Devils @ Carolina OGT: 3pm NBC

msweet

Agree with the sane consensus comments in the thread

Carolina got 2 junky goals early and the offense has been stagnant today and it's snowbaling....

it's gonna happen with a week off I guess.. though I thought they played ok in the first 10:00 which I was worried about... go figure...

the goal now should be to win the third period and get some momentum for game 2....

and be glad Marty don't have a birthday (or I have to go to Sun Tavern for a birthday party THANKS BRIAN :P)... for another year :D

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What needs to be done: play dobermans every other shift. Hurt Canes. HURT THEM. HURT THEM.

Good man, somebody needs to smash that prick Brind-Amour, splatter his big nose, he'a always been a cheapshotting prick, just like Chelios, Staal needs to be elbowed a-la Tie Domi, hey, maybe Marshall can run over Cam Ward, and we get a power-play :blink:

Start hitting these bastards, injure them :argh:

Saying we suck today has nothing to do with jumping off the bandwagon.

Exactly thank you Satan, its like if you dont keep your head in the clouds (like the delusional few) then you're not a true fan

Everyone roots differently people, just accept it. It doesnt mean were not true fans.

Wow.

you know, sometimes when Derek or opposing fans lose their cool and call us bandwagon fans, I look at statements like this and can't disagree.

how bout you just go to hell thanks, ill root my way you root your way

Ive been following this team since I was 5 and understood the game, so dont go calling me out a$$hole

DFSteve,

Truly - this is the way to goes with 783 -- it's really seriously hard to take sometimes -- but he's loyal. This is the third playoff run I've gone through with him -- it's exhausting but he is a true fan and this is the way he roots. it's painful but he's no badnwagoner in terms of stick-to-it-ivity - much to my chagrin at times like these :evil:

well my NOT watching hasn't helped so I guess I'll tune in and see what's what for myself here. Seems like fear to me :doh1: Can we blame it on the hushpuppies like last time?

you'd think this team wouldn't get thrown under the bus Tortorella-style after 2 bad periods after a 15 game winning streak though :P

Just my two cents and I am as rotten vile and nasty a fan as it gets!!

how bout you just go to hell thanks, ill root my way you root your way

Ive been following this team since I was 5 and understood the game, so dont go calling me out a$$hole

DFSteve,

Truly - this is the way to goes with 783 -- it's really seriously hard to take sometimes -- but he's loyal. This is the third playoff run I've gone through with him -- it's exhausting but he is a true fan and this is the way he roots. it's painful but he's no badnwagoner in terms of stick-to-it-ivity - much to my chagrin at times like these :evil:

well my NOT watching hasn't helped so I guess I'll tune in and see what's what for myself here. Seems like fear to me :doh1: Can we blame it on the hushpuppies like last time?

Really couldnt have put it any better myself. Thanks PK haha for the brutal honesty :-)

Ha ha - Ray Whitney scores 2 goals the only way he ever will against us (by passing), and Cory Stillman scores a goal the only way he will against us (into an open net). Devils aren't playing well and Carolina has gotten all the fluky bounces. Not to mention Ray Whitney's atrocious dive that got Langenbrunner called. Carolina is still a joke outside of Williams, Staal, and Brind'Amour.

Nice to see Laviolette put out Larose on the PP then he runs Brodeur. Couldn't Langenbrunner have at least done something more to him since he was going to take a penalty?

NBC's coverage is terrible - if they covered the Kentucky Derby this way you'd only see the important parts once or perhaps not at all and Cammi Granato would be awkwardly narrating half of it.

Y'know, it's not over yet. There's still a period of hockey left to play, and if anything, they can finish this game strong and come out hard on Monday.

They only need a split in the first two on the road and then it's a best of 5 with NJ having home-ice.

Triumph: If you are referring to the camerawork, I completely agree. I don't know what half the penalties are today. I just know there is someone in the box. I don't see how it happened and they don't show a replay.

I think Tri was talking about the Langenbrunner roughing right after Marty was run by Larose. Langenbrunner just held him on the ice and spoke in his ear it appeared and yet got a the same 2 minutes that Larose got for bowling over Marty.

Y'know, it's not over yet. There's still a period of hockey left to play, and if anything, they can finish this game strong and come out hard on Monday.

They only need a split in the first two on the road and then it's a best of 5 with NJ having home-ice.

Well said. We all new the Devils weren't going to go 16-0 in the playoffs...it's just a damn shame it had to be such a blow out thus far. Hey there's still one period left and if they don't win, it's only one game! Last time I checked you have to win 4 to move on.

The devs need more fire... It appears the bleeding has stopped, but we havent done much else yet.

Also, I dont think we should be asking for Domi elbows, runs on players/goalies, etc. Not to sound like Renney, but hockey is a game of honor... Beat them with a goal, not with a penalty.

Canes look great -- relaxed, neat... they look big too but I think it's the unis.

This isn't bad... Devils are, at least thus far this period, in the right place -- they just aren't focusing - see they were winging it against the Rangers -- this was what I was afraid - the sloppy fly by your seat thing... I think the rangers got them off their game not the time off... it was too easy. They can pull it together i think, shooting the puck is a start <_<