Isaac Hayes Quits 'South Park' Over 'Bigotry'

langsgirl

Yeah I am TOTALLY the same

All the South Parks

all the Matrix movies :clap:

the Sliders TV Show

Forever Knight (not as good as I remember it)

Transformers... yes really :P

Star Wars Original (waiting for the box on the new ones)

I even have all the Wrestlemanias !! :)

lol not bad, not bad...this is what i've got

the simpsons

malcome in the middle

south park

drawn together (2nd one's on order)

mind of mencia

family guy

masters of the universe

forensic files (on order)

chappel's show

desprate housewives

futerama

king of the hill

spong bob

x-files (0o0o0o david duchovny)

tidias (on order)

all complete sets and thats just TV shows...and i'm pretty sure i've got more just drawing a blank

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does the second drawn together get released ??

Man I can't wait to see them unedited soon !!!!!

damn you got alotta TV Shows!!

my DVD collection is more for my movie-geekness

my GF doesn't understand it...

how can you watch the Matrix so many times ??

because it's the effing MATRIX !!!! :clap:

When does the second drawn together get released ??

Man I can't wait to see them unedited soon !!!!!

damn you got alotta TV Shows!!

my DVD collection is more for my movie-geekness

my GF doesn't understand it...

how can you watch the Matrix so many times ??

because it's the effing MATRIX !!!! :clap:

it comes out the end of april i think...

omg please don't kick me in the face...ive never seen matrix and i never will lol everyone hates me for it but i totally support the dvd thing i got it from my bf and brother lol

it comes out the end of april i think...

omg please don't kick me in the face...ive never seen matrix and i never will lol everyone hates me for it but i totally support the dvd thing i got it from my bf and brother lol

oh goodie... soon enough :)

but.. how.. how... can you NOT like the Matrix ? (unless you hate all Sci-Fi, then it's understanbable)

I know most people go.. but it's Keanu and he sucks... he's SUPPOSED to suck.. he's so well portayed in the movie cause he really IS the clueless idiot who stumbles onto a path he has NO clue what it's about ... notice his dialogue kept short for a REASON

and also to his credit he is an EXCELLENT physical actor skills (I mean the stunts and the fighting.. I even liked him in Constantine) and Lawrence Fishbourne is the shiznit yo!!)

Oh, well if it was at least a month ago then he is no longer a phony. I am defeated in that comment.

he's still a phony because they made the show how long ago ?? and it first ran how long ago ?? over a month me thinks... he's just drinking the evil Tom Cruise inter-galactic Kool Aid treats !!! :P

Boy I can NOT wait to see how Matt and Tre run him off the show though :evil:

he's still a phony because they made the show how long ago ?? and it first ran how long ago ?? over a month me thinks... he's just drinking the evil Tom Cruise inter-galactic Kool Aid treats !!! :P

Boy I can NOT wait to see how Matt and Tre run him off the show though :evil:

I see a grand death featuring Tom Cruise and Lemmiwinks :D ....it will be interesting to see how they do it though because regardless of the voice, the character was well loved by the kids of SouthPark....and a lot of fans as well...

haha john travolta no, but i don't want tom cruise jumping on my couch!

(my hatred of scientology is based mostly on their veiws on how woman should give birth, other then that i really couldn't care less lol)

Also same sex relations are frowned apoun...uhhh yeahhh.... :blink:

Also same sex relations are frowned apoun...uhhh yeahhh.... :blink:

that too my dear, thank you for reminding me...i just think it's a very controling religion. but yea its gonna be great to see what they do to chef...i really htought isiac would be cooler...

that too my dear, thank you for reminding me...i just think it's a very controling religion.

So is Islam and Christianity... I think the joke is not why is Scientology such a crappy religion but rather how people react when they can dish it out but cant take it ... :ph34r:

Isn't the point of religion to control its minions? Root of all evil methinks, but that is just my OPINION. :P

:clap::hail:

don't have faith... have a good idea

Dogma.. one of... greatest... movies... EVER!!!!

Isn't the point of religion to control its minions? Root of all evil methinks, but that is just my OPINION. :P

As an atheist, I'm with you on this one.

How many wars have to be fought over the "my invisible man/fairy tale is better than your invisible man/fairy tale" bullsh!t?

I'd love to see world society as whole move past these ancient fables and myths (which do more to divide us as a people than unite us) and start working together to make the one place that we know for an absolute fact exists - EARTH - a better place.

Oh yeah...Issac Hayes. Another hypocritical self-righteous celebrity douchebag. And lots o' children by lots o' different women. Way to bust apart stereotypes there Issac! :hah:

I am interested to see how they write him out. One thing you should never do is piss of the creators of South Park, because you'll be in the next episode garanteed.

And seriously, they did nothing different with Scientology than they did with everything else!

And I :hail: Dogma - by far a movie everyone needs to see, no matter what religion you are.

Edited by njdevils_info

It's gonna get even uglier now since word is that Tom Cruise and his little cult got the scientology episode pulled last week

and JUST IN TIME for the new season... hrrrmmm

oh it's ON yo!!! :evil:

when's it start?

Since I got TiVo I never see commercials anymore and I never know when things are anymore!

Wednesday at 10pm, I am so ready for the fireworks !!

(and it's nicely timed since the seasons of the Shield and Drawn Together are finished)

Very nicely timed....an episode of South Park only takes 6 days to make...it has now been announced that Trey and Matt went to work to premiere the return of Chef just in time for the new season!! :D Should be fun...

Link

'South Park' Chef Back After Scientology Skirmish

By Steve Gorman

reuters

LOS ANGELES (March 21) - Soul singer Isaac Hayes may have quit his job as the voice of Chef on "South Park" after a disagreement over religion, but his character will live on when the satiric cable TV cartoon returns to Comedy Central this week, the network said Monday.

Hayes and his "South Park" alter ego are at the center of an ongoing flap over an episode last November that poked fun at the Church of Scientology and its celebrity adherents, including actor Tom Cruise .

The tenth season of "South Park" will launch Wednesday with a new episode titled "The Return of Chef!", marking the "triumphant homecoming" of lusty school cafeteria cook James "Chef" McElroy to the show, the network said in a statement.

Hayes, 63, himself a follower of Scientology, surprised producers a week ago by announcing he was leaving the series because he objected to its "inappropriate ridicule" of religion, though he made no reference to the show's spoof of Scientology last fall.

Two days later, Comedy Central abruptly pulled a scheduled repeat of that episode, titled "Trapped in the Closet." Sources close to the show said the rerun was canceled after Cruise threatened to boycott promotion of his upcoming film, "Mission: Impossible III," for sister studio Paramount Pictures.

Representatives for Cruise and the studio denied this. But "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone fed the furor by issuing a statement suggesting the Church of Scientology was behind the decision to scrap the rerun.

The network has also noted that various religions including Christianity, Judaism and Islam have been targets of the show's satire since its inception.

The network statement announcing Chef's return for the "South Park" season premiere this Wednesday was a clear sign that Parker and Stone planned to use the Hayes imbroglio as further grist for their comedy.

"Knowing these guys as I do, I can't imagine that they're not going to do just that," Comedy Central spokesman Tony Fox told Reuters. He added that the producers routinely "turn around" new episodes in just six days, leaving them ample time to incorporate last week's dust-up into their season debut.

Fox said he assumed someone besides Hayes would supply Chef's voice. Details of the new episode were vague.

But a network synopsis said the fictional town of South Park, Colorado, is "jolted out of a case of the doldrums when Chef suddenly reappears," leading to new antics by the group of foul-mouthed fourth graders who are the show's stars.

"While Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman are thrilled to have their old friend back, they notice that something about Chef seems different. When Chef's strange behavior starts getting him in trouble, the boys pull out all the stops to save him," the network said.

"South Park," launched in 1997, remains the highest-rated series on Comedy Central, which like Paramount, is owned by Viacom Inc..