Devils @ Carolina OGT: 3pm NBC

msweet

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, that came out of nowhere. I must've missed what Sergei did to earn that...

Sorry I'm just choosing him to take most of my frustration out on. Although the whole team was dismal he was getting destroyed out there. Every time he got the puck he gave it up hes been playing sub par for a while now and hes just one of the many guys who need to step it up.

Okay, that came out of nowhere. I must've missed what Sergei did to earn that...

As did I.

I think you must of mixed up your Russians, cause if you mean Kozlov, than yes you are correct.

As did I.

I think you must of mixed up your Russians, cause if you mean Kozlov, than yes you are correct.

I honestly think Kozlov played much better than Sarge tonight. Kozlov played 10 minutes and came up with 3 great hits & took no penaltys. Brylin never hits and gave up the puck on a regular basis... But the team on a whole played bad so..

Edited by Elias26

I honestly think Kozlov played much better than Sarge tonight. Kozlov played 10 minutes and came up with 3 great hits & took no penaltys. Brylin never hits and gave up the puck on a regular basis... But the team on a whole played bad so..

I actually was ok with Kozlov today. I prefer him to play over any of the other 4th liners.

I don't get this Marty awful crap. Ward didn't have to come up big at all. Marty made 30 saves, some of them great. The offense went MIA again, the D went MIA as did the special teams. The imposters didn't show up-- the 2005 Devils did.

I just got home from work, I didn't get to see any of the game so I have a couple of questions that I would be thankful if they got answered...

What were the line combinations? I read earlier in this thread that Langenbrunner was put back on the checking line, so I am assuming he played with Pandolfo-Madden?

Was it...

Parise-Gomez-Gionta

Elias-Brylin-Marshall

Pandolfo-Madden-Langenbrunner

Kozlov-Rasmussen-Wiemer

???

I don't know why Lou would mess with-

Parise-Gomez-Gionta

Elias-Brylin-Langenbrunner

Pandolfo-Madden-Marshall

Wiemer-Rasmussen-Janssen

that line up equals success.

Why was Kozlov in for Wiemer?! For the 4th line to be really effective it has to be Wiemer-Rasmussen-Janssen. There is no way to deny that.

I don't know why Lou would mess with-

Parise-Gomez-Gionta

Elias-Brylin-Langenbrunner

Pandolfo-Madden-Marshall

Wiemer-Rasmussen-Janssen

I can't explain the fourth line, but I think they were trying to go with those top three lines. It just wasn't working out. With so much specialty team plays (mostly us on the PK), we couldn't get anything regular going.

I fell asleep after it was 2-0 because I have not been sleeping well lately due to allergies. I woke up at 8:30 in the evening. It looks like I didn't miss much.

I fell asleep after it was 2-0 because I have not been sleeping well lately due to allergies. I woke up at 8:30 in the evening. It looks like I didn't miss much.

Sue, I pity you for your allergies, and I'm sorry you can't sleep properly right now, but please, don't ever sleep when the Devils are playing again, because with your mystical powers, your sleep translated to the players, you need to be wide awake and alert for game two, your powers of watching the Devils play, your will for them to win will translate into a game two victory :evil:

You do not realise your power, use your spirituality and convert it to the players, drive the Devils to another cup :D

Ugh. I was at the Mets game yesterday- I'm glad I was. I watched the lowlights of this horrendus piece of sh!t this morning, and could only shake my head. I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm sure- because there always are- there are some fans lining up to jump off the GW Bridge. My advice: don't. Although I didn't see the game (I have it Tivo'd but I'm not gonna watch it- would you, lol?), I can chalk it up to this: we were due. Period. We were due. No excuses- nothing about the week off (although I'm sure it might've contributed)- we were gonna lose eventually, and when it rains, it pours. I'm not worried. Hopefully White will be back for game 2, but regardless- this team WILL be ready to play tomorrow night. They have to be angry and embaressed by that effort yesterday. This is a veteran team that has been through this- they'll bounce back tomorrow. Worry not. :D