Real Life Intrudes

Nieuwy25

Remember that old thread of mine? About my mother's illness, and then my son's thyroid cancer?

My mother has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer (very advanced) and is undergoing chemo treatments, which so far (3 of 4 treatments received) has not shrunk the tumor at all. Things are not looking too good.

This morning, my son told me that a neck scan done by his endocrinologist 2 weeks ago shows enlarged lymph nodes on the right side of his neck. They will do a needle biopsy and a PET scan to see if there is cancer there.

I'm not dealing with this very well right now, and I'd appreciate all the prayers that my mom, son and myself (and my whole family!) can get.

Thanks guys. :pray:

Edited by Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25, very sorry to hear about your Mom and your Son....I will be sure to keep you and your family in my prayers. :pray: Hang in there and even though there are so many emotions and hard times to deal with, stay as positive as you can

Newy hang on there buddy. I'm going threw some trials myself. I know we all joke around a lot on the boards with eachother and get to talk about some awsome Devils hockey but it shows a lot when we can post things like this to our internet friends. Hopefuly we can all take a timeout and remembering your situation in thought & prayers.

Edited by Elias26

Thanks so much, everyone. Hugs to you all.

Some days I just get so down that I can't see the good possibilities that I know are there. Sometimes I can't even pray. And I can't really talk about things because I just start crying, so being able to share things without having to speak is really helpful.

I need to just focus on some good things - like hockey. ;)

My thoughts, prayers and best wishes to yourself and your family. Be strong!! :pray:

• 3 weeks later...

Nathan got the news last night that there is cancer in the lymph nodes in his neck. They will do surgery to remove whatever they need to, then do a radition treatment. They give him a pill and then he has to be in isolation for 3 days.

Then they will see if the cancer is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, how 'bout some good news in here?

My mom's tumor is finally shrinking from the chemo - don't know any details yet, but it sounds like they may do a couple more chemo treatments than were originally scheduled.

----------------------------------

Nathan meets with his surgeon Thursday a.m. to discuss that. The more I think about it, the less worried I am about this, since it's basically still thyroid cancer, and basically still very non-aggressive. I'm trying to keep positive.

:pray: