Curious

PaDevsFan

I am wondering how people feel heading into the post season (now that we are definately in). I know I am an optomist alot of the time, but in my opinion, if Marty continues to play at the level he is playing at and we keep getting the production out of the new line combos, I feel we can make a deep run in the playoffs. To be honest every team in the East has question marks, and the Devils are no exception. That being said out goaltending is tops in the East, and really in the league. Goaltending and defense in the playoffs is what counts. So I guess what I am saying with the playoffs around the corner, there are no teams in the East that I would "be afraid" to play at this point. Second are we hoping to move up and play maybe Buffalo, or should we stay where we are at and hopefully draw the Rags, or the Cryers??

Do we have the talent for a run? I think so, but I also think this team could go into a slump and be bounced quicky... depends if Jekyll or Hyde shows up. I think we'll know fairly quickly what our chances are as if we get rolling we'll be tough, but if we stumble out of the block then we get early tee times.

id say we have a real shot. the three teams that have dominated us this year are not in the playoffs (islanders, leafs, thrashers) lets just hope that brodeur stays on top of his game... and our d gets better... and that lundqvist isnt back for playoff time.. id rather face weekes ;)

id say we have a real shot. the three teams that have dominated us this year are not in the playoffs (islanders, leafs, thrashers) lets just hope that brodeur stays on top of his game... and our d gets better... and that lundqvist isnt back for playoff time.. id rather face weekes ;)

I wouldn't. Weekes owned us in 2002 and generally he plays very well against the Devils.

Coaching is HUGE in the playoffs.

It's big all year round, but a different coaching is needed for a playoff series.

First there is the team youre matched against.

Then each team adjusts, then the other reacts, and you have to re-adjust again.

I still like the Devs shot at winning the first round.

It'll be Rags, Failures or Sabres. Prolly, I hope not to see Flyers most.

After that I gotta see who we're playing before venturing a guess.

Being a 6th seed scares me a lot. We were 6ht seed in 2002 and in 2004 ... our latest two early exits. And guess what ... its 2006 ... will it be third is a charm or ...

Also since we didn't beat Rags in playoffs yet, playing them as a 6th seed this year scares me even more. Why they couldn't make a playoffs as a 8th seed when we were in our prime in 2001? So we could've easily get that monkey of our backs.....

I would rather be 7th seed and play Senators or Huricanes then Rags. And of course playing Buffalo as a fifth seed would be even better.

Edited by MacDevil

I'm on the fence over which what where and how. I'm hoping just no the Phlyers in the first

just bc of TV coverage. I'm in comcast country :puke: and I don't have comcast.

Only good thing would be I have tix for those fvcktards and would be able to see them in philthy.

LETS GO DEVILS

:rofl:troll.gif nice troll

There are way too many predictions and way too many intangibles going into the playoffs. But I think Brodeur would be shaky in the first couple playoff games and rebound the rest of the way. Our offense, however, could explode in the playoffs hopefully. guys like Madden, Pandolfo and Langenbrunner must return to their scoring prime time like in the 2003 when they combined for 23 goals (24 in fact because Pandolfo's goal was disallowed because the play resumed without review during a game between the Sens and the Devils, which Brylin scored the lone goal in that game as Devils won 1-0)