msweet

Janssen  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen with him?

• He should always be on the Devils
    • One more season to see if he can play
    • Back to Albany
    • Shouldn't be in hockey, he's a bouncer

I thinking Lou & Co. work on his hockey skills in the off season. I think he brings something we haven't seen in years and I think a "Dobermna" line is a valuable commodity.

Look for him to improve with NHL traing and some more experience and get 10 pts next year.

I certainly don;t want him on any one else's team.

The kid's got heart.

Intimidation will remain a part of this game no matter what the Commish does.

:evil::koolaid:

seriously, i'll be heartbroken if he's not a devil next year. he's got his little heart so into this and you can see how happy it makes it. not that really matters all that much in the game, but he plays like he wants everyone to know he belongs there. i know he doesn't have much of a shot, and when he shoots it can be almost comical but he does his job and he does it well. keep cammy jams!

:boogie: go cammy! go cammy! go!

Edited by gordienumber9

Depending on how the Devils spend their money this offseason I'd rather see Janssen play limited or let him try to work on skills in the AHL. If the Devils don't add someone who can help on the 2nd PP unit I'd rather see the Devils bring up someone who can help there rather than Janssen. In the best of both worlds maybe a guy like Tallackson could help out the 2nd PP unit and be physical on a banging 4th line.

Janssen will never be more than a 4th line agitator and fighter. He makes little $$$ and there is no pressure to play him every night so why not keep him around for the games when the Devils need a physical prescence. Janssen is awesome.

*** BINGO ****

No reason for him to go to the minors when at this point in his career he's not going to ever bring his puck handling or shooting abilities to NHL level anyway. Down in the minors he's only going to play 5 minutes a night too.

He adds something the Devils don't have enough of - physical presence.

He should play 65 games next year.

No reason for him to go to the minors when at this point in his career he's not going to ever bring his puck handling or shooting abilities to NHL level anyway. Down in the minors he's only going to play 5 minutes a night too.

He adds something the Devils don't have enough of - physical presence.

He should play 65 games next year.

You forgot to mention his skating abilities... :doh1:

I don't see why his skating abilities get killed here all the time. From point A to point B he's probably one of the fastest Devils and that's why he's able to make as many hits as he is. Now if he has a detour from point A to point C, he's not going to get there - he's not very good at turning.

I don't see why his skating abilities get killed here all the time. From point A to point B he's probably one of the fastest Devils and that's why he's able to make as many hits as he is. Now if he has a detour from point A to point C, he's not going to get there - he's not very good at turning.

Not for nothing, but if you said this same thing about a kid's skating at any level of travel team tryouts, he/she wouldn't make the cut (ok he might make a Squirt team but never at the Pee Wee level). The fact that we can say it about someone in the NHL is phenomenal (and not in a good way).

Edited by M.

Not for nothing, but if you said this same thing about a kid's skating at any level of travel team tryouts, he/she wouldn't make the cut (ok he might make a Squirt team but never at the Pee Wee level). The fact that we can say it about someone in the NHL is phenomenal (and not in a good way).

It's also true that goons over the years have had trouble skating in general. Think Steve McKenna or Tony Twist. These guys had the skating ability of Happy Gilmore without the slapshot - at least Cam has good balance and can hit people. That was always my problem with Jim McKenzie - he rarely fought and he wasn't fast enough to hit anyone.

Janssen will never be more than a 4th line agitator and fighter. He makes little $$$ and there is no pressure to play him every night so why not keep him around for the games when the Devils need a physical prescence. Janssen is awesome.

thefiestygoat gets it.

Yes , he stays :P

Im still convinced lou should try and mould him into a defenceman, ask Scotty S to come back and tutor him over the summer :boogie:

i mean the boy can hit like a train and he has that slightly deranged element to his personallity, which reminds me of stevens, now all they would need to teach him is how to play defence.

Anyone ??????

:P

Heart and soul player, brings energy and knows his role.

But he needs to score.

Buffalo advances because they had 11, 40pts scorers and no goon.

We had a 4th line playing 4 minutes a game, a 3rd line with defensive role and only 3-4 scoring forwards, only one who could escape the trap (Gomez).

If Janssen can bring this energy and hitting, without stupid penalties (he was good for this in this series, even puting some Canes in the box) AND score 15-20 pts a season, keep him.

If not...

Yes , he stays :P

Im still convinced lou should try and mould him into a defenceman, ask Scotty S to come back and tutor him over the summer :boogie:

i mean the boy can hit like a train and he has that slightly deranged element to his personallity, which reminds me of stevens, now all they would need to teach him is how to play defence.

Anyone ??????

:P

I don't think he knows how to skate backwards! :lol: