Staff Changes.

DevilMinder

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the position some people are taking. Nobody was fired from a job here. This is a semi-public forum. DM removed the admin privileges. This is his site. Just as he chose to ask people for help by giving out the admin privileges, he chose to take them away. Maybe he feel he wants to regain control over the site, again, it's his choice. I think Brad deserves a little more credit & repsect than people are giving him here.

People haven't been banned. They are choosing to leave. Will I miss Rock & RD & Has and whomever else decides to never post again? Maybe as posters I will. Will I cry out in a fury that they're gone and vow never to return again? Why would I? It's their decision to make. They took a stance, which to some may be righteous indigantion and to others it may be a little pouty or over the top. It has no bearing on my enjoyment, use, contribution to this site.

Like any site, we have good posters and bad posters. Stupidity & immaturity will never be completely weeded out. This is an open community and I think DM has done a great job keeping it that way. People will come and go.

Now, back to important things like work, school, and the Devils.

everyone has a right to their opinion and some people forgeting that, along with some taking things too personally is what really caused this mess. and this isn't just this situation, but in general. ignore is a powerful tool.

but posts like sheeps making judgements on his way out the door doesn't solve anything either.

if there was a poster here that kept attacking me on a personal level and maybe even got a few other posters against me, i still wouldn't leave (or really care). there are always the strong 15-20 posters that always have something pertinent to say (and I counted Rock, RD, Hasan, and sheeps among them). i'm here for that. the other stuff really isn't that important in this kind of setting. that's what i wish everyone understood.

it's not the fact they were let go...it's the reasons they were let go.

I might be one of the few who still doesn't know most of the story if really any of it...but after its all said and done and after I've thought about it a while I have to say that regardless, M. is right....ok, so they might have thought it was unfair, but we can all safely bet that DM had a hard time doing what he did and felt it best for the site....and that's what it is, just a site...a mere blip on the world wide web, and these people are going to take it to heart so much that they leave the site vowing never to return? There are more important things in life as M. pointed out...The people we meet on this site are people we meet everyday in real life....some you may hate, others you like...some annoy you and others are really cool...but that's just how things are...you roll with it on the boards like you roll with it in life....

People who don't know half the story are telling me I'm wrong... go ahead. Just the fact that people are saying "they are choosing to leave" tells me they have no clue what they're talking about. Choosing to leave and being asked to leave are two COMPLETELY different things.

Leeds, you are a cancer to this board. It's extremely ironic how you are a person of authority in real life yet you show absolutely no respect at all for those in authority here. You actively try to push every limit that any admin on this board has set. If there's a no political signature rule, you use a "disguised" political signature that is so transparent it's half hilarious and half completely and totally sad. Are you straving for attention that badly?

The other cancer is langsgirl. I wasn't going to name names but now I've reached the point where I no longer care what happens. This is another poster who constantly annoys the admins, constantly argues and thwarts their authority in public posts rather than PM's, and is, frankly, just plain bad for this board. That is my opinion. Guess what? I've had it for a while and it's not going to change.

As for the ignore button, I don't need it. I can skip Leeds' and langsgirls' posts by using the scroll wheel on my mouse. Even suggesting I use the ignore button is a joke. It's not their posts, it's the entire threads they take with them. They strive so desperately to be the center of attention that general stupidity ensues. And instead of banning them, which should have happened twenty times each already, we lost RD. Biggest mistake in NJDevs history.

I can't believe more people aren't upset about this. The most respected poster at NJDevs is asked to leave and people are saying she left willingly. What a joke. DM is saying that we need to be more civilized so, instead of banning the two most rabble-rousing, least mature posters, we ask our most respected poster to leave. And people are "correcting" me when they don't even know half of the story.

I want to have a few more posts in this thread because I do want to stir the pot here. I think this issue is ridiculous. What's the worst that could happen - I get banned? I'm on my way out anyways. If NJDevs is going to continue people should at the very least know the truth. The truth is that our most respected poster and best admin you could ask for was asked to leave. And people aren't asking why, they're just telling people of my opinion that we're wrong without knowing half the story. What a joke.

I stand by what I said. If we were to have a poll and it looked like this:

What should we do to help keep NJDevs afloat?

a. Ask RD to leave, keep Leeds/langsgirl/etc as normal

b. Ask Leeds/langsgirl etc to leave, keep RD

...I think it's a no-brainer how that poll would have ended up. But we're too polite. Instead of confronting the posters that do little other than to cause problems, let's get rid of the admin that constantly deals with the problems they create. I've definitely caused problems on this board before. I've been banned from this board, on more than one occasion. But I changed after each time and tried to avoid doing what I did to get myself banned. If Leeds or langsgirl is yelled at, they act like they're being persecuted for something they're completely innocent of yet they knew the rules and knew they were bending the rules in the first place. And then, after getting told not to do what they were doing, they continue to do such in a subtle or "disguised" way (Leeds) or continue to bitch and moan about how the admins are all out to get them or that they're victims of being targeted (langsgirl). How self-centered can you get? You break the rules, you get yelled at. The end. Stop making it all about you already.

I've said enough and probably too much but I maintain I am saying things the majority of this board truly thinks. But we're too damn polite to ever confront the problems, we just let them run rampant. We're too damn polite to ever call out posters by name. We're too damn polite to say this board would be a hundred times better without Leeds and langsgirl, which is the goddamn truth. People that cause more problems than they do meaningful posts aren't meant for NJDevs.

I can't wait for all the anti-sheeps negativity for this post. Guess what folks - a lot of people agree, whether they have the guts to come out and say it or not. A lot of people have left or slowed down in posting before this latest incident, just as I did. People are saying I'm taking it too seriously - I've said nothing about it for months upon months upon months. I've watched this board slowly deteriorate without saying a word. And now that we've reached the final straw, I'm talking.

Please. Talk about this. Don't brush it under the table. I can't believe our most respected poster, the person who put by far the most amount of time into this site, was asked to leave and people are saying forgive, forget, move on, all so non-chalantly as if nothing happened at all: it's disgusting. DM had two ways of solving this issue and he chose the wrong one - we may not realize this in the short-term, but we will in the long-term.

wouldn't a post anonymously(well only anonymous to some) calling a bunch of people idiots and trouble makers also be in that category?

Everybody who posts here is somewhat anonymous - it's the internet so it's simply one of the things that comes with posting on the internet. Yet I posted my AIM name there for all to see and, even after the last post, have not removed it. Can I do something else for you? Perhaps my phone number, or address, do you think?

P.S. If either present admin wishes to ban me, edit/delete my posts, or whatever, feel free.

I didn't mean you're anonymous, I meant you were slamming people without saying names which most people agreed upon wasn't mature and didn't help anything. I see you've cleared that up though, even though I'm sure you don't know the whole stories there but assume you do.

As for the ignore button, I don't need it. I can skip Leeds' and langsgirls' posts by using the scroll wheel on my mouse.

I can't believe more people aren't upset about this.

I can't wait for all the anti-sheeps negativity for this post. Guess what folks - a lot of people agree, whether they have the guts to come out and say it or not. A lot of people have left or slowed down in posting before this latest incident, just as I did. People are saying I'm taking it too seriously - I've said nothing about it for months upon months upon months. I've watched this board slowly deteriorate without saying a word. And now that we've reached the final straw, I'm talking.

Please. Talk about this. Don't brush it under the table. I can't believe our most respected poster, the person who put by far the most amount of time into this site, was asked to leave and people are saying forgive, forget, move on, all so non-chalantly as if nothing happened at all: it's disgusting. DM had two ways of solving this issue and he chose the wrong one - we may not realize this in the short-term, but we will in the long-term.

1)I didn't mean use the ignore button. i meant just ignore them and scroll by the useless posts.

2)I've heard RD's version from her mouth. She never said she was asked to leave. She was relieved of her admin duties (not saying this was right or wrong) and took personal offense to comments that Brad made. I think it is important to get it out there that Brad NEVER said leave and don't come back.

3)I'm upset that we've lost good posters. I don't know anyone that isn't. I would welcome them all back and do what I could to have them return (you included, sheeps).

4)Immature posters exist just as immature people exist. Deal with them however you want. I choose to ignore them and pay them no mind.

5)You talk about the board deteriorating. This is my homepage and I visit it about 100 times a day and while I occasionally see the sniping from posters, nothing has been as bad as the lockout wars between don and '7' (who never got banned, and, to my knowledge, never asked for the other to leave or have them removed) and anything that seemed unnecessary, i passed over without a second thought. i wish everyone else could do the same.

I have to ask you though, sheeps...what's the purpose of stirring the pot here? are you hoping that you get everyone to leave with you guys? if it is, then you're really no better than the posters that you're calling out. if you're hoping that brad will turn around and beg rd's forgiveness, i'm not sure that's going to happen either. he spoke his piece to her, but NEVER asked her to leave and not post. if you're trying to get others to understand and perhaps get a group to ask RD, Hasan, et. al to return, well, then sign me up because I miss their posts. but if it's just to leave chaos on your way out, then i'd say, "i'll miss you, but go, go quietly, and go now."

Too much speculation as regards to me in this situation. Hope this sets things straight.

I've was an admin here for about 5 years. The past year or so my admin duties consisted of removing double posts and editing news article titles I screwed up. I would also let DM know when I could find them the multiple id's some of you have. Basic minor stuff. All the daily or in some cases hourly problems Has, RD, and Rowdy handled. As I told DM in an admin email (I don't know if he got it or not.) They were doing a very good job under very trying circumstances. So when DM told me he was taking my admin functions away, it was no big deal to me. It's his board, he can do whatever he wants! One of the things I did do as an admin, is tried to read every single post on this board (Except go into the messy politics forum.) One of the things I told DM in that email, it was very hard to get though all the dross and dreck of those posts in the regular forums. I'm getting older so I find my patience wears thin when it comes to these inane things. So DM did me a favor my relieving me of my admin duties.

Then I started thinking, have I really contributed anything to the board other than my time to post articles ?(Which anyone can do. In fact I seemed to be a thread killer in threads where I wasn't posting articles.) The answer was no. Now as an admin I felt I had to be above it all, I tried to not get into the muck when I felt some situations warrented it. Without the leash of admin responsiblity I felt I could be my pre-admin sarcastic self. I didn't want to contribute that to this board. There's enough of that here already! So, I decided I didn't feel like posting anymore. I never said never, I didn't say anything! What the future brings who knows?

There are very few rules here at NJDEVS. Respect each other so No personal attacks. No multiple identities. No political statements beyond politics forum. No cussing though the censored versions such as a$$ were allowed. A big one Other team posters could come in here, but total trashing of the Devils or it's fans IS NOT Allowed.

Yet, there are always few posters (it seemed like always the same posters) always had to find a way around those rules. DM likes to have a light hand in regards to these rule expanders. This is where I respectfully disagree with him. I feel that since these few posters seem to have no respect to DM's rules and disregard them whenever it suits their agenda, they don't deserve a light hand. Maybe he's right, but I hated to see him and this board disrespected like that.

Anyway, thanks DM for the opportunity to help build this Devils community, may it continue to prosper.

Oh DM, consider getting rid the signatures, it seems a lot of problems stem from them being enabled.

Edited by Rock

"Can't we all just get along."

R.King, Los Angeles 1990something

Come on everyone - it's an internet message board, get a life already - am I sad to see these people leave (remember, they are still welcome here, just that the board owner has decided to take away their admin privilages) but i'm not going to stop visiting the board to get my hockey news fix and a good little argument about who needs to be dumped or traded every now and then. Relax already, like M said, noone lost a job, noone is going on unemployment, noone was banned, all they did was tighten up on who has certain advanced priveledges.

I've been called every name in the book and fought with people in the political section.

I apologized to Rock privately a year or two ago for goofing on him for being an ex-Ranger fan.....I was wrong, and I told him so. He's seems like a real nice guy.

But outside of the political section, it's all hockey. (Except this thread). I am no way as knowledgeable about hockey as a lot of people here, even though I've been going to games since 1976 or so........I know Devs history.

So sheeps can go cry a little more, but I thought he left? I said bye to he and RD, yippe kay eh.

RD took her parting shots at me and, once again, as usual, let all her little friends excape her wrath as she did for the past 5 years over in politics. At least Hasan was fair when he swung the hammer.

So bye sye sheepy, and when you say you are gonna leave.......LEAVE.

we've got the story, that's why were upset. this our actual frined we're talking about, RD and Hasan are 2 really close frinds of mine, not just names on a message board. RD never took shots at anyone and if you're gonna acuse her of that, just make sure you're not guilty of that yourself.

i wanted to add that in no way am i here to fight, but i will always stick up for my friends

Edited by gordienumber9

That's fine. Don't get me wrong, I like RD. I even went and introduced myself to her at the last game I went to. I have no pressing issues with her, I wish her all the best. I just said bye.

If I did it in a PM would that be better?

C'mon people, arguing on a message board is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Let's get along. And yes I know Crasher is probly the only person who will laugh at that, but it's true. Let's concentrate our anger on the team that's lost 12-3 in 2 games to 2 teams out of the playoff race!

we've got the story, that's why were upset. this our actual frined we're talking about, RD and Hasan are 2 really close frinds of mine, not just names on a message board. RD never took shots at anyone and if you're gonna acuse her of that, just make sure you're not guilty of that yourself.

i wanted to add that in no way am i here to fight, but i will always stick up for my friends

Yeah...but the problem is people who have "gotten the story" are usually those that got it from the admins that are no longer admins or DM....you can say you got the story but you only got one side and everyone knows there are three sides to every story....the point is it's done....no one was asked to leave, no one was banned...people are immature, everyone is at some point....this is a board...you have to roll with the punches...ignore those that bother you or say things you don't like, so what...DevilsDude is right...arguing on a message board is exactly like the Special Olympics :D (so many times i wanted to use that line in this thread but didn't have the guts...nod to you on that one) If the people feel they were dissed and want to never post again, then there is little to do about it...but the whole thing is getting ridiculous with the whole "i'm taking my ball and going home" attitude...