Elias returning next year?

Z-Man

55 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the chances are of Elias returning next year?

• Definitely will be back (75-100% chance)
    • More likely than not (50-75%)
    • More likely he will be leaving (25-50%)
    • Definitely a goner for someone who overpays (0-25%)

Not to get off the playoff topic, but I've heard so many different rumors about teams making a serious run at Elias in free agency. I've heard Chicago, Nashville (Vokoun would recruit him hard), the Rangers, LA, and a couple of others. What do you think the chances are of him returning?

Edited by Z-Man

Lou has always treated Elias fairly, I think he understands the place he would hold in the history of the franchise if he stays. If he stays he will likely set the team scoring marks and has an outside chance of having his number retired. If he leaves he loses all of that.

Guest troycrowder25

I think Elias, much like Daneyko and Brodeur, is a Devil for life. When I saw him crying at Stevens night I really got the feeling he loves being a Devil. I also think Lou will give him the C and I think thats something he really wants.

Do this poll about Gomez and I would bet my life he bails when his contract is up.

Edited by troycrowder25

I would hope to god he would be a priority, he's my hero!! :clap::clap:

I think Elias, much like Daneyko and Brodeur, is a Devil for life. When I saw him crying at Stevens night I really got the feeling he loves being a Devil. I also think Lou will give him the C and I think thats something he really wants.

Do this poll about Gomez and I would bet my life he bails when his contract is up.

I agree only based on comments from his dad.

I can't remember his exact words but he said the DEvs would have to pay to keep him.

If he does a Niedermeyer and signs a 1yr then the writing is on the wall.

Elias is only leaving if he wants to leave, and I have seen absolutely no indication that he wants to leave. If he stays, no one else will ever get to wear #26 and he breaks all the franchise scoring records.

Again, the fact that he doesn't have an agent tells me he's not interested in leaving.

As I've said before, Elias doesnt have an agent, so that's good for the Devils.

If he all of a sudden gets an agent, that means he wants to shop around.

But I really dont think he's going anywhere.

Elias is only leaving if he wants to leave, and I have seen absolutely no indication that he wants to leave. If he stays, no one else will ever get to wear #26 and he breaks all the franchise scoring records.

Again, the fact that he doesn't have an agent tells me he's not interested in leaving.

As I've said before, Elias doesnt have an agent, so that's good for the Devils.

If he all of a sudden gets an agent, that means he wants to shop around.

But I really dont think he's going anywhere.

i agree with both of these statements.