Television Standard

ringtwins

I have Center Ice so I get to view every game, although it sometimes uses the oppositions feed. Last night they used the Duck feed and here lies the question. All night the camera was zoomed way out so that the puck is a two pixel speck, already small with a good camera guy its almost impossible to see with a poor one. The question being, is it possible to standardize the viewing angle or zoom % for the whole NHL? The league needs to know that in a market where most people can't even follow the action because it's faster than football;a feed like last night's, most would have turned it to another channel. :blink:

:lol: very funny -- actually I noticed the same thing on metro -- I thought it was just me...I was looking at a speck of dust on my TV thinking man that puck is traveling WEIRDLY! Then I noticed the real puck :rolleyes: Can you beleive I even admitted that? :huh:

I'd think it would be possible - I don't know I'm only happy at a live game really- I'm never happy with any camera work -- i hate it when they zoom in on like 1/6th of the ice and you have no idea how things are getting set up or any of it -- :puke: that's all -- just :puke:

i think it has to do with the glass supports, the seamless glass is gone and if you zoom in too much all the dividers will get in the way.

or maybe it's just how the Anaheim rink is configured, no room for cameras except way up there.