wow what a goal

Satans Hockey

The goal first done by the guy on Michigan, followed by Crosby doing it either last year or the year before. Now the third time. Very impressive.

Trying to remember who scored that goal for Michigan was driving me nuts, especially since I knew John Madden was on that team. Turns out it was Mike Legg, an 11th round draft pick by the Devils. Obviously, that never went anywhere. Another interesting tidbit (if only to me...), that goal was scored on my 16th birthday. Michigan would go on to win the title.

Amazing Michigan Goal

PS - This website has the date wrong. This happened March 24, 1996, not 1995.

This move is so overrated. I know plenty of people who can do that move. It's really not that amazing, it doesn't impress me at all. Instead, it pisses me off to see people showboating like that.

By the way, don't expect to see this crap in the NHL because I think carrying the puck on your blade in the air is illegal there.

EDIT: OK I just watched the video. Good to see none of the other players seemed to approve of this garbage. Even his teammates just stood there instead of celebrating while Nilsson goes flying off the screen cheering for himself. Props to #27 on Wilkes-Barre for kinda going after him as he celebrated his success in showing off.

Edited by devilsfan26

This move is so overrated. I know plenty of people who can do that move. It's really not that amazing, it doesn't impress me at all. Instead, it pisses me off to see people showboating like that.

By the way, don't expect to see this crap in the NHL because I think carrying the puck on your blade in the air is illegal there.

EDIT: OK I just watched the video. Good to see none of the other players seemed to approve of this garbage. Even his teammates just stood there instead of celebrating while Nilsson goes flying off the screen cheering for himself. Props to #27 on Wilkes-Barre for kinda going after him as he celebrated his success in showing off.

The players on his team looked as though they weren't sure if it had gone in or not and he may have been skating to his bench to celebrate.

I always thought the goal on offense was to score a goal, looks to me like he scored a goal. I would take 7 "bush league" goals a game if the Devils could get them. Not only did that player get the goal but now the goalie has to stand straighter when the puck is behind the net to guard against it making subsequent goals easier to get. I wonder if people hate other "showboating" plays like passing behind the back or kicking pucks over to guys, etc...

:rofl: Props to 27? haha Denis Bonvie is one of the most dirtiest players in the league. The guy is a career ahl goon.

denis bonvie...ugh i had to deal with that fvck in hershey for two years, there is no player in the AHL i hate more than bonvie.

a$$hole players do this move to show off more than anything else. They are not thinking of whether or not they will score when they do this move, they do it to show off. This is why Crosby did it when his team was already winning by like 5 or whatever. Everyone knew who already won the game and he just pulled that move to show off.

a$$hole players do this move to show off more than anything else. They are not thinking of whether or not they will score when they do this move, they do it to show off. This is why Crosby did it when his team was already winning by like 5 or whatever. Everyone knew who already won the game and he just pulled that move to show off.

Wow, a mind reader, can you do that with everyone or just hockey players you don't know?

Edited by Devils731

okkk but this player for the Sound Tigers did it when they were only leading 2-1 to the best team in the league so it makes him an a$$hole for trying something different? :noclue:

I definitely agree. I play in a Men's league and I've seen that move pulled a couple of times, and each time it's always done as a slap in the face. Never in a close game. I definitely think it berates sportsmanship.

I definitely agree. I play in a Men's league and I've seen that move pulled a couple of times, and each time it's always done as a slap in the face. Never in a close game. I definitely think it berates sportsmanship.

I agree.

As for showboating, why not play the video of the 10 failed attempts. How many times have players tried this move and failed terribly. When it fails, the other team gets the puck and your team does not get a legit shot on goal, all because you wanted to be fancy and pull some stupid trick.

This sh!t reminds me of when I was younger in a roller hockey league. The pucks used to have grooves in them, perfect for putting the toe of your blade into the puck. With this, the puck is essentially apart of the stick now, and all sorts of stupid dekes are possible. I would knock the puck away when my own teammate would do it.