The Official comprehensive thread of CHICO-ISM and DOC-TRUISMS

El Diablo

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a funny line by Doc last night -- he said something to the effect of "Some Devils having a discussion with some Senators after the play." Then mentioned that "...they're usually referred to as lobbyists."

Very subtle and dry humor.

And I love when he uses lines like --> "...the puck goes in the Langenbrunnerian corner."

• 7 months later...

He doesn't do it as much these days (as far as I know - more on that later), but I'll always remember Chico having JUST talked to whatever player made the big play during the game he's watching.

Example: Madden scores a shorthanded goal.

Chico: "Ya know, Doc...just yesterday I was talking to John Madden about getting chances while shorthanded, and he said he'd like to pot more of those. Well, that's exactly what Mad Dog did here tonight! Good for Mad Dog!"

He uses this over and over again, changing only the player name and the situation the player's allegedly trying to improve on. And he ALWAYS starts with "Ya know, Doc, just yesterday I was talking to..."

Now that I think about it, he may still do this today. But I'm too busy tuning him out to notice.

He's our Yogi/Scooter/Ralph Kiner all rolled into one.

a few games ago when Doc mentioned a player with a "Savardian Spin" Chico started to prattle on how SERGE Savard used to

spin around in his D zone , blah, blah, blah. Of course Doc was referring to DENIS Savard and his Spin-a-rama highlight reel goals.

Ya gotta love him.

He's our Yogi/Scooter/Ralph Kiner all rolled into one.

a few games ago when Doc mentioned a player with a "Savardian Spin" Chico started to prattle on how SERGE Savard used to

spin around in his D zone , blah, blah, blah. Of course Doc was referring to DENIS Savard and his Spin-a-rama highlight reel goals.

Ya gotta love him.

i don't remember if i mentioned it already in this thread or not (it's been a long thread!) but one of my favorite doc-isms was when he was calling a janssen hit (i think it was cam)

"Cam was looking for a $10 hit but only got a buck fifty"

i don't remember if i mentioned it already in this thread or not (it's been a long thread!) but one of my favorite doc-isms was when he was calling a janssen hit (i think it was cam)

"Cam was looking for a $10 hit but only got a buck fifty"

Doc's got a couple like that. He also has used "He tried to hit him into next week but only got a day and a half" or something like that. It's in someone's sig and possibly earlier in this thread.

Needless so say, I absolutely love Doc. The only thing I dislike about not being at games is not hearing Doc describe what's going on :lol:

Tennis is accually an intense sport that takes being in good shape, your playing for upwards of 4-5 hours in 90 degree heat running backwards-forwards-backwards and using your upper body. I'd like to see some of you try to do that.

It's not as tough as hockey though ;)

Tennis is accually an intense sport that takes being in good shape, your playing for upwards of 4-5 hours in 90 degree heat running backwards-forwards-backwards and using your upper body. I'd like to see some of you try to do that.

It's not as tough as hockey though ;)

Neither is soccer. His point basically was those sports are non-contact sports, which is not true with the beautiful game.

Anyway, Chico rules 'cause he is si friggin' blind on replays.

We'll see what happens in one replay, and it takes him forever to figure it out, then he's so excited when he finally gets it.

One funny thing that I was cracking up at, from Chico was when he said he Martin's name in a very odd accent.. i think it was during monday's game vs pittsburgh.. Doc even commentied of Chico's "accent" towards saying 'Martin' (right after Chico said 'Martin' in some odd way Doc said "hey i think your developing an accent".. anyone pick this up?

Edited by nmigliore