FOOOOORREE! Says the Rangers

DevilMinder

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh: I'm not sure if I'm flattered by that or not... in any event, I think it means I'm dull... :mellow:

:lol:

No way, PK.

It just sounded funny in my head that every summer/fall the Rags are on their way to the Cup - at least that's what some of their fans say to me...

every off-season.

My wedding day was 5/1/92. Game 7.

Guys kept passing me matches with the score written on it to keep me updated.

I'd say that's normal, where's the problem? :blink: Guess that makes you a good catch for female Devs fans :wub:

Derek no puking on the site admin.

Plain and simple. This is a Devils board and as a rule we all love the Devils and who ever is playing the Rangers.

I hate the Rangers. I want to be able to declare that freely. I could care less if I offend a fan of my teams arch nemesis. I hated 1994 and I still loathe Matteu. I get sick when I see a wrap-around and I break out in hives when I think of that sinister,evil grin baldy had after hoisting Lord Stanley's mug.

Derek has never bothered me. I am amused by his posts.

I am a Devils fan. I am a fan of one of the finest teams in all of sports.

I've heard every joke from Mickey Mouse day to empty seats during the playoffs. If you can't take the ribbing stop following sports.

Remeber 1940? Long live 1994! :evil:

Not for nothin' but my team hasn't lost 6 of its last 7 playoff games over the past two years. :evilcry:

Gotta love ranger fans talking about the playoffs...a good portion of them have never actually seen the rangers play in the playoffs!!!

...its been so long since the ranger have been int he post season I'll bet you donot even know what they did in their last 7 playoff games!!!

and BTW...2 of those 6 loses game in the SCF no disgrace int hat....

Posted on Jan 28 2003, 10:53 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rangers are having issues, still.

Atlanta is playing good hockey under Hartley. They could very well be on the up-and-up. I'm not expecting them to make the playoffs this year, but next year if they improve and land another solid free agent or two they could very well sneak in.

I think this is another thing that Slats has to answer for. He allowed both Hitchcock and Burns to sign with two of his biggest rivals. He didn't give Nolan the time of day, and when he couldn't convince Robinson to coach his merry band of millionaires he turned to Trotts.

Even after it was evident that Trotts was in over his head Slats allowed Hartley to sign with an Eastern Conference team. Is it any surprise that this team is playing well right now? Slats should have bitten the bullet and first Trotts, admitted his mistake in hiring him to begin with and signed Hartley. All Hartley did was get to the conference finals four straight years and win the cup two years ago.

This is just one more sign that Slats just isn't focusing on what ails his team.

A note to Cablevision: Please sign Slats to a multi-year extension now!! :evil:

Please redrum...save your questions for someone who doesn't know.

bg if you knew...I assume you would have answered, instead you probably went to look it up so you'd get it right!!! & incase you did no see the Devs have lost 6 of 8 not 6 of 7, but I know...hockey ends at game 82 for ranger fans, so I should not expect you to know too much about the playoffs.

It undoubtedly pleases most regulars here that the Rangers are out of the playoss again. However, it is very bad for the league that the most visible team in the NHL is not drawing TV viewers every spring. (I never saw the Devils play until the 94 playoffs were on national TV. I dropped the Rangers like a dead frog right then.) The league needs the Rangers to produce and draw fans.

The last seven Ranger playoffs games feels like an eternity ago but I remember well.

They lost their last three games after knotting the series against the Flyers in Game Two.

They won the final four against the Devils in the 2nd round.

Their last seven playoff game record was 3-4.

Enjoy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.