Captain This Season?

RowdyFan42

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Devils name a captain this season?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. When the Devils do name a captain (this season or next), who will it be?

• Patrik Elias
    • Brian Rafalski
    • Sergei Brylin
    • John Madden
    • Brian Gionta
    • Scott Gomez
    • Jay Pandolfo
    • Colin White
    • Jamie Langenbrunner
    • someone else

Oh, I'm not so sure. I think if they handed it off tonight, it would have been semi-tacky. It would have taken something away from Stevens and to someone else and put someone else in the limelight. Tonight was ALL ABOUT SCOTT STEVENS. I can still see them naming Elias captain.

But I'd wait for Patrik to sign long term before naming him. I don't like giving someone the C half way into the season when they are about to become an UFA.

But I'd wait for Patrik to sign long term before naming him. I don't like giving someone the C half way into the season when they are about to become an UFA.

Very good point, I was thinking about this today. I was debating in my head wetherv the Devils should wait or give him the C so he will really want to come back. Judging by his emotion tonight I think he loves being a Devil, so I am not too worried either way.

Oh, I'm not so sure. I think if they handed it off tonight, it would have been semi-tacky. It would have taken something away from Stevens and to someone else and put someone else in the limelight. Tonight was ALL ABOUT SCOTT STEVENS. I can still see them naming Elias captain.

I'm glad someone else sees it that way, for a minute I thought 'every'one else wanted them to have a so-called passing of the torch :P I definitely heard a loud 'aw' behind me when they scanned Elias and he was still wearing the A during the ceremony.

I could understand the logic of waiting to lock him up long-term first before naming him C cause of what happened with Nieds, but if you are going to name him captain before then (in other words if the long-term deal isn't a precursor for doing it), then do it 'tomorrow', right after Stevens night.

I don't think signing him long-term will be an issue anyways.

Edited by Hasan4978

NO captain named this season and when they finally decide on one it will be Patty Elias!! My opinion..obviously.. :doh1:

heh, I meant who would receive the CUP first, not the C :evil:

And how can the goalie be a captain unofficially? I don't even think they are allowed to wear an A!

Ah I didn't read the post. I mean unofficially in that you could be the leader of the team off the ice, but not the captain on the ice.