THE CAPTAIN'S NIGHT

MantaRay

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I think I'd be surprized if Doc wasn't there. For some reason I always feel like he bleeds red and black like the rest of us... I'd be less surprized if he called in sick for tomorrow's game :evil:

But then again he is very serious about his obligations so... I hope he's there tonight too though :)

Im telling you .. a darkened arena... a solitary figure emerging from the locker room to the ice .. just the sound of his steps echoing... and the first few notes of " Fanfare for the commom man" .... then the CAA finally implodes just like the Civil Engineers have been screaming for the last 20 years ... :lol:

Im telling you .. a darkened arena... a solitary figure emerging from the locker room to the ice .. just the sound of his steps echoing... and the first few notes of " Fanfare for the commom man" .... then the CAA finally implodes just like the Civil Engineers have been screaming for the last 20 years ... :lol:

You forgot the few people breaking the silence with Rangers suck chants. :doh1:

Well, your night is finally here. I hope you all enjoy it. Scott Stevens meant so much to the Devils.

I'm sure it will be done in a nice fashion. I will be watching as will my brother.

Don't let Stevens talk for at least five minutes. ;)

Quick clarification -- that DOG is NOT going tonight... I am... and I'm psyched :evil:

I'm glad cause you're his biggest fan on this site. Will you be the one screaming, "Hey Stevens! OVER HERE!!!!!" :evil::lol:

2 best moments:

1. patty crying

2. marty leading the team in the scott stevens handshake line....marty doesn't need the C for everyone to know that he is now the leader of this team.

I agree, the ceremony was great and had many moments that I won't forget. I was crying along with Patty, he really cares a lot about what Stevens did for the Devils. Elias for the next C!

I MISSED it because I'm at school. UGHHHHHH. Does anyone know where I can find pictures or video footage?

yeah me too seriously if someone wants to send me a dvd or tape or whatever i will love you forever... im so pissed that i couldnt come home from college for the game

I MISSED it because I'm at school. UGHHHHHH. Does anyone know where I can find pictures or video footage?

I DV-Red the game and have to make a tape for someone else if you would like a copy too let me know :)

I finally was able to watch the ceremony last night and part of the game too

Some further observations on the incredible genuine reactions from:

Cam Jannsen - he looked like he was having a blast out there while everyone was chanting and screaming -... wide eyed rookie

Patrick Elias - validated everyone's tears... what's left to say... give that boy the C

Lou - bear hugs Stevens and probably whispered...'Did we do allright.............. thank you Scott, thank you for the ride "

Brindy - Truly a friends' bon voyage.. and happy trails....

Edited by El Diablo

So, did anyone shed tears during the ceremony? I came close but I held mine in.

I almost had some tears coming down, especially when I looked up and the noticed Elias was pouring with 'em. I was there that night and was almost brought to tears when everyone started cheering "Thank you Scotty!!" Of course, I pulled myself together and started cheering the same thing. :) Then you could tell Stevens was even more choked up then anyone in the building when you heard him speak.

Edited by DevilMan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.