Game Thread: Devils @ Rangers 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and the Rangers are not a better team. They had all the bounces. We had none. All of our rebounds went to them or away from us.

They wont be going anywhere this year.

This is how I felt after that loss, :puke: Rangers suck!

True. The real problem though is that we're a one-line team - so if the EGGs get tired or run into a defense that can stop them, we lose. Tonight is exactly what happens when a team with only one line tries to beat another good team. The Rangers held the EGG line to one late goal, and the rest of the team generated very little offense at all - just a few chances between Parise, Brylin and Kozlov.

What we need is to get another creative offensive center to play between Parise and Kozlov. Then we would have another line that opponents would have to watch, which takes pressure off the 1st line. It also would give us more even-strength offense and would inprove the pp - giving us a second line to use there.

Oh I agree...but I don't think we need a creative center...Parise is a natural center...we need Langs to move up to that line with Parise and Kozzy...or at least get someone who can help...like Sugs...We need the checking line of Madden and Pando but even Brylin could be on that line, he's not lazy so he would be just as good on that line as Langs only then we could put Langs on a line to generate scoring....I think we need to trash are thinking with the crappy 4th line...I love Janssen and he needs to be there to wreak havoc when we need him but we need something on that line to stop ourselves from being a 3 line team, 1 scoring line, one checking line and one line that tries to score but hardly does....there's no use of keeping 2 guys around (I say two cuz at least Janssen has a point) on a 4th line that plays 2 minutes a game....Lou needs to realize this now so we don't have to go on a losing streak for him to figure it out...

Problems with last night: Ranger D played a great game. Rozival, Malik don't get alot of attention but they played a really smart defensive game. No rebounds, no screens and the Rangers were really aggressive on the PK and didn't let us set-up. Anyone could have been in nets last night for the Rags and won.

Kudos to Renney again for having them ready.

Observations:

Patty looked tired

Kozlov looked lost when we really needed him to step up.

Langs looked great

Pando was invisible.

I like Parise-Brylin-Marshall they were starting to build some chemistry, RAS must play more.

Why does Ras have to play more? This might not be a popular opinion, but I don't see what he contributes other than a pretty good physical game. Marshall and Janssen are more than adequate 4th line bangers, why do we need Ras? He's taking up Suggy's roster spot.

Why does Ras have to play more? This might not be a popular opinion, but I don't see what he contributes other than a pretty good physical game. Marshall and Janssen are more than adequate 4th line bangers, why do we need Ras? He's taking up Suggy's roster spot.

WOW , I missed the 1st period and that was pretty much the entire game.. a 5 minute major and no goals??

the PP in the 3rd was terrible, no traffic in front of the net, controlled the puck but lund had a great view of all the shot and the devs were always 2 seconds late to get any rebounds...

Honestly other then the EGG line i thought the off was nonexistent for the 2nd half of the game ( did not see the first half)

disappointing...

Ras is just a more responsible player with some offensive capability and a good skater.

He just seems to me like a younger Holik. We just seem to play better when he is in the line-up.

That's a fair assesment, but we know the Devils will need to add scoring in some form sooner or later. Qe have too many muckers who don't do much offensively. Since EGG and the checking line won't be touched, either Marshall, Janssen, or Rasmussen will eventually have to be scratched in favor of someone like Suglobov. Out of those three, I would sit Ras.

I agree with your assesment, but I don't think Sluggo would be as effective without a good center. Outside of Gomez I don't think we have another set-up man on the roster, which would pretty much negate all of Sluggo's strengths.

I was hoping that Koz would fill that void but he seems determined to stay in the corners and not open up the ice.

I dunno if he really needs a good center. He's pretty much been doing it by himself in Albany, and seemed to do so in Carolina (although Langs made a good pass for his goal). I would just throw him in there and see what happens.

Parise-Kozlov-Suglobov would be nice. Parise could even play center (maybe develop some chemistry since they played a bit together last year). I doubt he is any bigger liability than Kozlov on defense.

Edited by Voros19

Ah yes, the old argument.

It used to be Berglund/Pandolfo-Mckenzie.

Now it's Suglobov/Rasmussen.

No chance. Rasmussen gets 4 minutes of ice time a game, and he does okay in those four minutes. Suglobov isn't going to help the club with 4 minutes of ice time on a checking line. The injury to Grant Marshall will probably give Suglobov a chance to play, but he has no permanent spot on the roster, nor do I see Lou giving him that opportunity this season.

I was at the game and the Rangers are not a better team. They had all the bounces. We had none. All of our rebounds went to them or away from us.

Were you in section 303ish? I was in 304 and saw some guys with crazies jerseys.

Ah yes, the old argument.

It used to be Berglund/Pandolfo-Mckenzie.

Now it's Suglobov/Rasmussen.

No chance. Rasmussen gets 4 minutes of ice time a game, and he does okay in those four minutes. Suglobov isn't going to help the club with 4 minutes of ice time on a checking line. The injury to Grant Marshall will probably give Suglobov a chance to play, but he has no permanent spot on the roster, nor do I see Lou giving him that opportunity this season.

Well, considering Suggy has a shot at the 2nd line and will play the PP, I can certainly see him getting more then 4 minutes of ice time a game. He got quite a bit in Carolina and helped the team then.

:rofl::rofl: