Devils MVP?

Voros19

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been the Devils MVP this season?

• Brian Gionta
    • Patrik Elias
    • Martin Brodeur
    • Scott Gomez
    • Other

Looks like this is almost unanimous - Gionta.

He was pretty much the only Devil to show up between October and December. He has been consistantly awesome all season long.

True. :D I picked Gio but Brouder was on my mind to, he always brings his "A" game.

The whole devils team stepped it up in the second half , they have been amazing in this second half of the season , but since its only one person ,

Little G is my choice, 45 goals , without thoes goals we are nowhere this year , Gomer is second he has been playing like a mad man since january, and i think marty is third, he has kept us in games night after night.

so far no votes for patty :huh: considering how many people said he saved the season .

i really think gomez deserves a look.. he stepped up majory this year with that coast to coast thingy

That along with his new found shot and confidence in it has made him something of a force the last couple months! I voted for Gio tho.......great year.

I was actually thinking Colin White too.... as boneheaded as he can still play, he's really stepped in and filled what could have been a MASSIVE void up top with our defensemen, just remember how ugly it got the two weeks when he was out too early in the year

But I always like looking for the obscure players who help out as much as the obvious ones

I'm going with Gomez, really stepped up this year 30+ goals for a guy who we thought might never score 20?? he's taken more resposibility for carry the puck basically taking over for neids...

and he's been much better defesively..

gionta a close 2nd!!

While Patty's return has been huge and Gomez has really stepped his game up all year, Gionta has just gotten big goal after big goal for us. He's been pretty much the only guy who can put the puck in the net on the PP for us this year, with 23PPG. He's tied for the lead in GWG with 10!!!! 45G-36A-81P and he stands on the precipice of tying the Devils record for most goals in a season. He was our entire offense from October to December, and his play all year has been absolutely phenomenal. In my mind, this is not even a question. Gionta IS the Devils MVP this year.

By the way, I'm not forgetting about Marty but Marty really struggled at the begining of the year. Gionta has been our rock all season long.

Although Gio, Marty, and Gomer all are deserving...just as tsDevils pointed out...MVP is the most valuable to the team...and While Gio and Marty could be the it guy right there Elias has been the key to us coming back and getting that first 9 game winning streak and truly saved our season....I think with him in the line up the team plays as a team and that has been the most detrimental factor this season...he elevates everyone's play even though Gio was scoring as many goals as he was scoring he wasn't winning us games, same for Marty...his injury and faltering earlier in the season didn't help our cause...however, Gomer is by far the most improved over last season....and Gio is the hardest working and is a close second to Elias...Marty again is playing like the Marty of old...but my vote goes to Elias...

I went with Gio.

But I noticed something about Gomez last night -- he's really starting to get a command of the ice. I mean he always saw it... but last night there were moments where no one messed with him. Dare I say it was almost Stevens-esque? I'm wondering if it comes from a place of focus -- like other players subconsciously respect that a guy means business --- are they thinking "Oh shyte I better haul it up ice" as opposed to try to force the turnover. His maturity is sort of wigging me out -- next thing you know he'll be married rather than trying to undo langsgirls bra strap for a laugh. :unsure: Gomez... wife? random boob floppage... hmm.gif

Gomer takes... jugs any day!! klap2.gif