NJDevs Roller/Floor Hockey ???

CRASHER

..... but hey it worked pretty well the FIRST time we tried it and there's enough hockey players on this board that we should be able to make this work at least once!!! I know a few of you guys do play regualrly, and it would be fun (and get me playing regularly again, since my "friends" are weak and like softball better) if we gave the old NJ Devs hockey league a shot again.... not to mention with the holiday weekends of now and July 4th coming... it's as good a time as ANY to give it a shot.....

... anyone in ???

There's a nice rink here in Roseland as well as the one DF26 showed me in Hoboken as well as the classic original rink in Woodbridge but other ideas are welcome too!!

Dibs on goalie B )

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... but hey it worked pretty well the FIRST time we tried it and there's enough hockey players on this board that we should be able to make this work at least once!!! I know a few of you guys do play regualrly, and it would be fun (and get me playing regularly again, since my "friends" are weak and like softball better) if we gave the old NJ Devs hockey league a shot again.... not to mention with the holiday weekends of now and July 4th coming... it's as good a time as ANY to give it a shot.....

I'd play, but does our age matter at all? If you are pressed for players I could probably bring a friend or two, we usually play hockey once every week/couple weeks over the summer anyway and are always looking for more.

... anyone in ???

There's a nice rink here in Roseland as well as the one DF26 showed me in Hoboken as well as the classic original rink in Woodbridge but other ideas are welcome too!!

Dibs on goalie B )

I'd love to play, and I just started a few weeks ago in a roller hockey league, but unfortunately, there's that minor issue of the 200 mile drive to get there... :argh:

I wish more people played around here. We used to play every day as kids back up in Albany. :saddevil:

I'd play, but does our age matter at all? If you are pressed for players I could probably bring a friend or two, we usually play hockey once every week/couple weeks over the summer anyway and are always looking for more.

Age matters not just like with women :P

All you need to be is willing to play... we don't play contact or anything... and we usually don't even use a puck cause the surface in woodbridge is not good enough for it (and I get to have more fun trying for assists that way, though I was averaging 2 a game with the puck in Hoboken :lol:)

I'd love nothing more then to get a nice weekend game going all the time!!!

I'd love to play, and I just started a few weeks ago in a roller hockey league, but unfortunately, there's that minor issue of the 200 mile drive to get there... :argh:

I wish more people played around here. We used to play every day as kids back up in Albany. :saddevil:

Bah excuses!!!

It's a 2 hour drive from Albany ... not too terrible though i'd HATE to be in your car afterwards with stinky hockey gear and stuff :ph34r:

Bah excuses!!!

It's a 2 hour drive from Albany ... not too terrible though i'd HATE to be in your car afterwards with stinky hockey gear and stuff :ph34r:

Yeah, but I'm not in Albany any more - Maryland is over 3 hours, over 4 if there's any traffic. Fortunately, my gear doesn't stink yet. I had to buy all new gear when I started playing in the league, so it all smells pretty new. I don't think I could stand 3 hours in a car with old gear. :puke:

Alright MD is a good enough excuse :P

though my gear STAYS in my car and the the stink has yet to leave the trunk :D

Keep me updated, and in turn I'll let you know when we're playing hockey. Too many of our group doesn't own skates though so our regular games are almost always on foot.

Keep me updated, and in turn I'll let you know when we're playing hockey. Too many of our group doesn't own skates though so our regular games are almost always on foot.

I will.... and it doesn't matter to me I don't skate in goal and we've played hybrid (skates and non-skates in the same game it does work kinda well too!!)

anyone want to try to set a date for this??

i'm heading down to play a game with devilsfan26 soon.

as for this, my friend and i might be able to come...usually we like to play forwards and dmen have skates and goalies can have skates or shoes.

i can't do anything outside of goalie.

my friend and i use to play with skates and shoes people. it's fun just for the fact that it's hockey, but on one level it's kind of annoying because shoed people can just stop and go. i don't want to sound like i'm bashing anybody, becuase if i played anything outside of goalie i would play with shoes. its jsut my experience that facing shooters with skates is much more fun. cause sometimes guys on shoes do this retarded thing on breakaways where they basically run really fast and close to you then stop in front and run back and forth until there is an opening, i can't describe it all that well, but as long as the person is modestly agile and has a long reach they can score every time if they don't miss the net.

Edited by bruins4777

the way I've seen it is with shoes and skates they balance each other out (and we usually divide them equally too)

Skaters tend to be faster and can out run and outlast walkers... but walkers have the turning radius

I don't care cause I am always in goal too... last time I played forward I almost killed someone with a slapshot :P

i played in the original, and ill play in this one as well. the rink doesnt matter a whole lot to me, whatver is easiest for everyone. i know df26 will definiteily be in as well. i can play just about any day, just so long as i get a week or two heds up so i can make sure i get off from work.

Crasher, Jbech said you could shower at our house after when you come play here and you know we're good for a road trip to where ever tto play hokcey. My equip and his lives in my car...which is why no one ever wants rides when I offer them. In short, don't care where or when, let's do this! :clap::boogie:

Yay house to shower at !! :clap:

Well next weekend is out for me I'll be in Phily... anyone want to take a stab at doing this Sunday or Monday or should we wait till June??

I also think we should stick with Woodbridge... it's tradition after all B )

I'm down with this. Hopefully we get better weather this time than we had the first time we did this. And hopefully our MVP award shows up this time! :lol:

I wasn't even gonna mention that :lol::P

as long as a fun time is had by all and Mike doesn't fall on anyone or through any doors trying to skate

it usually makes for a heck of a day for all involved !!!

Shame we can't slap this together for monday...