FOOOOORREE! Says the Rangers

DevilMinder

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed to all but derek himself. will the message ever sink in? or is it impossible for him to acknowledge even a few times out of many that he is wrong? nice to see that you have wildly changed your tone and meaning twice without but a thought. oh well. we're wrong, you're right, is that what you want to hear?

too bad.

Ok this is seriously gotten to the title: Beating a Dead Horse. (just dont have the smilie to back me up on that, but im sure someone does)

We all know that the Rags playoff chances are slim. But let's just cut this out for now, wait till Feb. 25th to start it up for good.

We have more important things to worry bout like wins over the Wings tomorrow and over the Flyers on Thrusday than to state the obvious in this thread.

i think it's ok for devils fans to start calling the rangers playoffs hopes in october... it's part of our job!!! nobody said they were definitely out then, nobody said they are definitely out now. we made a COUNTER and derek whines about how "pre-mature" it is... it's a counter! only if and when it fills up will they be out!

maybe YOU'RE (derek) the one who's acting pre-mature, taking a ten-game counter we made to mean that the rangers are out. that's all you buddy, that's all you...

and now you have to go after hasan. congratulations, this one thread you felt like contributing to has gotten even stupider.

Funny how other people get on you basically with similar complaints and yet I'm the only one that you whine about and say flatly untrue things about. If one of us has got it in for the other it sure isn't me having it in for you :rolleyes:

If you weren't so dense and took what everyone said at face value you'd see nobody's got it in for you. It really is nobody's loss but yours that you think people that have problems with you automatically have it in for you.

Hasan, for the final time, I'm not the one who decided to attack.

For whatever reason only known to you, you did.

You do this a lot. You have done it to other posters that you don't like as well. It seems like any poster you don't approve of, you deliberately go after.

I don't have anything against you. You should know that from the chats we've had.

You don't think I am being realistic with the Rangers' playoff chances?

That was my point in this thread. It seems to be a little premature.

Now wouldn't a "realist" like yourself agree?

You are the same poster who a few days ago said the Rangers were reminding you of the Jets and that you didn't want a piece of them in the playoffs.

So, which is it Has?

Are you like the other fans in this thread who think the Rangers' chances are done or are you afraid that they might still make it?

Who's being wishy washy?

I'll address the hockey part only since I've said my piece on the other stuff. Yes I defended the Rag$ playoff chances a couple days ago. Yes they still do have a chance though they made it much harder for themselves this weekend. This weekend for the Ranger$ was like the Bear loss for the Jets; now we'll see which way the Ranger$ decide to go (and like the Jets they also need a LOT of help now even if they play well the rest of the year, fortunately the Jets got that help).

Like sheeps said I'm not sure anybody actually said the Rag$ would miss the playoffs, well maybe 7 and a couple others, you interpreted our having a little fun at their expense as us doing that.

Has, you are not 100% correct there.

The reason I posted what I did was because I felt some were having their fun a little prematurely.

Sure, it's funny to look at DM's golfdrawing icon :lol: .

But I am just warning some of you that threads like this one could come back to burn ya.

That was my only motive.

I have much more important things to worry about.

What is the younger generation? What is your age, around 26, 27? Old and seasoned. Plenty of people sat through many crappy years of the Devils having losing seasons and they have been built into a winning team.  No one said anything about Devils fans never being wrong, not sure where that came from.   :blink:

Well let me add this...I have followed this organization since 1974 when they were the lowly Kansas City Scouts...I have suffered many a season thru 3 relocations and name changes...lucky for me the last one was in my home state...so younger generation has a whole different meaning for me :D

btw...I was 20+ in 1974 and working full time :o

My wedding day was 5/1/92. Game 7.

Guys kept passing me matches with the score written on it to keep me updated.

Best part was when it was "time for cut the cake stuff" and they couldn't find me 'cuz I was downstairs at the bar watching.

It all got caught on video, preserving it forever & now everyone in the family laffs about it.

The cake stuff, not the marriage...

Fortunately that worked out better than the game...

My wedding day was 5/1/92. Game 7.

Guys kept passing me matches with the score written on it to keep me updated.

Best part was when it was "time for cut the cake stuff" and they couldn't find me 'cuz I was downstairs at the bar watching.

It all got caught on video, preserving it forever & now everyone in the family laffs about it.

The cake stuff, not the marriage...

Fortunately that worked out better than the game...

Wow that is hardcore man!

ok, a devil fan told me to check it out, so I did. Yes, my first reaction was typical Swamprat Fans, more concerned with the devils. KOVIE, derek whatever you call yourself these days, you ask for it. Why bother with these people? Why take this nonsense seriously? So, they post a few pictures, big f---ing deal. Laugh as you should, just like I would if I saw something similar about a team I hate. For example, after the 2001 Finals, my friend emailed me a picture. It was the Bruins team photo with Bourque holding the Cup in his Avs uniform, and another Flyers team pic with Lindros sprawled on the ice in front of the team. It was funny, even flyer and bruins fans I knew laughed. If this makes you upset, you should A) stop following sports, B) definitely NOT come to opposing teams message boards.

As bad as the Rangers have been, the Swamprats have not been able to beat them this year. Oh well, Flyers are at Brendan Byrne Thursday, maybe you get a sell-out.

Kovy / Derek,

Don't get your shorts in a knot about this, just take it with a grain of salt, its a funny thread - creative at the very least. Taking this stuff too seriously is not worth it. To tell you the truth I kind of like the fact that fans of other teams just love to see us lose it just makes winning all the more sweeter.

Not for nothin' but my team hasn't lost 6 of its last 7 playoff games over the past two years. :evilcry:

I know its 2003, haning on to 1994 is a bit of a stretch, however that series with the Devils was the best / most exciting hockey I (and many of you Devil fans as well) have ever seen.

Right now the playoffs do not look promising, however if by some miracle (stranger things HAVE happened) the team we might get in Round one will be Devils - something I (and every last one here) would be very much looking forward to.

OK - not a big deal BUT -- I think it's funny that in the fall when things were going well for the Rag$ fans and things looked to be a long hard grind for the Devils they all came on this board uninvited creating Ranger threads seemingly to gloat - albeit in the guise of decent hockey conversations focusing on how great the Rag$ were and how the Devils had a struggle ahead. (You all were as polite as can be expected when gloating

bg:

To tell you the truth I kind of like the fact that fans of other teams just love to see us lose it just makes winning all the more sweeter.

I like your spunk. Might have to wait a few years for that though ;)

Oh and Matteau, was this a Freudian slip :lol:

Yes, my first reaction was typical Swamprat Fans, more concerned with the devils.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.