Mr. Scott Gomez !

gomezgirl23

Us guys? It's your fault Crasher.

I clearly and obviosuly warned her about the sarcastic nature of this board :P

YOU ALL compared Gionta's baby to a crappy I-Pod!!!!

I declare my total innocence on this one !!!

iPods are not crappy. You're just jealous because you don't have one. :P:lol:

I'll take my 30 GB Dell DJ that actually doesn't force me to buy exclusive I-Tunes or go through the pain in the ass conversion of my mp3's... and doesn't have that damn annoying wheel of doom and uses actual SIMPLE BUTTONS to any crap from Apple 8 days a week !! (yes I am that secure I am adding an extra day to the week to show my confidence !! :P)

1.) iTunes is free, last I checked. The store costs money, but the software itself is free.

2.) Believe it or not, you're not locked into using iTunes. I recently downloaded a plugin for Winamp that provides the same iPod interfacing capabilities as iTunes.

3.) You're also not locked into converting your stuff to AAC. To my knowledge, iPod plays MP3s just fine.

4.) To each his own on the wheel, I suppose. I bought myself a third-generation 40GB iPod from eBay for Christmas, and that has the four control buttons above the wheel instead of integrated in it.

Well as long as we all admit YOU GUYS ran this poor girl off :evil:

Well it does bring up a new annoyance from the whole damn thing too.... I went to update quick time, and lo and behold... what does it come bundled in ???? Effing I-Tunes.... it's bad enough you need to have quick time and media player (when I like Winamp better then BOTH of them)... to be able to watch video clips on my computer... don't shove your crappy music player software in there too :P

Just as obnoxious as MS forcing IE down your throat

*posted happily in Netscape 8* !!

I'm actually kind of partial to the Zen Micro. I don't really like Ipods mainly because of the internal battery and you have to buy everything for it.

(A) What do you mean you don't have to buy everything for it?

(B) I prefer the internal battery. I've used my iPod every day for 2 years and haven't had a problem. I just pop it in the dock overnight and she's ready to go in the morning. No batteries to buy. Ever. If the internal battery ever does die, I have the Belkin spare battery which will do me until the internal battery replacement kit arrives (generally going for $40). I'm really impressed... given the negative press about the internal battery, I presumed that it would have died already given the amount of use mine gets. :)

/me sees the "Cult of Mac" vs "PC Drones" wars heating up again. Ah, the good ole days.

Cripes, we've got to get this thread hijacking under control - at least in the welcome threads. I think we might have scared away a potential poster.

I don't know who she was referring to about being mean, but it was either me for making a joke about Gionta's height or 731/langsgirl for the "15th fiance" joke. I don't see how either one is mean.

I am pretty sure you have to buy an adapter for radio (if not let me know but I think you do). you need to buy a holder for it. I don't like the internal battery if that ever went out you have to send it in.

1.) You have to buy an adapter to play any MP3 player over the radio, not just the iPod. I've not yet seen a player that has a built-in FM transmitter. Or did you mean something else?

2.) By "holder", do you mean those fancy little cases people seem to be buying, or do you mean the dock? You don't have to buy the dock, but you do need something that will let you charge it and connect it to your computer. I don't know what accessories iPods ship with these days, but I'm pretty sure they used to include the appropriate cables.

3.) As Don pointed out, you can buy a kit that will let you replace the battery yourself. Considering how much you'd spend on AA or AAA batteries over the life span of your typical iPod internal battery, the latter is probably a better deal.

/me sees the "Cult of Mac" vs "PC Drones" wars heating up again. Ah, the good ole days.

Ummm... not quite. I like my iPod well enough (and my sister loves hers, which is what prompted me to get one for myself in the first place), but I wouldn't use a Mac unless it was the only computer left in the world. :P

1.) You have to buy an adapter to play any MP3 player over the radio, not just the iPod. I've not yet seen a player that has a built-in FM transmitter. Or did you mean something else?

2.) By "holder", do you mean those fancy little cases people seem to be buying, or do you mean the dock? You don't have to buy the dock, but you do need something that will let you charge it and connect it to your computer. I don't know what accessories iPods ship with these days, but I'm pretty sure they used to include the appropriate cables.

3.) As Don pointed out, you can buy a kit that will let you replace the battery yourself. Considering how much you'd spend on AA or AAA batteries over the life span of your typical iPod internal battery, the latter is probably a better deal.

Ummm... not quite. I like my iPod well enough (and my sister loves hers, which is what prompted me to get one for myself in the first place), but I wouldn't use a Mac unless it was the only computer left in the world. :P

1. Yeah a build in FM transmitter. I know the Zen Micro has one.

2. I should have said carrying case that's what I meant.

3. The zen micro (probably a few other .MP3 players not sure though) This is what they use it's rechargeable and easy to remove if you ever need a new one.

http://www.dvhardware.net/reviews/creative...zen_micro_3.jpg

1. Yeah a build in FM transmitter. I know the Zen Micro has one.

I did not know that. </Johnny Carson>

3. The zen micro (probably a few other .MP3 players not sure though) This is what they use it's rechargeable and easy to remove if you ever need a new one.

http://www.dvhardware.net/reviews/creative...zen_micro_3.jpg

Interesting. I guess I just assumed the other players used AAs or AAAs.

I did not know that. </Johnny Carson>

Interesting. I guess I just assumed the other players used AAs or AAAs.

I know some do and I also figured the micro did also but was surprised to see what it used for a battery. That's why if I do get a .MP3 player I will probably end up with the micro or a zen product.