The Official comprehensive thread of CHICO-ISM and DOC-TRUISMS

El Diablo

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I enjoyed when he referred to Nodl as Noodle.

I realize this post was from last year, but just as an FYI, my aunt lives in Raleigh and she told us over our Christmas vacation that in a recent interview, Nodl told the reporters that the correct pronunciation of his name is, indeed, "noodle."

And speaking of my Christmas vacation, we were not at the 'Canes/Devils game on the 26th, but on the 27th my wife and I were on the same plane as Chico coming back to Jersey. Had a chance to chat with him briefly in the waiting area before the flight and again for another few minutes when the plane landed. He was extremely friendly and warm; seemed genuinely happy to meet us. Not that I would necessarily have expected otherwise, but he was just incredibly pleasant.

Edited by Brick Pig

Bumping this almost a year later, since Doc will be calling tonight, and I wanted to share something that I didn't know(being not really into movies), but something that I'm sure some of the people here did know about one of Doc's famous phrases:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meanwhile,_back_at_the_ranch

This one I've known only because of the book by Trinka Hakes Noble. Noble even came to my elementary school to talk to us and I got a signed copy of Meanwhile back at the Ranch. I still have it somewhere packed up and it is a fun book to read to kids and I do not know any kid that has hated it after they read or have it to read to them.

Also I do not think the 1992 date they have on Wikipedia is the correct first publishing date. I want to say it is a couple years earlier than that, but I might be wrong.

Edited by DevsMan84

And speaking of my Christmas vacation, we were not at the 'Canes/Devils game on the 26th, but on the 27th my wife and I were on the same plane as Chico coming back to Jersey. Had a chance to chat with him briefly in the waiting area before the flight and again for another few minutes when the plane landed. He was extremely friendly and warm; seemed genuinely happy to meet us. Not that I would necessarily have expected otherwise, but he was just incredibly pleasant.

Nifty!

I can't say that I'm surprised. Love or hate his color commentary, but the guy is obviously personable.