Scott Stevens Tribute Video

njdevils_info

Hey guys,

In my everlasting endeavor of perfecting the art of procrastination, I have made a little (1:20) tribute to Scott Stevens. Now I should really be getting to my programming labs!

Tell me what you guys think! :evil:

High Quality (18.9 mb) http://njdevils.info/downloads/download?id=17&size=3

Medium Quality (15.4 mb) http://njdevils.info/downloads/download?id=17&size=2

Low Quality (6.92 mb) http://njdevils.info/downloads/download?id=17&size=1

Enjoy!

:koolaid:

By using every transition effect available, it looked gimmicky. I did the same thing with the dance scenes at my brothers wedding, but they were dancing to a Bee Gees song, so it was *MEANT* to be cheesy.

Also, the picture pans are almost all pan ins or outs, but they were jumpy. I prefer gradual pans. (Maybe they were and I can't tell... WMP for Mac sucks).

I know tribute music are SUPPOSED to be slow and monotonous.... but I want to do a Stevens tribute with Rob Zombie's "Superbeast" or Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust".

Very good selection of photos. And how do you do that text intro? That was great.

I make all of my videos using plain old Windows Movie Maker, and the text is just one of the text styles they offer. I overlayed the 4 EVER on top of it.

The Pan effects are all I have for WMM, so there wasn't too much I could dom and the the first few pictures have "jumpy" pans on purpose... heh, I thought it looked cool. :)

And in case you've never seen WMM, they have many more transitions. I didn't want to repeat them but maybe I should pick two or three and just use those?

(Oh and thanks for the feedback Don! I appreciate it :evil: )

Edited by njdevils_info

I liked it a lot -- I liked the cheese factor too. I mean this is the thing... if you acheive the desired effect with the graphics and music -- :noclue: who cares?

I mean this is one of my issues... if I enjoy something - why look for something to be embarrassed about -- something to look down upon my preferences for? It's like if I like hot pink and it's stereotypical for girls to why would I say I didn't because I dont want people to think I'm a certain way?

Like why am I shy when I want to say things -- it effects my quality of life even :lol: Yet I wont find it in myself to act... unless it's like mindless gut instict - which traumatizes me because of the lack of dic... :unsure: I'm digressing aren't I?

Nice job Kyle!!

I have to buy the DVD!

Edited by Pepperkorn

Like why am I shy when I want to say things -- it effects my quality of life even :lol: Yet I wont find it in myself to act... unless it's like mindless gut instict - which traumatizes me because of the lack of dic... :unsure: I'm digressing aren't I?

Nice job Kyle!!

I have to buy the DVD!

I suppose you're right, the cheese factor is intentional in this case. From the music on its all cheese. I guess in a way that was what I was going for. :D

As for your digression, I'll forgive you this time PK. :evil:

C'mon, buy it already! You don't hafta go to his site! :P

Is my site that bad? :unsure::saddevil:

Edited by njdevils_info

As for your digression, I'll forgive you this time PK. :evil:

Is my site that bad? :unsure::saddevil:

Did I say that? I don't think I said that. Why assume the negative? Perhaps I'm wrong but do you hafta go to your site to purchase your Stevens DVD set? :noclue:

I make all of my videos using plain old Windows Movie Maker, and the text is just one of the text styles they offer. I overlayed the 4 EVER on top of it.

The Pan effects are all I have for WMM, so there wasn't too much I could dom and the the first few pictures have "jumpy" pans on purpose... heh, I thought it looked cool. :)

And in case you've never seen WMM, they have many more transitions. I didn't want to repeat them but maybe I should pick two or three and just use those?

(Oh and thanks for the feedback Don! I appreciate it :evil: )

Question. I have WMM too but am not sure how to take the sound out of clips.

Lets get this done in one shot :lol:

Did I say that? I don't think I said that. Why assume the negative? Perhaps I'm wrong but do you hafta go to your site to purchase your Stevens DVD set? :noclue:

I was just kidding about the site. and the DVDs are not for sale. I just offered them to you guys here (and another board *cough*DS*cough*). If I actually *sold* them on my site, I have a feeling I'd be getting a call from the lawers that represent the New Jersey Devils, FSN NY, NHL, NHL PA, or all of the above.

I guess you could say it was a limit offer? :D

But if people here still want it, just PM me.

Question. I have WMM too but am not sure how to take the sound out of clips.

Right click on the audio portion of the video clip you added and go to mute. If you want to add a sound track under that, drag the audio file to the Audio/Music line *when you are in the timeline view only*

The timeline view is different then the storyboard view.

Great video!

njdevils__info...you took the song from the new Jordan Jumpman ads. I spent 30 minutes the other day looking for the song. What is the song called?

Thank you!

I heard the song on the commercials, yes, and thought that would make a nice background track. I don't think it's an actual song. The Jordan commercial web site (http://www.jumpman23.com) lists it as "Let Your Game Speak" but doing a search for this song leads to nowhere. So I just recorded it off of the web site with a little audio recorder and whala - background music for the tribute video.

Anyone else have a question? :evil:

Edited by njdevils_info

Right click on the audio portion of the video clip you added and go to mute. If you want to add a sound track under that, drag the audio file to the Audio/Music line *when you are in the timeline view only*

The timeline view is different then the storyboard view.

Great! Thanks a bunch. I'll definitely try it! :D

I heard the song on the commercials, yes, and thought that would make a nice background track. I don't think it's an actual song. The Jordan commercial web site (http://www.jumpman23.com) lists it as "Let Your Game Speak" but doing a search for this song leads to nowhere. So I just recorded it off of the web site with a little audio recorder and whala - background music for the tribute video.

Thanks. I did that all before though in my half hour searching for the song.

very cool..awesome job! :clap:

Hey guys,

In my everlasting endeavor of perfecting the art of procrastination, I have made a little (1:20) tribute to Scott Stevens. Now I should really be getting to my programming labs!

Tell me what you guys think! :evil:

High Quality (18.9 mb) http://njdevils.info/downloads/download?id=17&size=3

Medium Quality (15.4 mb) http://njdevils.info/downloads/download?id=17&size=2

Low Quality (6.92 mb) http://njdevils.info/downloads/download?id=17&size=1

Enjoy!

:koolaid:

I suggest that you or some one else do this for Dano, also.

:D:koolaid:

Edited by hattrick

videa? you mean the DVD's I offered to the fine members here at njdevs?

They aren't really for sale, just if you want one PM me and it'll cost you the cost of the DVD's and the shipping:

$1 for the Ceremony DVD with interviews and such

$1 for the game that followed

and shipping is:

$1.35 or less.

As for the Ken Daneyko DVD, I'll take the poll after the game and see what I'm going to do.

And I'm sure I'll make a little tribute for Kenny as well, just a matter of when I get the time. :evil: