Do you want the Devs to play Buffalo, Philly, or Canes?

brodeurgirl30

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely hate discussion like this while we still have a series to win... which we have not done yet.

A few bounces the wrong way and we will have a serious fight on our hands here.

Let's just worry about the Rangers.

I agree. I'm having comeback nightmares. :(

Edited by LizDevil30

I guess this is such a person by person thing...

I for one would prefer to discuss this now instead of later. You can't tell me Devils staff is not putting together lines and/or tapes for all 3. So if they can do it why can't we?

I betcha even the Rangers have tapes compiled for their possible next round rivals.

Well I know not everyone is superstitious, but here's a thought. The Leafs made the comeback in 1942 and the Islanders made the comeback in 1975 - 32 years later. Here we are 31 years later. Is it time for another. We'll know tonight whether or not Dallas is on its way.

Newsflash: our mentality has no effect on the teams overconfidence. Which is why players should never look past the next game, let alone the next series.

Coaches and scouts, however, are meant to plan. We take the roll of planners as well as fans, there is no reason at all why we cant talk about the next round. We just shouldn't assume that we are guranteed to be in the next round. Just as Buffalo/Philly; only one will advance.

I want the Devils to beat the Rangers...right now I could care less about the second round match up because the Devils havent made the second round yet. Their are still FOUR games left in this series, the exact number of wins the Rangers need to move on...it aint over till its over.

2004 Yankees/Sox's - No one thought it was remotely possible

2000 Devils/Philly - No one gave the Devils a chance in hell (no pun intended)

Newsflash: our mentality has no effect on the teams overconfidence. Which is why players should never look past the next game, let alone the next series.

superstition |: noun

a widely held but unjustified belief in supernatural causation leading to certain consequences of an action or event, or a practice based on such a belief

: she touched her locket for luck, a superstition she had had since childhood.

Nobody said it was rational... just the way it is... :koolaid:

in the 2000 playoffs I was idly throwing a plush frog against the wall during game one, as a nervous tic. We won, against Toronto, so I wound up doing that every game. I tried to stop, but we seemed to play worse when I did. By the end of the playoffs, especially after those dallas games, you would not be able to recognize that frog as a frog anymore.

Superstition is serious business.

He really said that? Matt Loughlin also did. Man, I'm not one for bulletin board material, but if I'm Renney I use whatever I can at this point to focus the guys in on the task Saturday. One shift at a time.

VODOO DOLL for Matty

Link

Coaches and scouts, however, are meant to plan. We take the roll of planners as well as fans, there is no reason at all why we cant talk about the next round. We just shouldn't assume that we are guranteed to be in the next round. Just as Buffalo/Philly; only one will advance.

Philty is going down tonite I'll be there sec119 throwing all of my negative energy their way.

Yesterday I stopped by BJ's Wholesale Club to buy blank VHS tapes...as I was hobblin' from my car, I came to an abrupt halt...my thought was "I have one blank tape at home...buying more implies the Devs go further in the playoffs"...I abruptly, well as quickly as I could, did an about face and returned to my car...I figured buying the blanks would jinx us. Talk about being superstitious :wacko:

My answer?

It does not matter? Devils waltz to the Finals...it is like this:

All the other teams are sitting at the toll booth waiting to pay cash...The Devils will fly by all these teams in the East with EZ-PASS

Don't mind him. We watched that game over at a buddy's here in Old Bridge. I can't say I blame Bri for being so annoyed. That was one of the weakest goals you'll ever see that Miller gave up. I didn't like how Buffalo played.

Not saying anything else.

let's not forget that momentum can shift completely for any team including the devs. It's weird have everyone is afraid of the devs right now (I guess you can't blame them), but one hit, one GWG goal, one injury, or one mistake can completely change one teams fortune. Look at montreal with Koivu.