Bullsh!t

njdevils_info

By Kyle Bisignani

http://njdevils.info/news/article?type=cln&id=8

The Devils had a 4-1 lead during the third period and blew it. There is no denying that. They had an easy win in their pocket and managed to let up 4 goals and almost lost the game completely. But thanks to a goal by Brian Gionta, the Devils managed to tie the game back up and bring the horrible breakdown of the Devils team in to Overtime.

Now I understand that officiating is a hard job. But when you are less than 50 feet from a guy who gets hit in the face with a stick and collapses on the ice, and you don

Edited by njdevils_info

As much as they climbed to a 4-1 lead as a team , they collapsed as a team in the 3rd. They have no one to blame but themselves. This is embarressing. They pull this with lou behind the bench? I'll bet there was a meeting last night, and they're on the ice this morning. I'll also bet there was a heated post game meeting in the ref's locker room. Lou would never say anything anti ref in public. Not his style. Again, I dont blame this loss on refs, they had a 4-1 lead. Didnt have to go to overtime.

some things just baffle me... clemmensen in net on daneyko night? this team plain sucks right now... get mogilny back up here.. send klee down... sh!t bring bergfors up here im up for anything

if mogilny can't score in albany do you really think he can in the nhl? he is done.

It was the Devils game to lose and they did. Because i am the way I am...and it''s not fun and I know somewhere in the back of my mind I'm wrong... anyhow -- to me the officials and the whole league is ALWAYS against the Devils. The fact they didn't even give Pando the goal in the PLAYOFFS! it's like the Devils will get sh*t upon if the team lets it happen.

They used to not let it happen...they could rise above.

Now they dont intimidate -- so the teams are more brazen and create more chances for the officials to give the other team the advantage. The Devils let the new rules and the crap officiating beat them. They're p**sies now :noclue:

And no one is ever there to clear the rebounds. No one has the presence of mind to KEEP playing EVERY SECOND in a Devils game. Gionta is. But no one on defense is. It's like Marty blocks the shot and the D sees it in front of them and thinks Whew -- didn't go in... then the other team in joyful disbeleif has an ideal crack at the rebound... I mean WTF? Am I really so demanding? is it SO unrealistic to expect our guys to be AWARE???

I may be... really, I may well be. But this isn't all bad luck and poor officiating... The team is playing with fear -- fear of penalties fear of being picked on or something.

and general game recaps out there aren't even mentioning the Gomez situation at the end there. <_< Mostly because the Devils lost this one all on their own even if they had lots of help from officiating etc...

Agreed PK. I was looking in all the papers and articles and surprised to see very little mentioned about some bad calls. SportsCenter metnioned that there was an odd man rush to the net that scored the OT goal, and then said "And what caused this odd-man rush?" They showed a quick clipc of Gomer getting clipped in the face and fall to the ice, and then proceeded to go to the Tampa Bay game report. Nothing about why no call was made who was standing 50 FEET AWAY!

How are you going to intimidate anyone when you cant beat the Pens and the Islanders.

Did the stripes miss the call, yes, will the Andy V. see it, yes, will the officials be spoken too about it, they probably already have.

But the officiating was just bad all around, on both sides.

The fact is your up 4-1 and lose the lead in the third in minutes. The Devils are a wounded team, and NO ONE fears them.

Sitting Brodeur for a game here or a game there will do nothing to help. Was he flopping around last night, yes, did the team in front on him help, NO.

Kovalchuk scored on a rebound, NO ONE picked him up, he came out of no where. How do you leave one of, if not the best sniper in the league ALL ALONE??? Because everyone collapsed down low, no one covered that side of the ice...where was the winger covering the point, or at least sitting at the half boards with the play IN FRONT OF HIM, not with his back watching Marty make saves???? Come on guys!!! F'ing hockey 101.

And would someone PLEASE buy John Madden a net so he can practice at home. This guy couldnt put a golf ball in a soccer net...

Well that's why i said what i said. You can move Madden to whatever line around you want - but that doesn't change the fact he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

And I don't mean to pick on just him. The whole team just sucks right now - and I'm starting to think a lack of confidence isn't the only reason right now. They have just lost all skill.

Also, for those of you keeping score at home, Madden had 2 missed shots - Gionta had three; and Madden had 7 shots on net.

Giveaways were awarded to Brodeur, Klee, and Gomez.

"But the officiating was just bad all around, on both sides."

This has been true in about 40% of the games this season.

And all of the games Angus does. I cannot stand it when

they call games like last night it just destroys the flow of the

game and takes the control out of the players hands. I just

can't believe that no on ice official saw Gomez get clipped or

him crawling on the ice tryin to getto the bench :rant:

Would the Devs of won the game last night we'll never know.

How are you going to intimidate anyone when you cant beat the Pens and the Islanders.

Did the stripes miss the call, yes, will the Andy V. see it, yes, will the officials be spoken too about it, they probably already have.

But the officiating was just bad all around, on both sides.

The fact is your up 4-1 and lose the lead in the third in minutes. The Devils are a wounded team, and NO ONE fears them.

Sitting Brodeur for a game here or a game there will do nothing to help. Was he flopping around last night, yes, did the team in front on him help, NO.

Kovalchuk scored on a rebound, NO ONE picked him up, he came out of no where. How do you leave one of, if not the best sniper in the league ALL ALONE??? Because everyone collapsed down low, no one covered that side of the ice...where was the winger covering the point, or at least sitting at the half boards with the play IN FRONT OF HIM, not with his back watching Marty make saves???? Come on guys!!! F'ing hockey 101.

And would someone PLEASE buy John Madden a net so he can practice at home. This guy couldnt put a golf ball in a soccer net...

Nice post. When it all comes down to it, The Devils are the ones most responsible for the loss but there is no way anybody can say that the Refs didnt help the outcome of that game. When Atlanta scored those two quick goals to make it 4-3, the Devs were on their heels a little bit but I figured they would have enough to hang on. What killed them was Atlants fourth goal. Not to make excuses but that was just a straight up piece of sh*t call on the refs part. I guess he forgot to pull his whistle out of his ass on that one. I was so pissed I didnt even catch wich Ref it was but I think it was Angus. And then he tags Elias with a penalty to boot. What an s.o.b. Once Atlanta scored that 4th goal, the Devs were toast.

As for madden. Did anybody get a sick feeling when he missed on that break away when it was 4-1? How the hell did he not score? The net was wide open and he still missed. Who would have ever thought at the time that would prove to be such a big moment in the game.

Edited by SickMan

"As for madden. Did anybody get a sick feeling when he missed on that break away when it was 4-1? How the hell did he not score? The net was wide open and he still missed. Who would have ever thought at the time that would prove to be such a big moment in the game."

Just lift the puck lift the puck.

How many times do you scream that after someone shoots it right into the goalies pads.

Am I the only one who wants to tell Marty to stop flopping around? It's like he's reading a bit of his own press and tries to over-complicate things and, bad defense or not, gets himself out of position. Watch a game from pre-2003 and watch last nights game and you'll see the difference. I actually think he's hurt worse than he wants to let on and it puts less strain flopping down like that than going onto both knees.

The refs basically put the icing on the cake the Devils baked (how's that for an analogy). But then again, that's what Atlanta does (or at least that's what they do to us).

Oh, and are we a really small team now or did Holik get enlarged to about 150% of the original?

-Dan

Am I the only one who wants to tell Marty to stop flopping around? It's like he's reading a bit of his own press and tries to over-complicate things and, bad defense or not, gets himself out of position. Watch a game from pre-2003 and watch last nights game and you'll see the difference. I actually think he's hurt worse than he wants to let on and it puts less strain flopping down like that than going onto both knees.

The refs basically put the icing on the cake the Devils baked (how's that for an analogy). But then again, that's what Atlanta does (or at least that's what they do to us).

Oh, and are we a really small team now or did Holik get enlarged to about 150% of the original?

-Dan

Let them know how you feel.

NHL Officials

No you're not the only one cause I have been saying that for a while now. I dont know whats up with him but last night Marty was flopping around worse than a fish. Even on Atlantas first goal, Hossa made a little fake and marty pretty much just rolled over and left the net wide open for Hossa. All he had to do was stand up in position on that play and he would have had a better chance of stopping it. I think you might be right about the injury thing though cause it just seems like he isnt playing "his" game right now. Or maybe he has been eating to much pizza again and has gained back some of the weight that he lost. Who knows.

madden suffers from pandolfoitis...

pandolfoitis (noun) - a rare and incurible inability to attain more than 3 inches of puck elevation during critical shots on goal at key moments in hockey games.

Edited by Shred

I like all the guys on this team, but I seriously think we need some drastic changes made for this team to get to where it once was. I mean can anyone seriously tell me that even if the Devils get into the post season playing like this they will do anything besides be a warm up for a higher ranked team?

The biggest problem I see is everyone does the job their "expected" to do. No one rises up.

The first line scores, the second line provides marginal support, the third line checks, the fourth line provides energy when needed.

If you shut down the first line, the whole system breaks down. Everyone else performs "as usual" and no one line steps up. It's almost like they say well the first line didnt score but the third line was even for the game so we did our job.

As for Marty flopping around, the guy is tired, plain and simple. But when your in games that are 2-1, 3-2, and your offense is struggling, do you want your best goalie in net or do you want your backup playing in a game where he gets shelled and totally shatters his confidence.

I hope I'm wrong but I just have a funny feeling that if Boston scores first tonight, it's going to be another LONG night.

madden suffers from pandolfoitis...

pandolfoitis (noun) - a rare and incurible inability to attain more than 3 inches of puck elevation during critical shots on goal at key moments in hockey games.

is that a STD?