The Worst Coverage

eppitek

Is anyone else extremely disgusted with the NBC Commentating... everything about it...

i've never had to actually mute a game like I did today... it doesn't help that we are losing... but regardless they have been at it throughout the game...

Staal has everything going for him... no wonder he's in GQ... what the hell kind of comment is that?

and Brodeur is showing his frustration by taking a jab at the player who just ran him through his net?

You have to be kidding me...

The worst commentated game I have EVER seen...

Edited by eppitek

Uhm. If you are referring to McNabb, I don't care. Cammi, as I said, has to go. But Chris Cuthbert is the ultimate in PBP. He was considered by many to be the best PBP guy at CBC and I personally think he's the best in the business along with Doc.

Uhm. If you are referring to McNabb, I don't care. Cammi, as I said, has to go. But Chris Cuthbert is the ultimate in PBP. He was considered by many to be the best PBP guy at CBC and I personally think he's the best in the business along with Doc.

DO NOT compare this guy to Doc, Don.......this guy is terrible.

yes. these commentators are horrible...

NBC sucks.

this couldve been a saturday night game. but its not the Rangers, Red Wings, or a canadien team.... So NBC said lets get this crap over with....

Most people would say Cuthbert and Doc are the two best in the game. I like Cuthbert a little more though. He has a better voice.

I think people just might hate what he is saying though since we did lose 6-0. But Cammi...let Pierre McGuire interrupt whenever he wamts because he knows more than the announcers but letting her when she says nothing and brings nothing to the table is just plain stupid.

Edited by devilsrule33

But Chris Cuthbert is the ultimate in PBP. He was considered by many to be the best PBP guy at CBC and I personally think he's the best in the business along with Doc.

Put the peyote buttons away, Don!! If he is the best CBC's got, then God help CBC and you Canadians!! His approach to calling the game had about as much flow as today's edition of Devil's hockey ... lucky for him Peter McNabb put most everyone to sleep with his incessant jabbering or else Cutbutt would have caught even more flack!

Back to Mr. Storyteller and Av's color-man, Peter McNabb ... took my two boys over to a friend's house last night to watch the games with a bunch of Av fans and would you believe me if I told you that we watched the majority of the game without any volume, because in their words, McNabb "wouldn't shut up"!

And Cammi Granato ... my Jack Russell terrier communicates more effectively than her ... in fact, I think I'd rather listen to Ray Borque than her!

She sounds like a detained prisoner being pressured into answering questions.

There was also a few times when Cuthbert finished what he was saying and threw it over to Cammi by saying "Cammi?", which was followed by about 10 or so seconds of dead air before she started talking.

Okay. I'm doing a search on Cuthbert on CalgaryPuck. I'm not skipping *ANY* of the messages.

"Don Wittman got excited, yes, and I praise his good work last night, and the nights before. He's not Cuthbert, but he's still decent.."

"It's a better product and most of the time I get Davidson as the colour guy and I personally think Davidson is the best in the business at what he does as is Cuthbert."

"Flipping betweend CBC and NBC/TSN games today... it is embarassing that CBC let Cuthbert go. NBC/TSN coverage was better on every front - almost enough to make me watch the SJ/NAS game instead of Greaser/Wing game."

"Outside of Cuthbert, could you elaborate as to why NBC is better than CBC today?"

"I'm watching the Preds/Sharks game just because of Chris Cuthbert. Mark Lee is absolutely horrible."

"I love Cuthbert, so I'll likely end up watching the Nashville and San Jose game."

"Cuthbert is sick. I wish he was doing CBC games again but I think he does coverage for NBC as well so maybe we'll get him somewhere down the road."

"But CBC's PBP guys are so terrible now, it may not be that bad..........he's probably #2 behind Hughson. Cole can't remember anyone's names, and Mark Lee is just not good at all. Why did they let go of Cuthbert again?"

" Man oh man i wish TSN was doin our games for some odd reason just so we could get Cuthbert... i have no idea why CBC let go of this guy in the first place.. He's the best in the business.."

"(The best in the business) would be Cuthbert. Although Hughson is very good as well."

"Cuthbert was awsome. The BEST."

" Thank god its not Millen! Andy Murray will be good. I still miss Cuthbert....:whaa:"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Those were completely in order of the search. I didn't skip any and only edited the one for clarity. I can keep going.... the next 20 are all exactly the same. Chris Cuthbert is absolutely the best in the business. I could search a dozen other message boards and find exactly the same thing. Whether it be the Canucks or the Flames or the Oilers or Toronto.... everyone except Devils fans seem to be in agreement. Chris Cuthbert is in the elite for PBP.

cuthbert was the guy who did teh game today? if so then i must change my previous statement about the commentators. I didn't realize a bunch of random Flames fans loved him. My mistake. The commentating was amazing. I love listening to a couple of guys bullsh*t about meaningless subplots instead of hearing an exciting play by play announcer verbalize the action before me.

Because if it's great for flames fans, it's great for me.

There was no flow to the game at all. Doc would be chatting up stories with Davidson too if this was the case.

I have heard a ton of games with Doc where they tell stories for 5 minutes.

McNabb sucks and so does Cammi. Give Chris a good game to call.

I think Don and I have heard him 100s of times to know how good he is.

You don't like random Flames fans? How about random Sens fans?

From SensNetwork.com:

"A hockey night featuring Cuthbert, Duthie and Maguire will be awesome."

"I wish they could fire Rod Black and put Cuthbert in his place for Jays game"

"The release of Cuthbert just underlines the disfunctional management at CBC."

"I respect Chris Cuthbert a lot and I think he's one of the best."

"Dean and Cuthbert are both great play-by-play guys"

"Cuthbert + Hughson > Cole + Hughson"

I can keep going.... pick a team. Chris Cuthbert is highly regarded throughout the hockey world and it would seem that a handful of random Devils fans are the only ones on the planet that dislike the guy.

First off, no offense to my friends up North, but Pierre McGuire and all those other CAN-ads who came to do TV work in the US should be deported back to Canada...they suck, and their accents belong north of the border...

Secondly, did anyone notice how quickly "band wagon hoppers" Bill Clement, Ray Puke'arro, and Eddie Olcyzk were quick to condemn NJ???

Eat Sh!T NBC!!!!

Long live Stan Fischler!!!