Flyers-Rags

DevilsMJ

So the Flyers and Rags are tied at 1 in the second period. I've been bouncing back and forth who I want to win. Since there are no ties, we don't want to see OT. The Flyers are 2 points behind the Rags. In terms of what we want, if the Flyers win we are 7 points behind both for 5th and with 7 games left, 2 against the Flyers and 1 against the Rangers it will be hard to get 5th, though not impossible. If the Rags win we are then 5 behind the Flyers with 2 left against them. I hate to say this, but I think we're rooting for the Rags.

I want the Rangers to win, though as I watched the Flyers struggle I realized that the Flyers are a one-line team with a worse defense and worse goaltending than New Jersey. I wouldn't mind matching up against either squad.

We're not finishing fifth.

I'm holding you to that

Okay. I don't want to finish fifth. If we go 10-2 to close out the season I don't like our chances in the playoffs - this isn't a 10-2 kind of team. We went on a sick run to close out the 02 season and then faltered in the playoffs because we had been getting the breaks and bounces for two months. Of course it didn't help that Scott Gomez got hurt.

ughh Go Filthy i guess..... :noclue:

Okay. I don't want to finish fifth. If we go 10-2 to close out the season I don't like our chances in the playoffs - this isn't a 10-2 kind of team. We went on a sick run to close out the 02 season and then faltered in the playoffs because we had been getting the breaks and bounces for two months. Of course it didn't help that Scott Gomez got hurt.

Does that mean the Rangers will get bounced in the first round because they have been getting the "breaks and bounces" all season long.

forseberg line had their best game in a while. forseberg was HUGE in this game.

esche owned jagr in this one, a very different trend than usual.

the carter-dimitrakos-umberger line was fluctuating...

hatcher has sucked in the past few games...but dejardins...man what is wrong with him. he was their best dman 15 games in, he had an injury came back was decent but the past 10 games he's been dreadful.

rathjie's torn labrum is killing him. he's slower than usual.

meyer is playing huge for them...

injuries are killing this team, even when some of them have come back...they're playing injured.

Its fun to see these teams play hard against each other...damn Rags though..ughh