FOOOOORREE! Says the Rangers

DevilMinder

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Isles/Rags game on Monday is going to be great, they're gonna finish 'em off for good just like that Turgeon game in 93, history repeating itself :)

if NYI & Montreal win tonight, you could probably make a strong case for it being over already.

It never seems to change with this team. No matter who wears the jersey and no matter how much $$$ they spend, it's the same old story.

It's difficult to put into words how I feel.

I always wonder why they can't just start from scratch and rebuild. Cut away some of the dead weight like Lindros, etc.

The Islander game will probably mean little Monday (especially if they beat Ottawa tonight). I am already resolved to the fact it will be another postseason miss.

When you overturn your roster as much as they do, it shouldn't be shocking that they don't have the chemistry to have Team Success.

Throwing cash around doesn't work unless you have a solid foundation meaning players who are in the organization for the long haul and know what's expected.

Just look around the league. Detroit does it wisely. They have 10-11 players who were drafted and they add the guys to that longevity they already have there.

It all starts with Yzerman, Fedorov and Lidstrom. They also draft well as evidenced by the promise that Datsyuk and Zetterberg have. Two guys who have the potential to be stars.

Detroit's also made wise deals for grinders like Draper and Maltby and they have become mainstays.

In order for a team to have success, there has to be that consistency in keeping some of your own players. When you look at the team that is the biggest culprit for today's NHL problems, they don't have that. Only Leetch, Richter (who is probably finished), Purinton and Lundmark are draft picks.

Leetch and Richter are the only guys who stayed since '94. Messier left and then cameback. Kovalev was a Pen and has stopped being the player he was in Pittsburgh. Lost in the shuffle just like most guys.

I hope one day Glen Sather gets fired and Cablevision sells the team. I just don't see them ever having any kind of success until they get an ownership that knows how to win championships.

I feel bad for Ranger fans that really know hockey like Derek. They deserve a much higher quality organization.

Thank you Blackjack. It's nice to see that there are some knowledgable fans here.

Just a final thought on this thread. I guess it's ironic that the Devils would clinch a playoff spot in a game against the Rangers.

Poetic justice and a lesson taught to Bobby Holik.

A dagger also.

Honestly Derek, you should just become a Devils fan. Stop taking the sh!t from an organization thats as bad as the rangers.

Historically speaking, their ways arent going to change. If you want to follow a team the way you are describing, I suggest you switch sides, or perhaps start following a team like Buffalo, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, or our very own Devils. Teams that have no money, but a lot of heart.

Pittburgh doesnt have a the "10-11 players who were drafted and they add the guys to that longevity they already have there"...

Its enitrly Sather's fault, on that interview with the Mad Dog, where he got bashed, he made excuses for his team. He said there are two ways to go... Either cheaply, by starting with draftee's and cheap players like expansion teams, building from the bottom up, or if you have the money, top to bottom. His logic was to get stars on the team and keep his prospects. Apparantly, he only thinks Lundmark and Blackburn are his prospects. Also, I didnt think the "expensive" way would take longer than the "cheap" way... ---Minnesota... Nashville (they may not make it... but Id consider them a better team than the Rag$ as a complete team... HORRIBLE start)...

too many chiefs, not enough indians.

Derek shouldn't switch teams... Why he is an active poster on the Devs forum, I dunno. I should try it on a Flyers or Rangers forum... He should just keep hope that either Sather will get fired or that his stars might be able to score again...

I am looking forawrd to $lats explanation of why his playoff guarantee did not work. It's just obscene how much money they piss away and get nothing for it. Someone at that organization has to have some brains. Maybe the guy who delivers office mail? Anybody?

ah yes, the Masters is an event I look forward to every year as a golfer.

Augusta is one of the most beautiful pieces of land on this Earth. I played Pebble in 2001 and that was probably the greatest thing I've ever done in my life.

Masters is a great tournament to watch. Players Championship is next week! I consider that the first major of the season.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.