the major league; I'm on my way down"), to have an impact as he scored the game-winning goal 15 seconds into the third period in a 2-1 win over the Rochester Americans on Friday night.

"A lucky bounce," Mogilny told the Rochester (N.Y.) Democrat and Chronicle.

Americans forward Clarke MacArthur saw it differently.

"He went through our whole team," said MacArthur.

According to reports, Mogilny, who spent 15 1/2 seasons in the NHL, picked up the puck near centre ice, blew by MacArthur and Doug Janik before roofing a backhand past Jean-Marc Pelletier.

I thought Mogs sucked in the last Albany game (against Manchester I think). Mogs just seems apathetic and is just sorta there. Of course, that's one game.

Actually, that summed up a lot of his games with the Devils...12 goals or no 12 goals.

I think his being there is kind of a waste. If he's not going to lead or try to help out the young guys what's the point?

At least with the Rats not likely to make the playoffs he won't disappear in that scenario like he did with the Devils.

What I don't get is this...to me the NHL is like playing a video game on Hard...its...well hard...only great players are good and good players aren't that bad...well Almo is supposed to be a great player...at least a good player so when you go down to Albany it's like you reset the game to medium difficulty and yet he's still a negative plus/minus and has apparently been doing nothing...he should have like a hat trick every other game or something...I mean...coming from those who believe he's still a 2nd liner in the NHL...the fact is he's not a 2nd liner any more...he's old, injured, lazy and doesn't want to shoot...if he were a race horse he would have been taken to the barn by a man with a shotgun... :whistling:

I can't say I'm complaining about the losses of Ference, Mogilny, and Kiser. Brooks is the Rats best d-man, imo, so that sorta sucks. At least we get to see some fresh faces...

WTF is up with Nittel? Seeing him walking around on the concourse is really getting old...

I really don't know. He has 7 points in 14 games, which isn't bad, especially given that he is playing games somewhat sporadicallly, and can't get much going. I doubt he is a healthy scratch. Must be an injury.

Yeah...I was really looking forward to seeing what kind of progress Nittel might make after last year's 25 goals in just 50 games played. You'd think the Rats would make some sort of announcement regarding his health, because no one seems to know exactly what's going on with him. At any rate, sadly it appears to be a lost season for Ahren. His stock has definitely dropped this year.