Eklund Revealed?

NJD Jester

I've been honest about an Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) addiction I've had for the last year and a half. It's the same sort of addiction I have with other frauds, like Stephen Glass and and Jayson Blair and James Frey. I admire the dedication it takes to pull off a hoax, while at the same time I loathe what these hoaxes do to my chosen profession.

All that said, it appears the gig may be up for our little rumor whore. First comes news of a potential clas action suit against Hockeybuzz.com for unpaid awards for the site's fantasy hockey pool:

http://www.ericmcerlain.com/offwingopinion...6174.php#006174

Now, if you a second link, you'll find Vancouver Canucks Op-Ed, a great blog that I've read for a while. In it, there's a little detective work, revealing that NHL insider Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) may in fact be touring musician Dwayne Keith Klessel.

http://vancouvercanucksoped.com/2006/05/24/fun-with-Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)

Maybe you already knew this. It was news to me. I could write all day about this guy and his site (and the fact that both John Madden and Stan Fischler had the sense to get out while they could).

<JESTER>

• 8 months later...
Apparently Sportsnet goofed on the shadowing which revealed "Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s" face.

Riiiiiight. Sportsnet "goofed". It was a complete accident. Yup. ;)

I thought Sam Kinison was Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) for a sec.... :rolleyes:

Oh, oh, ohhhhhhh!!!!!!

Wild thing! :koolaid:

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is Andy Kaufman, I think that's what we've proven.

If by that you mean Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is Mighty Mouse, I'd say you were correct.

Also, did anyone else kinda hope (N)Єverson was Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)?

No, (N)(N)Єverson's not smart enough to be Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate).

I've had about 10 people e-mail me with that mug shot today. Glad some eyes might be opened as to who this "insider" really is.

BTW, I've been taking part in an interesting discussion on a blog called Canucks and Beyond about Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) joining the Sportsnet trade deadline show. One of the things the blogger introduced was this screen shot of Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s "bio" from his early days on the Web:

Eklund (2.3% accurate)-bio1.gif

He later changed his bio, indicating that he had nothing to do with hockey until the lockout.

The story can be found here.

<JESTER>