American Idol 2006

Weekes Head

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ughh wanted to watch Ai last night..I told myself i wouldn't watch this season but dammit i have started...

As if that Geeky Kid is still on?! I dislike him, i know he's the underdog, but ughhh!!

I like that bald guy that looks kinda like Vin Deisel...that redneck guy is nasty...ughh!!

I don't really like his voice all that much, And winning AI is not purely about talent..They're selling the entire package, not just a voice, i mean you could try and fix him up a bit..but it's not going to do much..

I know its about the whole package... i thought when you said you like Chris and that Bucky was NASTY..you meant his voice.. i was confused how his voice was nasty. I defintiely dont think he is the best, but I wouldnt call his voice nasty. I think its good for the type of music he sings

I don't see the mainstream audience that Ai appeals to really going out and buying an album by that Bucky guy..maybe downloading one song but after the novelty wears off..no way...

I agree.

Im not really into his music preferences.. I definitly think there were like 5 worse singers in the top 12 men then him.. but I wouldnt expect him to win either.

According to BostonHerald.com:

Ayla scores top 16 spot, Abdul has night to forget

Paula Abdul - make rehab your own.

The “American Idol” judge was incoherent on last night’s live telecast, bumbling lines and giggling like she’d just emerged from a Grateful Dead concert, leaving audiences, contestants and host Ryan Seacrest more confused than a homophobic Clay Aiken fan.

When Seacrest asked Abdul why two contestants received the fewest votes, she mumbled, head in hands, “Simon said because one of them ate pizza and the other ate salad.”

A shocked Seacrest responded, “You guys realize we’re on the air?”

Abdul got it together for a few minutes, but during the second round of cuts, she was back to her odd behavior.

“What did you tell me Simon?” she said, slurring her words. “What did you tell me? Simon gave me advice and said on “The X Factor” he always refers to a fortune cookie and says the moth who finds the melon - (laugher) - finds the corn flake always finds the melon and one of you didn’t pick the right fortune.”

Huh?

Seacrest wasn’t happy, but fellow judges Randy Jackson and Simon Cowell seemed amused at Abdul’s impersonation of a high teenager.

“I’m going to send the judges to be grounded,” Seacrest said at the end of the show, which was the swan song for four Idol hopefuls - dull crooner David Radford and Jose “Sway” Penala were ousted along with blonde bomb Heather Cox and Brenna Gethers, a Brandeis University alum who clearly majored in attitude and practically prostituted herself on live TV, looking at the camera and pleading “Let’s make some money. So Clive, call Nigel,” referring to record producer Clive Davis and “Idol” producer Nigel Lithgoe.

One bright spot from last night’s train wreck was Ayla Brown’s advance to the top 16. The Wrentham teen, who is the daughter of Sen. Scott Brown (R-Wrentham) and WCVB-TV reporter Gail Huff, has been winning over America and Idol judges for weeks, proving that critic Cowell doesn’t know everything.

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/tvNews/vie...rticleid=128852

Edited by RD

Figured I'd bump this back up for the elimination results.

I guess this is Idol 2005 reunion month with Carrie last week and Bo this week :P

As far as the performances, probably Kinnick, Melissa and Will (the latter two whom have received the brunt of the judges' wrath and neither was 'that' bad) will be gone, plus another guy - maybe nerdboy :lol:

Still seems like the guys are outpacing the girls overall, among the girls only Ayla and Mandisa impress me any while the guys are almost all pretty good though most aren't outright spectacular. Simon saying he preferred Kellie to Carrie made me want to :puke: Kellie's 'okay' but she's not a pimple on Carrie's toosh :P

Kellie's whole "I'm just a country bumpkin in awe of the big city" act is getting really thin. I mean I'm sorry, but how hard is it to pronounce salmon?

I agree with who should go, but it was harder with the girls. Kinnick obviously but I liked Melissa this week overall. Will and Nerdboy were the obvious guys.

(Yes, I know this is going on right now but Canada/Mexico is live on Channel 9)

I like Melissa too but I thought she'd go cause the judges are always way too critical with her and her last performance wasn't quite as good for me. Still though I'm shocked it was Ayla that left over her, I guess it really is rigged for a guy to win this year :P

I'd like Kellie more if they didn't jam her down our throats from Day One - and if she wasn't an obvious attempt to carbon copy Carrie. I was on the Paris bandwagon a little in the beginning (despite that total pimp-fest) but she's lost something with me recently, the last couple of performances something was off, she seemed a bit out of tune - particularly with the Gloria Estefan song but of course she can do no wrong with the judges :rolleyes:

Kinnick, Will and Gedeon also left. Kinda surprised it wasn't nerdboy but they've been spotlighting him way too much, he got to the final twelve just on attention given :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978

Well, I wasn't that upset over the boots last night although Ayla should have stayed over the likes of Paristasia and Pickler. :blink: I can't stand either of those overrated, overpimped girls at this rate! Their vocals have NOT impressed me and their personalities are bothering me. I read on some board that Hee Haw Hickler was all over Chris last night at the end of the show?? If true, guess she forgot he's MARRIED? :huh: Maybe Slime-on called her "little minx" for good reason!

Gedeon did deserve to stay over Bucky or Kevin based on this week's performance, but let's face it, the kid was a bit creepy. Between his smile, preacher type speech, and that freaking acid-induced painting, I think it was a bit much for some fans. :lol: I personally would have rather kept Will over Chicken Little though. Kev MUST be getting the 80 year old vote like Simon said since the teenies vote for Ace, I imagine. I'm just relieved the Amish Leprechaun Elliott stayed for now. Yeah, he's really hard on the eyes but he can SING! And of course my man Chris made it, yay!!! :koolaid::dance:

Another highlight - the unpimped one Melissa stays another week, much to Simon's dismay. :lol: She really is actually somewhat decent and she's gotten the total shaft on the show so far with the severe lack of airtime overall. I have a feeling even if she sang the best in the future he'd find a reason to downgrade her and get her kicked off just to save his Pimped Pets "Gary Coleman" (Paris) and Picklehead.

What is up with the Stevie Wonder theme? Like we haven't heard enough of him over the five years of Idol? :noclue: I guess they are praying Chris and Bucky have a trainwreck!! I think Chris actually might be able to pull it off if he picks the right song, but Buckster might be toast here. :lol:

Edited by MaddDog

I am disappointed that Ayla is out. Those legs go on forever....

I didn't really like Gedeon but did not think he should have left over NerdBoy. But I guess I underestimate the Granny Vote.

Chris is really the only contestant that has really impressed me so far which is pretty bad as we are in the top 12.

'Idol' Ex-Girlfriend Says Why They Broke Up

How she kicked his butt

By TMZ.COM STAFF

(Mar. 13, 3:45PM ET) -- Fifteen-year-old Victoria Fairclough has good reason to consider herself more talented than her now famous 16-year-old ex-boyfriend, Kevin Covais.

She kicked his butt in a local talent competition in their hometown of Levittown, Long Island, New York, and then later beat him again in a county competition.

Victoria Fairclough and Covais met in a high school production of 'Godspell,' and became friends and later high school sweethearts.

But they broke up when 'Idol' began because they agreed he'd gain more popularity if his fans knew he was single.

In their Island Trees High School, 'I.T. Idol' competition, Kevin sang 'Bridge Over Troubled Waters' and 'Daughters', while Victoria sang 'The Wizard & I' (from the musical 'Wicked') and 'I Will Always Love You' -- she came in first -- there were no "places" following the winner.

"He was upset that I won," she says. "But he was still happy for me. He was proud of me."

Victoria says that she and Kevin still talk several times each day, even though his schedule's becoming more hectic now that 'Idol' is kicking into high gear.

"He's my best friend still," she says. "We'll remain friends," she continues, although she isn't sure if they'll ever get back together.

When Victoria and Kevin were dating, they'd just sit around and watch baseball and 'The Family Guy.' Sometimes, they'd sing together. And their song? ... 'Come What May' by Paula West, which later appeared on the 'Moulin Rouge' soundtrack.

And look for Victoria on 'Idol, Season 7'! Although she won't be old enough to audition for the show until the Fall of 2007, she says that she definitely plans on trying out.

i cant tell with her.. i thought it was an act..but some of it seems so dumb that I almsot dont think someone could even think of it...

but celarly..if she did sing in other competitions..then she did fib on that one.