Snowboarding in the olympics?

swampdevil

Almost nothing makes me grab for the remote faster.

The same moves over and over,youve seen one run youve seen all you need to see.Tony Hawk must be slapping his forehead for not losing the wheels on his board years ago.....the guy would be awash in gold cds(medals).

Its obvious the olympic commitee wants gen x to put down the video game remotes for a couple hours but there just has to be another way........

Wake me up when the snowboarders start down the ski jump ramp. :evil:

I love snowboarding! It is exciting if you understand what is going on. I wish they had snowboard park in along with superpipe. Skateboarding and in-line vert and park should also be in the summer olympics. Plus there are some great personalities in snowboarding i.e. Shaun White, Danny Kass, Mason and Molly Aguirre, Hanah Teter etc.

Plus some of the women are hot and great at the sport (here is my favorite Molly Aguirre) :D :

aguirresig1.jpg

aguirresig2.jpg

aguirre3.jpg

I know I'm not to good at pic editing but I tried to blend some of her pics together. :P

Curling is cool to.

Edited by thefiestygoat

From the standpoint of is it a sport or not sure it's a sport, although it's only a matter of time before judging errors become a part of it too :rolleyes:

I don't have any problem with it being in the Olympics per se. One of the problems I do have with it is it was more or less put in as a medal grab for the US at home in '02, it would at least make for some competition if the US wasn't winning ALL the medals (then again you could say the same about the US/Canada in women's hockey). At least this year a Finn took the bronze, but I did watch the kid that won the gold, the Flying Tomato :lol:, he's cool and I'm glad he won.

Edited by Hasan4978

I'm not a big fan. Why stop at snowboarding and add more X Game type sports? Shouldn't skateboarding be in the summer then?

Whats wrong with extreme sports? They take just as much training, skill, dedication, and hard work as normal sports. They also have organized competitions and rules just like normal sports. Skateboarding and in-line are sports popular around the world so if they were in the Olympics they wouldn't be dominated by any one country or race.

Whats wrong with extreme sports? They take just as much training, skill, dedication, and hard work as normal sports. They also have organized competitions and rules just like normal sports. Skateboarding and in-line are sports popular around the world so if they were in the Olympics they wouldn't be dominated by any one country or race.

I like them. I enjoy watching the X Games but why is only the snowboarding in? We could add about ten more sports then?

I think it's cool to watch. And heck, those moves aren't easy to pull off. Did you see that one dude who tried a crazy move yesterday and landed on his hip at the top? Geez.

I might not know a lot about halfpipe but I could tell some of the degree of difficulty they were trying for, which made it interesting.

I'm not a big fan. Why stop at snowboarding and add more X Game type sports? Shouldn't skateboarding be in the summer then?

Hey Xgames style events would be awesome...i'd personally LOVE to see Brian Deegan and the Metal Mulisha (like ANYONE knows who they are) :rolleyes: throw some crazy backflips on dirtbikes at the Olympics....

Anyhow, what was the topic again..oh yeah..snowboarding...yes absolutely!!

Hey Xgames style events would be awesome...i'd personally LOVE to see Brian Deegan and the Metal Mulisha (like ANYONE knows who they are) :rolleyes: throw some crazy backflips on dirtbikes at the Olympics....

Anyhow, what was the topic again..oh yeah..snowboarding...yes absolutely!!

METAL MULLISHA ROX! Deegan is awesome, so is Twitch. Moto X for Summer and Winter Games now!!

METAL MULLISHA ROX! Deegan is awesome, so is Twitch. Moto X for Summer and Winter Games now!!

HAha!! No freakin way someone actually knows who i'm talking about...Stenbergs awesome!! wow..crazy!!

HAha!! No freakin way someone actually knows who i'm talking about...Stenbergs awesome!! wow..crazy!!

:P I love all sports, especially extreme sports. Skateboard, in-line, bmx, moto x, supercross, snowmobiles, skiing, snowboarding, surfing, etc. Including the one I excel at...Extreme Scooter stunts! :evil:

Scooter for life

soul scooterer

:P I love all sports, especially extreme sports. Skateboard, in-line, bmx, moto x, supercross, snowmobiles, skiing, snowboarding, surfing, etc. Including the one I excel at...Extreme Scooter stunts! :evil:

Scooter for life

soul scooterer

LOL..with sick moves like that I'll be seeing ya at summer X!!!!! AWESOME!! :hail:

Hell yeah. We need more Olympian chicks that LOOK like chicks!!

Forget these MONSTERS outta Russia that look like Wrestlers. I'll take these snowboarders anyday. :clap:

Lindsey Jacobellis lindseyjacobellis6dq.jpg Gretchen Bleiler gretchenbleiler5jc.jpg

I can apreciate the incredible skill/athletism it takes to do those moves but I have a problem with any sport in which the final outcome is subject to judging. Gymnastics / Diving / Figure Skating... (and Freestyle Snowboarding ) all run into trouble because even within the strictness evaluation systems it all comes down to human emotion. Give me Highest -Fastest-Longest- Farthest -Most etc

I can apreciate the incredible skill/athletism it takes to do those moves but I have a problem with any sport in which the final outcome is subject to judging. Gymnastics / Diving / Figure Skating... (and Freestyle Snowboarding ) all run into trouble because even within the strictness evaluation systems it all comes down to human emotion. Give me Highest -Fastest-Longest- Farthest -Most etc

I agree... i hate when judges come into play.. thee always seems to be "agendas"//

thant being said the snowbaording was alot of fun to watch last night...

4th place girl had the best run of the night till her last jump landed on her butt!!

I agree with El Diablo mostly....but its just too hard these days to define what a sport is...there are a lot of things out there that people define as a sport because of the talent or athletisicm that plays part but I'd much rather see a bunch of competition events by means of I'm better because I can be faster, I can throw higher, farther just like El Diablo pointed out....my question is why is this a topic and not... "Curling in the Olympics?" :P how could you Canadians go sooooo right with hockey and sooooo wrong with curling :) and I only say that cuz I know curling is popular in Canada..so no one get their undies in a bunch! :)

I agree with El Diablo mostly....but its just too hard these days to define what a sport is...there are a lot of things out there that people define as a sport because of the talent or athletisicm that plays part but I'd much rather see a bunch of competition events by means of I'm better because I can be faster, I can throw higher, farther just like El Diablo pointed out....my question is why is this a topic and not... "Curling in the Olympics?" :P how could you Canadians go sooooo right with hockey and sooooo wrong with curling :) and I only say that cuz I know curling is popular in Canada..so no one get their undies in a bunch! :)

Curling is terrible, As a child i was forced to watch it, and my mom still swears that last year the best sports moment ever was watching Jennifer Jones make an impossible shot :puke: her second greatest moment was meeting Mike Modano...whose "just so sexy, she'd love to run away with him" :huh:

Curling is a horrid, sick "sport"