Would You Want Black Devils 3rd Jerseys?

NJD Jester

We the fans? I don't know why my watching the game naked will make TV ratings go up. :P

Id rather the players be naked thAn the fans...

but I am quite shocked that your comment wasnt more like "well obviously me being naked in the crowd would make ratings go up"

:)

Oh ok, well I could understand people tuning in if they might catch a glimpse of me naked. Now I got it. :o

There it is... i just needed to scroll :doh1:

Edited by langsgirl

Id rather the players be naked then the fans...

but I am quite shocked that your comment wasnt more like "well obviously me being naked in the crowd would make ratings go up"

:)

There it is... i just needed to scroll :doh1:

Read further on then. You added onto that past before my reply got in, stinks.

Edited by Devils731

I don't want any alternate jerseys but I think it would be cool if they had retro night and wore the Christmas tree jerseys and the opponent wore there vintage jerseys.

I'd like to see the Devils pick three different games and have their players wear KC Scouts jerseys one game, Colorado Rockies jerseys during another game, and the Christmas Classics on or around Christmas. I know the KC and Colorado jersey thing will never happen, but I think it would be cool to pay some kind of homage to the franchise's history. I wear my Rockies jerseys quite a bit to games, and a lot of fans like 'em.

I'd like to see the Devils pick three different games and have their players wear KC Scouts jerseys one game, Colorado Rockies jerseys during another game, and the Christmas Classics on or around Christmas. I know the KC and Colorado jersey thing will never happen, but I think it would be cool to pay some kind of homage to the franchise's history. I wear my Rockies jerseys quite a bit to games, and a lot of fans like 'em.

Thats a great idea! :D I can't believe I never thought of that. It would be awesome to honor the entire franchises past rather than just a small portion.

No question, by today's standards, Lou Lamoriello has missed the gravy train when it comes to marketing his club.

But I'll tell you something, he's employed the smartest marketing campaign of all- Winning!

Winning and competing year-in and year-out builds a legacy of tradition, which naturally turns out fans over the "LONG TERM"...

Besides, Lou is getting paid, the fans he does have are happy...so, who's complaining???

:giggle:

the 3rd jersey thing really isn't at the crux of this argument.

lou didn't promote for two reasons:

1) he was team first and pushed that at every level

2) he was trying to keep his players salaries down

as for the league not marketing itself, i'll agree to a point. put putting an absolute buffoon like steven a. smith as a color guy accomplishes nothing. would i want steve avery doing color? funny/no nothing guys are really the worst color guys. does tony saragusa add anything to a telecast? no. jd and doc actually explain the game and discuss relevant things.

a hot know-nothing bimbo on the sidelines accomplishes nothing either. it might get the girl a spread in maxim, but it's not bringing in viewers unless she's naked.

i do agree that perhaps marketing towards the 18-24 mountain dew drinking crowd might be a change from going after 10 year olds, but actually discussing expansion shows that this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. expansion has been the real problem with hockey.

as has been discussed to death, it's a regional sport. trying to grow it in areas that can't support it really causes more of a problem.

Thats a great idea! :D I can't believe I never thought of that. It would be awesome to honor the entire franchises past rather than just a small portion.

It's true that it's part of the history, but it's NJ not Kansas or Colorado.

The Avs should play some games in Nordiques jersey???? Weird.

It's true that it's part of the history, but it's NJ not Kansas or Colorado.

The Avs should play some games in Nordiques jersey???? Weird.

Retro jerseys have really grown in popularity over the last few years. I'm seeing more and more Rockies and Scouts jerseys worn to games. Not hundreds of them, of course...but enough that I think the idea should at least be considered, in spite of the fact that the KC and Colorado jerseys have nothing to do with New Jersey from a geographical standpoint.

I just realized I never answered the 3rd jersey question. I'd be at least curious to see what a Devils 3rd jersey might look like.

I was thinking about this as I watched game 2. I don't like the Rags fans at the CAA wearing White jerseys and a Devs fan next to him with their White jersey on. I was thinking "we should just ditch the White alltogether and go red and black."

I don't want a third jersey, I just don't like having any of the same colors as the rags. What I really want is OLD SCHOOL GREEN! I'd settle for that. :evil:

AND NO! I don't want to see the Devs play in a Rockies jersey, I don't want to see Jets or Whalers jerseys either, unless Winnipeg or Hartford were to get their franchises back. But I will take the 80's greenies back!!!! :koolaid::koolaid:

I was thinking about this as I watched game 2. I don't like the Rags fans at the CAA wearing White jerseys and a Devs fan next to him with their White jersey on. I was thinking "we should just ditch the White alltogether and go red and black."

Starting in 2004 home teams wear white and away teams wear color. The home team has the choice though, so pre-2004 when the Rags started their third jersey they could wear it whenever away and would just tell the other team in advanced and be able to wear it at home, now they can only wear it at home. The NHL would never allow a colored away jersey and a third jersey would be for home purposes only if it's colored. In the 2007-2008 season we are opening a new arena, the NHL jerseys are changing to something like the Nike olympic ones, and wouldn't that be a great time to design an alternate jersey, maybe using the christmas colors, but putting a nice 2007 twist to it. To make it even better we can make a white one which can be used home and away, though black would be sick. I would like to see something like anaheim, making it with strings under the neck and looking old.

I believe Nike released a black devils jersey that you still see from time to time at games.

It looks lame.

I do like calgaries flaming horse jersey though!

The flaming horse is actually a reference to Calgary's CFL team (the Stampeders). That is a sharp jersey.

It was actually Starter that released the black Devils jerseys. I had one years ago, until my girlfriend made the mistake of taking it to the dry cleaners. That made the logo shrivel up. They pop up on e-bay from time to time.

If I was going to design a Devils third jersey, I would make it black, keep the stripes where they are (wide red stripe surrounded by a small white stripe on both sides), replace the NJ logo with some kind of actual Devil (I'm dating myself here, but does anybody remember a game show named "The Joker's Wild"? I would use that Devil for the crest), and have the NJ logos on the shoulders, like the Rat jerseys do. No shoulder trim either...the shoulders are black like the rest of the jersey.