JR Breaks Ankle

M.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2384650

Kings center Roenick breaks ankle against PredsSportsTicker

LOS ANGELES -- Jeremy Roenick's disappointing season has come to an early end.

The Los Angeles Kings announced the veteran center suffered a fractured ankle in Saturday's game against the Nashville Predators.

Roenick sustained the injury with 9:47 remaining in the second period and had to be helped off the ice. The team did not disclose which ankle he injured.

In his first season with the Kings following an offseason trade with the Philadelphia Flyers, Roenick has been a major disappointment, recording a career-low eight goals and just 10 assists in 48 games. He has a minus-7 rating after entering the campaign with a career mark of plus-185.

The 36-year-old Roenick, a nine-time All-Star, has 483 goals and 655 assists in 1,172 career games with Chicago, Phoenix, Philadelphia and Los Angeles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2384650

Kings center Roenick breaks ankle against PredsSportsTicker

LOS ANGELES -- Jeremy Roenick's disappointing season has come to an early end.

The Los Angeles Kings announced the veteran center suffered a fractured ankle in Saturday's game against the Nashville Predators.

Roenick sustained the injury with 9:47 remaining in the second period and had to be helped off the ice. The team did not disclose which ankle he injured.

In his first season with the Kings following an offseason trade with the Philadelphia Flyers, Roenick has been a major disappointment, recording a career-low eight goals and just 10 assists in 48 games. He has a minus-7 rating after entering the campaign with a career mark of plus-185.

The 36-year-old Roenick, a nine-time All-Star, has 483 goals and 655 assists in 1,172 career games with Chicago, Phoenix, Philadelphia and Los Angeles.

I saw that play where he blocked a shot, it looked bad, and personally, I think the NHL needs to change the rules on injured players, just like the Devils got scored on when Gomez got high sticked, the Preds scored with that cherry picker Kariya after JR got blasted in the ankle.

My suggestion to the NHL is once there has been a play where there might be an injury, not so much an infraction, play is whistled dead imediately.

Agreed. There is no excuse for letting play go on when someone is injured. I don't care whether or not a good scoring opportunity was about to occur, you stop everything because you don't know the severity of the injury.

Gomez could have had his eye taken out with the stick, and yet they let play continue - there is no excuse for that.

If they stop play, there should be a counter that if a player is "diving", it should be a 5 minute major with suspension/fines to the player and fines for the team.

I think the current rules are fine though... the injuries aren't that often that it warrants the rules to be adjusted. Currently play is dead once the team with the injured player has control of the puck... or so I believe.

Thank you for the clarification on what the rule currently is - I was wondering why they wouldn't whistle play dead the other night and now that makes sense.

Basically when you boil everything down, if it weren't for the fact that the refs completely missed the play to begin with, it wouldn't be an issue. If they just see the slashes and high sticks, a rule wouldn't need to be changed.

JR breaks his ankle...couldn't happen to a classier guy.....i would care but i'm a fan..and i can "kiss his as$"