Official GDT: NYR @ NJ Game 2

hattrick

Now if the Rangers win the next 4 out of 5 and the Devils blow it, then the Rangers deserve to win and the Devils deserve sh!t. Remember what happenned in the 2003 final against the Ducks. The home team won all the games. Granted, the Devils won and became 2003 Champions. :evil:

They just showed a stat that when the Rangers go down 0-2 they have come back to win 15 of 16 series by winning the next 4. The Devils are undefeated going up 2-0. Something has got to give. Let's :pray: it goes the Devils way. :pray:

Also, the Flyers lost. They got killed by the Sabres tonight. :clap: They are down 0-2 to Buffalo. :boogie:

Edited by hattrick

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People throwing hats on ice: DAMN COOL!!

People throwing toupees on ice: DAMN FUNNY!!

People throwing thundersticks on ice: DAMN STUPID!!

It's a %#*@! HAT-trick. Not a #@%*& THUNDERSTICK-trick.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Wonderful game by Madden. Not just the goals, but his defensive work as well.

We won based on luck instead of skill tonight. We were outplayed most of the night but still won lopsidedly. Lou has to get these guys playing at 100%.

An excellent win once again for New Jersey - they just play their game and succeed at it. One thing that is worrisome is how little offensive pressure they generated 5 on 5 in this game - but they just got the most out of their chances.

I think the Rangers would be better off if instead of acquiring Sandis Ozolinsh, they somehow signed whoever they were going to use that pick on and played him on D - a 17 year old with no NHL experience might look better at this point. He has just been brutalized by New Jersey ever since he got to New York. In Anaheim he was not this bad in 2003 at all.

Gotta love the attitude of the Rangers - cheap shot some of New Jersey's best players. Colton Orr running Gomez was a disgrace - I hope that order didn't come down from the coaching staff. He'll have to answer to Janssen by the end of the series.

What an absymal call on Grant Marshall at a key point in the game - an absolutely terrible, terrible call, one of the worst I've ever seen. That was beyond bad, but the Rangers just never looked together on that 5 on 3 - they are lost without Jagr out there. Nylander and Straka pass way too much.

The Rangers aren't done yet and singing that 'na na na na' song only up 2-0 might look bad in a week. Jagr has done a heroic comeback against New Jersey once before and he could do it again.

BTW I would not be surprised if it was the Rangers fans throwing the unopened thundersticks in disgust.

Edited by Triumph

People throwing hats on ice: DAMN COOL!!

People throwing toupees on ice: DAMN FUNNY!!

People throwing thundersticks on ice: DAMN STUPID!!

It's a %#*@! HAT-trick. Not a #@%*& THUNDERSTICK-trick.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Wonderful game by Madden. Not just the goals, but his defensive work as well.

We won based on luck instead of skill tonight. We were outplayed most of the night but still won lopsidedly. Lou has to get these guys playing at 100%.

Exactly! About the throwing thundersticks on ice.

Edited by Super 17

Now if the Rangers win the next 4 out of 5 and the Devils blow it, then the Rangers deserve to win and the Devils deserve sh!t. Remember what happenned in the 2003 final against the Ducks. The home team won all the games. Granted, the Devils won and became 2003 Champions. :evil:

They just showed a stat that when the Rangers go down 0-2 they have come back to win 15 of 16 series by winning the next 4. The Devils are undefeated going up 2-0. Something has got to give. Let's :pray: it goes the Devils way. :pray:

Also, the Flyers lost. They got killed by the Sabres tonight. :clap: They are down 0-2 to Buffalo. :boogie:

I thought the stat was the NYR lost 15 or 16 and the one they came back was in 96 vs Habs.

What was the deal with the Marshall penalty? By the looks of the OLN replay Grant definitely was holding the stick of the Ranger player. I could tell that couldn't be the whole story given Grants reaction.

Another fantastic win. Congrats to Maddog on his first hat trick in the playoffs. It was even better since two of his three were short handed. marty played lights-out again, and brain Raflaski played probably his best game of the year so far. We will see if the Devils are the same team when they go to New York on Wednesday night.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

:dance::clap::dance::evil:

A win is a win, although I must say at times the Rangers were outplaying the Devils. I fear a Ranger team of Jagr, Kasperitis, and Lundqvist if healthy. The Rangers seemed to be focusing on playing Gomez phsyical, lets hope he doesn't get hurt. Madden and Pandolfo had a great game tonight and so did Rafalski. I was not impressed with Marshall tonight but I won't worry about him. Looking foward to game 3, Go Devils!

I was happy to hear madden say the devils realized they were outplayed. If it wasnt for Madden and Rafalski/Brodeur this was an entirely different game.

AMEN. Hit the nail right on the head. I thought we were lazy taking the puck out of our own end; after the 2-0 lead we our powerplays were real conservative with poor passing; 2nd period on we seemed flat-footed. We picked our game up a little in the third with some nice aggressive forechecking. We can't take this lead for granted. Let's play hard-nosed Devil hockey on Wednesday and get those first two lines going.

3 Stars: Madden, Rafi, Marty....Pando honorable mention.

GO DEVILS!!!

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Brodeur(that was an awesome save and he got lucky on that one)

Good game by the Devils overall, though I did notice some breakdowns here and there and the Ragners getting a lot of chances. Congrats to Sarge for getting the Hat Trick. Now, let's beat the Rangers down at MSG!!!

Edited by DevilMan

Couldn't be happier right now with a 2-0 series lead but the Devils were badly out played most of this game especially 5 on 5. They can't play like this Wednesday and expect the same result.

Great game from Madden, Rafalski and Brodeur. That save he made at the end of the game was unreral. Lets just hope Lou has these guys primed and ready because the Rangers are going to throw all they have at them at the Garden.

YEAH MADDEN!

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Brodeur(that was an awesome save and he got lucky on that one)

Good game by the Devils overall, though I did notice some breakdowns here and there and the Ragners getting a lot of chances. Congrats to Sarge for getting the Hat Trick. Now, let's beat the Rangers down at MSG!!!

It was Madden who the hattrick.

Nobody answered my question about Marshall. I didn't see how it was a bad call.

I just caught the post-game interviews on the NHL network. Renny said that Ozolinsh had his timing off a bit tonight, but on the other hand he liked the rest of his play in the game. Furthermore, all the Rangers have to do next game is build on this one because the Rangers played well.

Lou was asked why Martin and Rafalski were out for the whole 5-on-3. The reason was simple. It was the second period and the bench was too far away. Lou said it was "positional" and that the guys were tired but not exhausted. They know to come to the bench if they are exhausted. Both of whom played wonderfully on that 5-on-3. :clap: