Real Life Intrudes

Nieuwy25

Update:

Nate's surgery was yesterday - took 5 hours, but went well. The dr didn't find any sign of cancer in the lymph nodes on the left side of his neck. He took out all the lymph nodes on the right side - but he said even there he didn't find as much cancer as he expected. He also took out some thyroid tissue that had been left, and was cancerous.

He's doing well enough that he'll probably be going home this afternoon. He has staples in his neck from one ear to the other. YUCK!

In about a month, they'll do the radiation pellet/isolation thing, and hopefully THIS TIME that'll be the end of it!

------------------------------------------------

Mom was in the hospital last week - only indirectly related to the cancer. She's better now. Had to postpone the next chemo treatment. We're not sure how many more treatments she'll have. The cancer is in her lungs and bones, also, so it's only a matter of time, and how much more time the chemo will allow her to feel better.

Great news about your son! You are a very strong person! Nothing but the best for your entire family!

Thanks, everybody.

Nate did get to go home Wednesday - isn't it amazing that less than 24 hrs after a 5 hr surgery, you're ready to go home???

I really appreciate all the thoughts & prayers for us. We're hanging in. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My mom has gone downhill very quickly. She's in the hospital with a variety of problems, and things are not looking good. We'll be at the hospital this evening.

I was so hoping that she would get to spend a few months off of chemo, at home, regaining a little strength, getting her hair back (that would make her happy), feeling better, with Hospice care and her family around her. But it looks like it won't happen that way. At this point, I hope she doesn't linger. She's suffering, and we're suffering with her.

Thank you all for your prayers! :wub:

Hi, Zam! Great to see you.

My mom is unbelievably strong. She's been in ICU since last Monday, and today they moved her to the CCU (Critical Care) and they expect her to be there for at least 5 days. It looks like she'll pull through and will get to go home at some point. We've already talked to a lady with a Hospice Care and we'll arrange that when it's time.

Thanks, and hugs to all for your continued prayers!

Edited by Nieuwy25